• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Hedge Maze: I need your help

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

Hail~

I am trying to compile some comprehensive information on the spawn that currently exists in the Hedge Maze on each shard--specifically in Felucca.

On Sonoma Felucca, the Hedge Maze has been rendered unusable for us law-abiding players for a long time now, due to the constant stream of deamons that someone thoughtfully graced it with, in response to a few schmucks macroing provocation--basically rendering it an open-air dungeon. (ugh) As far as I know, macroing provokers are not a concern any longer, aye?

A group of us spent several hours the other night, searching Felucca for acceptable, alternative sites for a large, regular, shard-wide event that I hosted in the past. There are none. Only the Hedge Maze (Felucca) has the particular criteria that made it utterly perfect for our former events there...as well as the fact that it contains a significant portion of our shard's history. (which is now basically inaccessible)

Sooo...I am trying to find out what the universal spawn status is (and why), in an attempt to possibly get it altered, reduced, or removed, so that we may once more USE the Hedge Maze as originally intended.

If any of you know the status of the Hedge Maze on your shard, (frequency and type of spawn), would you please post it here, along with the shard and facet?

Thanks in advance...I appreciate it!

H

Huitzilopoctli

I own both houses in fel on GL in the hedge maze, 2 deamons spawn there and probably anywhere from 20-30 imps lol they are all over the place. I recall in and BAM I am dead.. Deamons drop crudy loot too so its not even the best place to get items =/ Actually i've been trying to find homes for both of those houses, I wanna close my account that has it and then the other account that has the second one is already closed but when phase three comes *if it comes* the house will fall and i'd rather it not go down the drain.. hehe.. I met my b/f of 4 years at those two houses! kinda sedimental about it but unfortunatly not 26 bucks a month sedimental *plus three other accounts and a daoc account = too much money* oh well, if anyone wants them send me a tell lol /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif tryin to sell for reasonable price..

D

Dor of Sonoma

It's a continuous spawn, aye?

In other words, if/when you kill the deamons they just respawn?

Is it the same on Trammel GL, do you know? Or just Fel?

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa Valley is the same, 2 Deamons and a ton of Imps. It was done for the same reason, to many people provoking the small farm animals that were there long ago.

G

On GL tram they just respawn if you kill them. I like to
hunt them /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Pesky imps respawn too.

S

sallie

on Baja Trammel side, it is 2 daemons and a bunch of imps up by the old wizards house. The don't instantly respawn, but the spawn is always the same and they respawn quite often after they are killed.. (i liked it better when the old wizzard lived there) /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Seraphima

same on LS Trammel....can't say I know the exact numbers, but yes, there a butt-load of imps and I was much surprised to find the deamons when I came out of a recall spot in the wizard tower a month or so ago... :p

G

If I remember correctly, this was indeed done across all shards and both facets of each. For some reason I want to say it came in last year with Pub 16 - I just remember that Pub being rather infamous *lol* and it seems like everything bad happened with it *chortles*. (I didn't remember the why, but I definitely remember the act - much as changes were made to the bone knight room because of problems with "the wall")

H

Hyper J

<blockquote><hr>

i liked it better when the old wizzard lived there

<hr></blockquote>

Can you tell me what he was there for? And is there a way inside that tower? The times I went there were: once when I was exploring the old lands (before Trammel) and I didnt get any farther than inside the door of that cool house (I thought it was cool back then) and then a few times since to tame imps, and to do the Zeep quest. I have tried to hunt daemons there, but those dang imps hurt worse than the daemons! I think the wizard was gone before I ever saw the place and I havent been able to find anything out about it. Any lore would be nice to know, thanks!

S

sallie

Hyper, there was a time when there were plenty of regular monsters in the hedge maze (ogres, ettins, etc). Once you killed all them (if you survived) you could go to the old wizzards house and just go in the only door there. Well the wizzard was indestructable and you would die there. But if you took the secret entrance (follow the black footsteps at the bottom of the path off to the right just a little) you would go into a tunnel. there used to be artifacts in there. Then you would come out on to some teleporters and end up at the tower where you could escape with your loot...
The hedge maze was the first place that done away with monsters. For the longest time it just sat there unused until they put some more monsters back in so ppl could raise provo or taming.. It's been a long while so my memory might not be totally accurate. But it was a real cool place at one time......

T

themagi

It is has been a while since I was at the tower. You can get to the roof of it. There was always a surprise waiting for me up there. Won't ruin it for you.

K

kettlewhistle78

Only been there a couple times but I am pretty sure that it is the same on Cats Tram. 2 Deamons, gaggle of imps, and pretty lively respawn rate. Really nice place though, once you get past the death and all....

