• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The last... Felled

silmwarensurion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The dastardly Chaos vortex has been destroyed. A group led by the more mature and kinder members of SI(Scally+Gwen), and various solo players(myself included) made it to the area in shame where the Chaos vortex spawns.

We were able to kill quite a few of them as a group.

This area is tricky to get to, and to sustain a position there without harm.

Monsters that spawn there are diseased blood elementals, Molten elementals, and wind elementals.

The chaos vortex is a combination of special moves seen by the unbound, and crazed mages. It will taint and drain your mana. Taint ability causes damage to you when u cast spells. Mana drain takes your mana- so it virtually has unlimited mana. If u have mana- it does 2 lol. It will also pull you to it.

It is something everyone should try. Im not sure about the total loot it has. But considering there was around 7 of us, my share was somewhat large. It drops chaga, and other abyss ingredients.

The area with the chaos vortex should be done with a group. The reason is the safest spot to fight the vortex has at least one diseased blood elemental and 2 molten elementals. The moltens go down fast and easy; But, they have a ranged fire attack that hits for 60 damage- at 70 fire resist.

Diseased blood elementals are weak at ranged spell attacks; But, when they get 2 u, there melee attack is brutal. It hits hard and when it does it can poison.

P.S. If you see me leading monsters; I am not leading them to you. Sometimes something flags on me and It was something i wasnt looking to kill.
When this happens sometimes i have to run through a group of players. Instead of recalling out I will lead it to an area away from any players in the area before recalling out. I like people alot. I will always put any and all of you before me.