• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The King of Thieves

EMCrysania

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mary stood looking at the pirate camp where her father had at one time been held prisoner. Signs of him being there were scattered about. The watch with his and her mothers initials on it, the broken hilt of a sword with the Flint crest on the hilt. Taking the watch and sword hilt, she walked slowly back towards the shore of Terra Sanctum and her ship.
After the attacks on the towns people who aided her in the search was over,she had hoped to find more information as to where her father had been taken. Searching through the camp had not turned up any further clues, other than the broken watch and sword hilt.
"At least its something", she thought to herself. She just hoped it meant that he was alive when he was here, and the items not purloined from other Pirates.
Boarding her ship, Mary ordered the wheel man to set sail back towards Britain. Perhaps Old Charlie could find out more information. Surely someone knew more,even though it had been several years since her father had gone missing. Mary knew the chances of him being alive were slim, but if there was a chance, then she had to take it and try and find him.
Making way into port, Mary ordered the ship docked and made her way down the gangplank. She hurried off to the small tavern where she had met Old Charlie hoping to find him there again. Seeing the old man sitting at the bar, Mary motioned him over.
" Well lass, were ye father there? " old Charlie asked.
"No, I'm afraid not Charlie, But he had been there!" pulling out the broken watch to show him." Is there other information you've found out since I have been gone?" she asked.
" Well Lass, there is another person I spoke with after ye left. He's a wee bit on the shady side, not sure whether his word be spoken in truth or not, but he claims to have knowledge of where ye father is being held, or was being held.He knew about that old pirate camp ye went to, and knew that ye father had been moved..too bad I didn't talk with him first..would have saved ye the troubles of going there." he said.
"Who is this person..and where can I find him?" Mary asked.
"Well lass, that's the tricky part, he's a thief..and ye know thieves are tricky, and up to all sorts of mischief, and bound by the thieves code. Ye mayhaps have to prove ye self worthy of his words." he said.
"Prove myself worthy? What do you mean by that?",she asked.
"Well, knowing the old sod, he'll probably want ye to steal a few things fer him, or tell him how to do somethin," Charlie said, "Iffin these old fingers were still nimble, I'd do it fer ye." " But last time I jacked me old hand in a pocket, I got a couple nights room and board in the jail barracks, jest not as slick as I once were", he grumbled.
"He claims to be the king of thieves, and by my boots, he are a good one...."
" Where can I find this so called "King of Thieves"?" Mary asked.
"Well now, that's the tricky part lass. He's some where outside of Britain..East a ways..ye will have to search fer him and do as he asks to get the information ye be needin'" Charlie replied.
Mary sat and listened a bit longer to all Charlie could tell her. Bidding him goodbye she sat out on foot to try and find out where the one person who may hold the answers to finding her father could be located. The one who called himself the "King of Thieves".

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there an EM website for Napa where upcoming events are posted? Or is finding out days/times of upcoming events best found here?

Thanks!

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
here is a good place for news and information, along with in game announcers. always a safe bet to find things here though.