• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The impression we make on people

• Thread starter Devil_Woman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a complement? I think? A complement on the inclusiveness of the shard's community?

-Galen's player

D

Devil_Woman

I certainly took it to be a compliment. To me it says we welcome new people readily, are very willing to include them, and are ready to show a newbie a good time within 5 minutes of arrival!

Only in UO would we consider getting killed a good time!

E

Eslake

If you hit someone hard enough with a war mace, the impression is permenant.

:p I don't know if it was intended in a good way or a bad way.. or a take-it-whichever-way-you-like way.

Personally, I think it's great we have something going on every weeknight and anyone who wants to join in is welcome.
Most of the other shards treat anyone they don't know like lepers.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly took it to be a compliment. To me it says we welcome new people readily, are very willing to include them, and are ready to show a newbie a good time within 5 minutes of arrival!

Only in UO would we consider getting killed a good time!

It is a very, very nice change from when I started on LS, when the shard had a reputation as the home of the "help me find my stuff" PK lure.

Aside from my own infamous paranoia and suspicion, the reason I wasn't 100% certain at first was that it could be taken as "come to LS, they'll get you killed because they suck."

But in-context, I agree with you, was likely meant as a complement.

-Galen's player

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it can be a complement or a threat!:D
We just may be standing around dead instead of alive!

*goes to collect more death robes*

A

Angus MacGregor

I came back to UO after an extremely long absence. I returned to LS with a new account because it was the server I used to play on. Honestly, both times I have played, I have found a great community full of very friendly and helpful folks.

I'm working hard to get myself back to the point where I can "pay it forward".

I don't think I could ever play on a different shard. LS is the best. :)

L

Lunaticus

LS is the only shard I've ever played on. I can't imagine another shard more friendly, except for that Devil Woman character. I wouldn't trust her any farther than I can throw a snowball at her! :lick:

D

Devil_Woman

LS is the only shard I've ever played on. I can't imagine another shard more friendly, except for that Devil Woman character. I wouldn't trust her any farther than I can throw a snowball at her! :lick:
Having trouble reading your calendar? You do know that Christmas is coming up? Guess I need to go shopping for switches and coal.