• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS The "LA Informer" for 11-19-20, Volume 4, #9.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*** Pick up your "ELECTIONS!" edition of the "LA Informer" outlining all things elections and city business at Veritas Vendors on the "LA Informer" vendor, or read it locked on the front steps of Veritas Inn, WTLA Memorial Rune Library (easily accessed from transport tiles at Veritas Inn and the Player Center), plus the WTLA Player Center in UMP Town just west of Umbra on the roadway. It is in a longer GREEN book that holds all you need to know about citizenship and elections! ***

The"LAInformer"V.4.#9, by El of LA

THE "LA INFORMER"
Volume 4, Number 9,
November 19, 2020.

I. Because, 2020.

II. ELECTIONS Are Upon Us!
III. New Event! The Dark Forest!
IV. City Funds - Update.
V. Pandemic Memorial and Memory Book Installed at WTLA Memorial Rune Library.

- - - - - - - -

I. Because, 2020.
I am sorry that there has been an interruption in the "LA Informer" newspapers and my associated reporting on Stratics.com for the last several months. I have not been on the game until the last couple of weeks. I have no other excuse except that I was initially sick last Spring, and now I am weary, grieved, and had writer's block from this for months. Please bear with me on Stratics and here with "Informer" newspapers while I try to recover the health of my body and soul so I can write again. Thank you so much for playing here with me and reading my papers. If you have a story for me and/or an issue that you would like me to research I will always do that and make special reports, as I am today! Damar, I am sorry I missed your request while I was gone.

I will always love LA and all its denizens. Happy Holidays to All!

- - - - - - - -

II. ELECTIONS ARE UPON US!
It is time for the semi-annual voting for City Governorships! I will copy and place the companion book that outlines election procedures. Hopefully this November 30th all persons interested in becoming Governors for the first time or continuing their service to the shard will nominate themselves and be seconded. Please consider filling one of these posts, as you not only get special recognition from Stratics and UO on your character/account, but you can specify and provide special buffs to all the players that designate your City as "Home." The City accounts that I report on in each "LA Informer" keeps us all up to date on the City balances that are used for these "buffs." It takes 2 million gold for each week's designation, and each City needs 104 million in gold each year for its constant operations. You can donate to Cities for special titles as well as you contribute for City funds for buffs.

I apologize for missing June due to illness, and I see that some Cities, including my traditional Governorship in Moonglow went unfilled. I hope that we can fix that and fill those governorships again! If you have any questions, ask in General Chat for me, El, and I will answer if I'm on! Other people are also aware of the process and can answer questions as well. Mylene, for instance, is on every day normally and has been governor of Britain for years on end! Thanks Mylene!

Good luck in elections. I will report on the voting time when it comes, and report the results afterward. Don't forget to pick up and read my companion guide to elections that will be placed at Luna and Britain Banks!

- - - - - - - -

III. New Event! The Dark Forest!
We have a new quest for the event that started today (11/19/20) and will end on 12/19/20. You can find the first installment of the quest mystery story on the front page at Ultima Online! You will also find it on the update/login page when you start up your client for UO.

This one appears to be a 'mystery' that must be solved to even start the event, so you can find information on what the players are doing and how they are doing it at this Stratics.com thread!

Also there is a walkthrough forming that I found for the event, also on Stratics.com, at this link:
We have Larisa of Stratics to thank for starting this and looking for the clues!

Good luck to all on this new quest.

- - - - - - - -

IV. CITY BUFFS/GOLD THIS WEEK: UPDATE.
The Pandemic and lockdown has affected many of our players and the life of the shard. As a result, we are lacking all but one established Governors at the moment for our cities! Here is a list of the player buffs and gold balances of each city today (11/19/20). Email our EM, Topaz, on the UO.com shard forum if you'd like to be designated for any of our open Governorships. Consider doing some trade runs this week to assist those Cities with lower bank balances for player buffs! Please consider putting in your name for a Governorship when the next election comes on November 23rd. I am placing companion green books at the Player Center, Veritas Inn, WTLA Memorial Rune library and my houses that explain the process. You can get them for free off the vendor for the "LA Informer" at Veritas Inn.

1. BRITAIN: Buff=+5 SDI (+5 Spell Damage Inc.). Bank Bal=942.1 million. Governor: Mylene.

2. JHELOM: Buff=+5 SSI (+5 Swing Speed Inc.). Bank Bal=932.7 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

3. MINOC: Buff=+5 HCI (+5 Hit Chance Inc.). Bank Bal.=171.2 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

4. MOONGLOW: +2 MR (+2 Mana Regen.). Bank Bal.=877.2 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

5. NEW MAGENCIA: Buff=+5 SDI (+5 Spell Damage Inc.). Bank Bal.=1 billion. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

6. SKARA BRAE: Buff=+1 FC (+1 Faster Casting). Bank Bal.=901.6 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

7. TRINSIC: Buff=+5 SSI (+5 Swing Speed Inc.). Bank Bal.=130.9 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

8. VESPER: Buff =+5 SSI (+5 Swing Speed Inc.). Bank Bal.=779.8 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

9. YEW: Buff=+1 FC (+1 Faster Casting). Bank Bal.=159.1 million. Governor: Pending King's Choice (Empty).

• Cities in need of Governors! All but Britain! Moonglow and Yew have pending governor volunteers. Thank you Mylene for being our stalwart City of Britain Governor!

• One year of $2 million/week City Trade Deal player buffs requires $104 million in the City Coffers! Donate or do trade runs to increase these funds!

• Cities offering +5 SDI: Britain, New Magincia.

• Cities offering +5 SSI: Jhelom, Trinsic, Vesper.

• City offering +1 FC: Skara Brae, Yew.

• Cities offering +2 MR: Moonglow.

• City offering +5 HCI: Minoc.

- - - - - - - -

V. Pandemic Memorial and Memory Book Installed at WTLA Memorial Rune Library.
Searching for some small inadequate way to memorialize the year that has been 2020, I have created and placed a memorial area on the 3rd floor of the WTLA Memorial Rune Library. This memorial library is placed North of Vesper and can be easily reached from transport tiles set at the entry way of both the LA Player Center in UMP Town and Veritas Inn on the North side of Luna. Located on the 3rd floor mage book stand, there is a red book where you can enter what you wish to say to memorialize loved ones, fellow players, or other experiences that have happened to you in this year. I hope that in some way, this will allow us as the LA family to share our experiences, losses, grief, and even joyful news so that forevermore this year will live in this book, and in the library that will exist forever in UO.

I hope this offering is meaningful to some of you. I hope it gives comfort to anyone who has had joys or sorrows in this very strange year we all share.

Safe Travels. Stay Well.

- - - - - - - -

The "LA Informer" is published every Sunday for free. Pick up a copy on drops at Luna Bank, West Britain Bank, New Haven Bank, or the vendor located at Veritas Inn & Bar, on the North side of Luna ("200 NW Luna Blvd."). It's the 2nd house East of the NW corner inside the walls, at 101o 47'N, 27o 0'W (or w3. 939, 466, -90 in new gps).
Editions are also locked down for reading on house steps at Veritas Inn, the WTLA Player Center (West of Umbra), WTLA Memorial Rune Library (on the shore North of Vesper), and other public houses.
Submissions, notifications of upcoming shard events, and article suggestions to El can also be dropped off at Veritas Inn & Bar in the mailbox located next to the front door. We want to hear of your news!

- - - - - - - -

See you soon.

-- El of LA, 11-19-20

Attachments