• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Invasion

Swindle

Visitor
What a strange time we live in, full of strange people, strange colors, and... very strange odors.

What has become of our precious Barter Town? The streets littered with corpses, both humans and beasts, excreting their fowl fluids all over the floors, walls, and roofs. Luckily there are Heroes here to dispatch of this villainy and save our fair town!
Capture.PNG

I decide to check on one of the heroes supplies, just to make sure that they are properly stocked up for the epic battle ahead! The Bloody Nine, oh my favorite target... erm... I mean champion and savior!
Capture3.PNG

Oh! A treasure map! I've always wanted to go on an epic adventure like the famous heroes I read about in the picture books! Judging by the corpses of The Bloody Nine littering the streets, he is not ready for such an exciting adventure, I must save him from this danger by relieving him of this temptation.
Capture4 (1).PNG

Having saved The Bloody Nine from a ill fated adventure, I decided to check out our other heroes to see how I could best serve them.

Ugg... gargoyles everywhere and nothing but blessed and gargish items, I can't even refill their bandages for them! Well, don't blame me if they become overloaded and fall victim to the plague of murders and beasts that surround them, serves them right for not paying the toll.
Capture5.PNG

Finally, a hero worth helping and friendly to boot! A simple hi goes a long way, especially when followed up by GP! It seems our reputation precedes us and Magical knows that it is either her GP or her HP!
Capture7.PNG
Capture8.PNG
After my last friendly encounter, I decide to check one more hero and, having just picked up the mystic arts myself, I find this ring would go nicely with my newly acquired skill set. While they are distracted by the murderer, I reach my hand into their pocket and take my prize. Then I run as fast as my tiny feet can take me to Vesper for some peace and quiet. This invasion of Barter Town is really cramping my style.
Capture9.PNG
Capture10.PNG
Surely Vesper must be safe, I heard their guards are eunuchs who's only pleasure is to guard the vast treasures of their town, surely they would easily dispatch any invasion attempt. As I approach Vesper, I start to get a whiff of the familiar smell from Barter Town, which can only mean that there are either gargoyles or an invasion! Vesper isn't safe either! If our world is under attack I must continue to step up and help these poor, poor heroes, in anyway I can!

Hey look at this! Silly tamer, looks like he is having issues controlling his beast, maybe because his hands are full with this Lute? Hmmm, I can only think of one way to best help this hero, and that is to relieve him of this burden! As he moves his focus to his beast, I sneak up behind him, grab the lute by the neck and...
Capture11.PNG

Snatch it! You are welcome Lady Li! Now you can focus on your beast and save the fair town of Vesper!
Capture12.PNG

After acquiring my new instrument, I decide to check out the local mage shop. Within it, I find a battle raging between one of the murderers and Mlouk B'ra, I check his pockets and found a lovely cloak, neatly folded and stored away for safe keeping. I notice this cloak is starting to get a bit stained from the battle. This is obviously not what is desired by Mlouk, since he had it stored away so carefully, it must be important to him! I'll take the cloak and hold onto it, for safe keeping, until the battle is won! Then he can find it on my vendor for purchase, for a small storage fee.
Capture15.PNG
Capture16.PNG

I decided to finish off the night at Moonglow, empty my pockets and get some sleep. But, upon my arrival, I notice this town is also under attack! What, in Lord Blackthorn's name, is going on around here!
Well, since I'm here I might as well continue to help the cause!
Capture17.PNG

The first hero I run into is Taliesin, who is also trying to strum and stroke their beast at the same time. Poor Taliesin, poor fool, this is not how to take down murders, if you are going to stroke your beast, use two hands! I'll hold on to your lute for safe keeping! You can pick it up from my vendor tomorrow! You're welcome!
Capture18.PNG
Capture19 (1).PNG

Carrying this invasion is getting tiring, I have helped so many heroes today, I think i'll retire to my small pouch soon. But first, is there anything else I can do for the poor, deformed and hunchback, Taliesin before I go? Oh, what's this? Something shiny in his pack, hmmm this looks promising, but it's too small to fit me, maybe it would look good as a toe ring? Either way, I can tell his pocket is about to rip and if that were to happen, some unsavory fellow might pick up the contents. I'll hold onto it for him, along with his lute, until after the invasion is complete.
Capture20.PNG
Capture21.PNG

I drop my friend Taliesin's goods off at my storage for safe keeping and decide to rest on the bench; I am tired, my feet hurt, and it is getting late. I don't think I can even make it back to my small pouch to rest. I think I'll just sleep on this bench until tomorrow.

TALIESIN! WOULD YOU BE QUIET! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP AROUND HERE! How rude, just yelling 'Guards' over and over again for 20 minutes. I guess i can add brain damage to his list of ailments. Actually... keep going... the smell of fear and the sound of whimpering lulls me to sleep... Your tears sustain me. *falls asleep*
Capture22.PNG
Capture23.PNG

Lots of heroes needing help lately, not a bad haul from a couple of days of 'helping' heroes during this invasion. No need to look for me, as I will find you.
Capture.PNG

Remember, time is a river, life is a journey, and the door is ajar.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't use the classic client in a while but I don't recall seeing those % numbers over people's heads. Did they implement that with the latest changes to CC?