B

barefistfighters

Europa both facets are 2x daemons and loads of imps

As for a good place to hold a large meeting
Open automapper in t2a theres a place called Tera Sanctum
Great for holding events and stuff
has red\blue team forges one each side of the isle (trammel not sure about fel)
And a couple of holding pens next to the forges
Also a musical ankh there on the trammel side aswell

I know on fel side europa it only gets used by miners

G

I hadnt been to the maze in a while, so I hopped on over to find 2 deamons and lots of imps. There were also 2 red mages inside the building. Everything seemed to respawn shortly after I killed them. Of course I lagged up and 2 imps and a deamon dropped me fast /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif Also, the outer buildings in the maze have a red mage in each of them. This is on Catskills, Fel side. On the Tram side there are 2 deamons and lots of imps, but no red mages anywhere that I could see. This is how it's been for a long time now. It was a way to end the macroers that camped the little animal pen working provocation and those who were camping the deamons in the tower to raise resist because the deamons could be summoned at will and you could hide behind the barrels on the bottom floor thus controlling your environment.

T

Travesty79

On AOL Legends in felucca there are 2 deamons, butt load of imps and evil mages abundant. When you kill them they respawn almost instantly.

J

jat

On Pacific it's the same as everywhere else I suppose. Two daemons and tons of imps that respawn after you kill them.

G

Dont forget the evil mages that also spawn there in fel dor =P

I saw, 2 mages 2 deamons and tons of imps =P

G

I use the hedgemaze as one of my 3 spots to regain lady whenever it decays. Hedgemaze is imps galore, and the 2 daemons. The one daemon seems to spawn a bit further away. When I kill the one daemon with my bow, its usually just split moments of time another one spawns, but sometimes it seems SLOW till they respawn after killin em off. When ye in a hurry to get lady back on ye the faster they come, the better ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Course I have to hit the lil imps with my bow too, god they are annoying. But I prefer fire dungeon since they spawn faster for me there ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Near as I recall they changed it cuz of bards upping provo. on the farm animals that WERE there so they got mad and changed it to daemons and imps there instead.

I cant think of anything that size for like big guild events cept the hedgemaze. The chess board in Nujel would be too small, if its a large group. Ditto for the portal temple(s) on temple isle where ya get both temples the ta2 one and the old world temple..but neither temple is that big either..for any large guild events.

If they dont change it back how bout some BIG roofs of buildings ..like all them atop serp hold, Lord Blackthorn's roof, gargoyle city ? hehe well those still all smaller than the hedgemaze is. sigh GOOD LUCK

S

Saharah

Lake Austin- Same as most are reporting. Usually 2 to 3 deamons and 10 to 20 imps at any given time. Trammel and Felucca

Atlantic was the same last time I was there, but thats been well over 6 months.

Someone posted that there are red mages that spawn there. Thats never been my experience. *shrugs*

What type of guild events are you wanting to hold? Events, meetings? Perhaps I can help you think of a good location. =]

D

Dor of Sonoma

Capture The Flag, with three teams and three bases...over 60 players directly involved, (including many reds) so Terra Sanctum is out, towns are out, Ocllo farms are out, anyplace with interfering spawn is out, and so forth.

The Maze has all of our bases. It was just perfect for our uses before (especially with the 'no teleport' rule, hehe)....not to mention all of the roleplaying quests and scenarios that we conducted there before they messed with it. This one, however, is for the PvPers on my shard, particularly the Feluccan ones. They are in desperate need of an infusion, and I want to provide it for them. When I used to host CTF, it was an incredible success (and an equally incredible amount of work, as we supply all equipment, but worth it) My shard is dying, my facet is dying, and I want to save it.

I honestly don't understand why it could not be returned to the players to use as originally intended, instead of rendering it into a specialized dungeon and burying all of the lore forever.

B

bug

lets all just face it....a lot has changed since then....OSI is more interested in $$$ than lore.

G

Deamons and imps on Atlantic, you kill them they respawn.. Imps are a pain.. imagine all we could do with the maze for RP if they were gone.. like the days of old.. I sold both my homes in that area.. ahh also solens ants spawn there..

D

DemanKnght

Ever thought of just luring everything away? Some one has to have a house nearby to work with. Hey its fel so luring isnt considered a sin. Just make sure you kure the deamons somewhere where no one can have easy acces to them. The Imps are easy to kill if they manage their way back. Wite robe for referre and imp control.

D

Dor of Sonoma

There are too many of the danged things.

