• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Labrynth: a Challenge!!

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In researching about the titles gained from champ spawns, I have found this bit of information:

Yes it was true. It first started out on Saturday when I recieved a message from a friend with a link to a Japanese website which showed detailed yet poorly translated information of the Minotaur Labrynith champion spawn.
So the following day around 4 PM PST myself; Lord Braska and another friend Kerridwen went to the dungeon and started making our way to the heart of the dungeon killing off the spawn as we go. Slowly but surely we made it to the center building and explored around and unlike other spawns this one doesn't have an altar. At this time we were joined with our other friend B Krohon and another person who managed to get past all the spawns.
We then decided to start killing of the spawn to see if anything happened. Eventually we got a message on our screen saying something along the line of 'A minotaur captain barks an order to his fellow scouts, "Aid the others! Kill the invaders!" (There was another message before this, but I can't remember what it was.) With every minotaur felled the message repeated. Few more people managed to get in then. After quiet awhile more we finally got the last message saying, 'A minotaur captain bellows, "Meraktus has arrived!" and on the top floor of the central building Meraktus the Minotaur (The boss of the dungeon) and four Tormented Minotaur spawned.
At this time many others managed to get to the center and joined the battle. The Tormented Minotaurs can move pretty fast as I watched someone on foot being chased by one, I would have to say, half way through the dungeon. Alot of us got a nasty suprise though as it seems that both the Tormented and Meraktus have an area effect attack similar to Rikktor, like an earthquake, but I don't recall hearing the sound. It was much more powerful too the closer you are to the creatures for I noticed a few people that were close to one of them we're dropped to near death or even killed out right, myself abit farther away was dropped to about half health. Earlier on about 4 of us were killed standing next to one, luckily B Krohon went inside the building to rez Kerridwen when it happened, or else we would have to wait for the next living person to come and rez us. After awhile we dropped all the Tormented Minotaurs and got Meraktus back into the garden area of the central building which a combined attack brought him down close to death, before he unleashed an area attack after area attack nearly wiping us all out. We all retreated briefly into the building to get rezzed and as soon as I was up and running I ran outside with Shadowfang my Cu Sidhe and had him sink his sharp teeth onto the bloodied fur of Meraktus healing him like mad as they fought each other. Soon I was joined by two other Cu Sidhe's of my friends and several EV's from the other people with greater heals, e-bolts and such being chanted in the background, and not too soon after Meraktus fell at our feet.
I guess the one thing that throws most people off is the belief that it would be like all the other champion spawns in which there is a central altar that would normally show you the progress of the spawn. Which is not so here, and unlike the other champs, there is no new creatures popping up with each new level. You basically keep killing all the minotaurs until you get each of the 3 messages I mentioned before.
This is definitely not part of the Inu the Crone quest, and I think its something that was just overlooked by most people until it was done by us. It was right in the open this whole time, but seeing no real profit gained from just killing minotaurs when you have Miasma spawning near the entrance no one bothered with it til now.
My thanks goes out to Lady Kerridwen of MLD and B Krohon of EK. two of the greatest and skilled hunting partners I know of along side my in-game wife Lady Elysian Bothwell. And another thanks to B Krohon who gave us the info about the monsters! You guys are awesome!
-Lord Braska, Bane of the Peerless (C&E)

Now nothing much is known about this spawn and it has been attempted a few times I know of on catskills. Many say it is broken and not working as intended. it has been tried before with a large group for over an hour with no visible signs of advancement.

It is also the only champ spawn that I have not completed.

Here in lies my challenge to the guild and the rest of the alliance as well. I am looking for a group of hearty adventerers to take this area on for a length of time. I would like to think 2 hrs minimum in this area with a well equiped group should be plenty enough time to get this spawn to advance.

*throws down the gauntlet* who here will take up the challenge?

B

Branwyn of Errol

Unless anthing unforseen develops this evening, Barefoot and her dragon are ready to join you at 8PM.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll participate if you do it earlier... but I can't help after 6:30.

A

Ashlen

I cant remember if it was a Friday nite hunt thing
or a Dragon Alliance thing
But Anne Nomilly, myself and group of us worked that
up a few times and never did get the champ to spawn.
It was a challenge and it was always filled with death
robes and a lot of laughs
But no Champ.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to Thank all those that showed up and attempted to participate. Sadly the spawn seems broken and will not advance. The spawn never called for its reinforcements nor did it say anything at all. We was at it for 2 hours, more than enough time to advance any spawn in game.

I strongly urge all who participated to submit a bug report to try and get this fixed.

again thankyou for all who came and participated.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry it didn't turn out for you all, would be great to get things like this fixed before any expansions come out.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a fun adventure indeed! Although the spwan advancement did not work, we actually had the chance to engage the famous Pyre (an orange eagle-like bird) and the Mistral (an air-elemental like thing). The battlefield at the remote end of the Minotaur City was gigantic!

I'll have my travelogue and screenshots ready by tomorrow.

B

Branwyn of Errol

I would enjoy seeing those screenshots Hawkeye. Barefoot was there for over an hour before having to attend to rl duties. Got a few deathrobes and had a good time at it. Even though the champ could not be summoned, 'twas a good excuse for an outing; well attended too, I might add.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for making a journal of the fun. I made it into a few of the pics there and wasnt even wearing death robes :)

C

CatLord

We're trying this again... Tonight... 11.30 pm EST.

Thank you.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have completed this spawn as a guild on several occasions. And when I mean guild, I mean almost all of us were there, like 15 ppl I think.

It is a b*tch.

That is all.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I soloed it with a gd and provoke not that long ago. Well Catlord was supposed to help me kill the champ in end, but he died on his way in and I was busy keeping my drag alive. I think I got him up when champ was down to 1/10 health.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have completed this spawn as a guild on several occasions. And when I mean guild, I mean almost all of us were there, like 15 ppl I think.

It is a b*tch.

That is all.
It's easier to do with two people than 15.

Unless the 15 actually work together and aren't idiots.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, we have a pretty proficient group. Certainly no heathen idiots in my crew. Except maybe Nomad. He's just a griefer.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uthar, if you run this again, my guild will go... hopefully a Friday or Sat night. We have about 7 actives that would enjoy that; all skilled, all on vent, all very effective. Send me a PM! :heart:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one that realizes Pitr Thread Necromancied this?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prob not because Uthar is still around; he gifted me some academic books he had so that I could make my bookshelves for VL. He's an old friend and it sounds just like him. Besides these vbulletin boards suck, they have the dates sooo small... that and certain people I put on ignore. :)