Swindle

Visitor
You should really use the classic client, anything else is not canonical. As for your comment, I don't see it, might be an artifact on your screen. Weird.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're using a cheat, and just diminished any possible value to your RP posting, you can go away now.

Swindle

Visitor
Just in case you were not aware, stealing isn't cheating, it's part of the game. HERE is a link to the official UO wiki for reference, might want to study up.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just in case you were not aware, stealing isn't cheating, it's part of the game. HERE is a link to the official UO wiki for reference, might want to study up.
I think they were referring to your client.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just in case you were not aware, using an unapproved 3rd party app such as the one you're displaying is cheating, might want to study up.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just in case you were not aware, using an unapproved 3rd party app such as the one you're displaying is cheating, might want to study up.
I would return to thee thy tissue that my friends have taken, so that ye can cry from whatever shard ye now reside. Unfortunately, thy cowardice can only be found upon these forums.

Swindle

Visitor
Just in case you were not aware, using Classic Client is not cheating... And third party program? How else would I run Ultima Online unless I use wine on OSX, if they made Ultima Online for OSX, I wouldn't need to use a third party program. Podría querer estudiar.

Swindle

Visitor
What? No more baseless accusations? Are we done here?

You, ma'am, are guilty of libel and I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
We will accept gold, gems, or items, in the amount of 500 million GP.

Please remit payment, at your earliest convenience, to the following address:

C/O Barter Town Accounts Receivable
7895 GiveMeMyStuffBack Ln.
Barter Town, Britannia 69697

I understand the street corner does not pay as well as when you were in your 'prime', so please contact our finance department to setup a payment plan. May Blackthorn have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just in case you were not aware, using Classic Client is not cheating... And third party program? How else would I run Ultima Online unless I use wine on OSX, if they made Ultima Online for OSX, I wouldn't need to use a third party program. Podría querer estudiar.
There's a client that'll run natively on OSX? I've used WINE to run UO on Linux and it's not a pleasant experience. Regardless, WINE doesn't add the features that are displayed on your client, like spells being completely spelt out. I think that's what people are referring to. WINE doesn't give you an advantage and simply just allows you to run Windows-based apps on other OS's. Unless, I'm unaware that there's some open-source client I don't know about that allows native-play?

These days I stick to EC myself. Absolutely hate the art, but can't beat the features. It's nice being able to play at 60fps instead of 12-13 that the CC provides too.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There is a option in CC that will display the words for the spells cast, I use it all the time. Now for Max I wish I had seen the images sometime ago as if there was a % over the people heads then that a hack from a illegal App, 6-13-200001.jpg

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is a option in CC that will display the words for the spells cast, I use it all the time. Now for Max I wish I had seen the images sometime ago as if there was a % over the people heads then that a hack from a illegal App,
Ohh I didn't know that was a feature, that's cool. thanks for clarifying. I didn't get to see the % over people's heads. Did it show their health or something?

Larry Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if you want (or even if you don't) my opinion, that app he is running makes the cc and the ec do about the same thing. And some of you that are against this app now used to use this app.
I believe that one of the reasons that so many free shards throughout the WORLD exist is because of this app.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if you want (or even if you don't) my opinion, that app he is running makes the cc and the ec do about the same thing. And some of you that are against this app now used to use this app.
I believe that one of the reasons that so many free shards throughout the WORLD exist is because of this app.
Not even close...

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's my opinion that the ec is way over powered compared to the cc.
UO Assist makes them closer.
What makes it overpowered I'm curious... Only thing I find that it does better is switch equipment fast and the pathfinding around objects which still gets stuck... No autofollow in EC and you can't just hold down a key and keep doing a Macro indefinitely and lots of crashes and memory leaks it is not overpowered. Any macro in the EC can be made easy on the CC.
And if scripts are used in cc then it's not even close.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah yes, another thread exposing a cheater and the people supporting his way of playing.
I think GarthGrey said it best: you can go away now.

Larry Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said earlier - the reason that freeshards are so numerous is that they have a client(s) that makes the game enjoyable and easy to play. Without UO assist (or other clients) I would have quit years ago.

oh and the ec is the easiest client to modify since it has all the hooks built in. Any programmer can make the ec do anything they want. I'd play it but it makes me seasick.
and
the ec also works with a popular scripting program

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said earlier - the reason that freeshards are so numerous is that they have a client(s) that makes the game enjoyable and easy to play. Without UO assist (or other clients) I would have quit years ago.

oh and the ec is the easiest client to modify since it has all the hooks built in. Any programmer can make the ec do anything they want. I'd play it but it makes me seasick.
and
the ec also works with a popular scripting program
Lol.... If this popular and easy to find program for the EC is around I never heard of it or can't find it... EC scripts only let you do things built in the game...prove it.

Larry Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I ever say it was popular or easy?

You mean you've been looking? lol

Are you a programmer?

How do you think Pinco created all his ui's.
and
If I mention more i'll probably get banned from this site.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I mention more i'll probably get banned from this site.
Talking about illegal third party programs and their functions is allowed, you just can't name them since it's a form of passive advertising.

Magical

Visitor
Regardless of all the accusations, I really liked the RP of your craft. Very entertaining. and imaginative. Thanks for posting it for us to read and thanks for catching my good side! lol jk It was like watching a movie when you know all the people in it !