I'd be running it with a skeleton crew, and I have no magery or resist...the Captains would be busy seeing to their teams, any healers kept hopping with all the resses, and all of the refs...well...refereeing. It's a fully-involved affair as it is, and the current attrition rate of players on Felucca is so steep and swift, that I'm not even sure if I can get a half-assed crew together in time--much less extras. Our matches generally ran around two to three hours...and that's a lot of time to have to keep clearing out spawn which only detracts from the event at hand (if you even can)

P.S. How would a house in the area work? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Thodin

Those forges and pens only exist on Trammel, Europa.
They were made by the great IGM Talos to help in the UO Survivor event.

G

If you stuck a player in the house and then lured monsters up to the house and hid, the monsters will attack (and keep targetting) the player and should stay there as long as the player dosn't log out.

T

Tronage

<blockquote><hr>

Can you tell me what he was there for? And is there a way inside that tower?

<hr></blockquote> I don't remember the "exact" reason he was there, but I do remember back in the day it was an old mages house. It was part of some event or something (so long ago). Then the daemons would spawn "inside" the tower. That was where they originally were created... and I guess maybe the "fiction" behind it is now the experiments are out of control and the entire area is infested with daemons... Spent a lot of time back in the day at the maze (my guild house was seconds from there, till we moved to the chaos shrine)

As to how you get into the tower... I'll give ya a little hint... if you look around the property of the house, you may notice somewhere some very faint "footprints" that may lead you through a secret entrance... pretty self-explanitory once you find them.

B

barefistfighters

Well he made a great job of it in my opinion:D
I`ve never really looked on fel side tbh
Trammel side i mainly mine cos of the forges close by
Altho the damn silver serps can be a pain in the behind at times

C

cherub

on the aol shard, both tram and fel is infested with these beasts. a min of 3 deamons and as high as 6 ,, for the imps, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or more. if that helps any. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif still have my runes marked for inside the hedge maze if you would like to go in there your self . just let me know.

S

Saharah

Well, when I posted that I could possibly help find a location, I had several places in mind. A few were in towns, so those are out. Another that I thought would be perfect, now has a Champ Spawn [that I wasn't even aware of, til I went out there]. =/ I do, however, have one last suggestion and it's certainly not as nice as the Hedge Maze, but it may suit your needs just as well. It's just an open field, in Delucia, Northwest of the Bulls. It's wide open, nothing to get hung up on and NO traffic with the exception of a stray Bull or Hart on occasion. Possibly an Orc Camp, but if ya timed it right that could be avoided maybe. *shrugs* I looked high and low for ya Dor, I just couldn't find anything else that came close to fitting the criteria. There could be ways to fancy it up a bit, with benches or granite rocks possibly, if you need boundaries. Of course people often have a difficult time leaving things alone. Especially when they aren't nailed down. There are a few areas like this in Delucia that could be more suitable, but I think thats about the largest area without tons of birds and other stuffs that Delucia has.

Take a ride out there and see what ya think! It might be doable I think. =]

M

mrwarpig

I visit the Hedge Maze often, to kill daemons. If you walk to the maze there are signs that warn you to go back. Ones say Maze north, you should go south, or something like that.

S

sallie

Dor, if you're just looking for a large place to do "capture the flag", then in Malas, way past the pyramid there is a rope bridge you can cross to a very wide open area. The only problem is you must be in a guild and be at war with another guild/s. There are some undead creatures that spawn there but a "expert" swordsman can take them out easily..

G

I'm thinking the lost lands will have the biggest areas without monsters in felucca. Possibly even a champ spawn location or something that's rarely used (as long as you can trust everyone to not activate it).

D

Dor of Sonoma

Can't recall or gate there...and all participants arrive nekkid, until they are equipped (minimally) at their respective bases.

I think I may have found some NPC houses outside of guard protection west of Britain. I'm going to have to check into it further though.

S

Saharah

Those area's would be pretty nice, but its for PVP and red players can't get there. =/

A

Ahriman_

You are most funny.
Ask people not to activate it... BWWAAAHHHAAAHHAAAA
For every 100 people who want to play nice there only needs to be one person being an ass to make things difficult. That one person would inevitably show up and activate the spawn, then lure stuff around. You can kill them but it is a quick run to del for rez.

With the Hedgemaze there are no internal healers, there are 'bases' already in place, there are pathways that can be used for ambush and strategy. Hedgemaze is certainly the ideal for what Dor would like to do. Maybe the new SEER can turn off the spawn for an event and then turn it back on after. or Tp all the monsters to a boat with their move function.