• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The latest "Galen wants to know where the uber loot is" thread

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So....

I do pretty good in this game. I'm not complaining.

But I do seem to have a habit of, no matter how many high-end to middle-end monsters I kill, always missing out on the uber loot that everyone else seems to be able to find.

Where are you all finding things like, say, the katana I keep seeing some guy with:

Faster Cating 1
Damage Increase about 50
Hit Chance Increase 12
Hit Lightning 50.​

Or the bone harvester with:

Damage Increase 38
Hit chance Increase 12
SSI 30
Hit Lower Defense 48
Hit Fireball 40-something.​

Does Luck really matter? In which case I should probably give up; I'm a dexer.

-Galen's player

C

Connor_Graham

Most of the weapons I've seen like those are found on Dark Fathers or Peerless bosses. Sometimes you can get lucky and get them on a strongbox quest. I've got a short spear that came from a Dark Father that is very close to that bone harvester except it has UBWS in place of the HCI.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get you a 10 anniversary luck statue, I also run a dexxer and I do not have much in the way of luck on him, but when I use the statue, I boost my luck to nearly 900, it is a noteable difference, I still find crappy loot mostly but ever once in awhile I get a nice piece.

A

athlon

get you a 10 anniversary luck statue, I also run a dexxer and I do not have much in the way of luck on him, but when I use the statue, I boost my luck to nearly 900, it is a noteable difference, I still find crappy loot mostly but ever once in awhile I get a nice piece.
The difference for loot bump between 900 luck and 1200 or so luck is very small.

When i use the luck statue, i have around 750 luck - and i get some decent loot. Nothing like what a crafter can make with runics, but once in a while i get something very similar.

F

Finch

Ok I give, where does one get the luck statue?

P

packrat

I have over 2000 luck after i touch the statue and I don't find that kind of loot. I killed swoops for 3 days straight and got 1 minor arty (quiver of rage) and a couple of armor pieces that I kept. The rest was all junk.
I have done the Dread Horn over 30 times and never recieved an arty or much else for that fact. Im just thinking they turned down the loot since the clean up started.

M

mmmbeer

seems to me df's and peerless give the best loot by far. after that the strongbox quests can alsl yield val quality items.

from the looks of some of the items u describe...can be made with as little as a gold/aggy hammer.

i just recently found a kryss with 42stamleech/44fireball/40hld/45di. its not super stupendous but not bad either -- this came from a stranger.

luck doesnt seem to have much affect on items but i sure do notice a huge difference in the arty drop rate when in doom wearing 2000+luck

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you all finding things like, say, the katana I keep seeing some guy with:

Faster Cating 1
Damage Increase about 50
Hit Chance Increase 12
Hit Lightning 50.​

Or the bone harvester with:

Damage Increase 38
Hit chance Increase 12
SSI 30
Hit Lower Defense 48
Hit Fireball 40-something.​

Does Luck really matter? In which case I should probably give up; I'm a dexer.

-Galen's player
I know this isn't what you were asking about, but these can be made fairly easily with runic hammers (Agapite and higher). Since the changes to runics, yo have a much better chance of hitting 100% in properties.

And when you are smithing you dont need a luck suit, but a good talisman and at least a +30 or higher Ancient Smith Hammer are needed.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah as some have said decent luck and doom bosses are one of the best ways to pull that kind of loot.

If you can run really high luck though and manage to make your way to the back end of twisted weald you can pull some amazing jewels and other uber stuff from those spiders in there. I used to do that back when swoop was always packed with people.

But seriously no matter what kind of stuff you find only jewels matter everythign else is junk when compared to runic crafter stuff.