• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Guild Wars 2 Buy to Play Model

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you’re not familiar with the current Guild Wars buy to play model and the soon to be released Guild Wars 2 buy to play model then this topic is for you.

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 both have the buy to play model. This means you buy the game once and play it forever for free. You do not have to buy items to compete in the game. A player does not have to pay a monthly subscription to play. So any player can play on their own time and not feel like they are forced to play to compete. You can play from the beginning to the end and still not spend a penny for end game content. This model compared to “pay to play” and “free to play” in today’s world is economical the best way to fill your gaming time without a lot of unexpected out of pocket expenses.

ArenaNet does have an item store for the current Guild Wars that caters to more the look of your character with cool costumes that was worn over your armor as one example. The item shop contains largely cosmetic changes like costumes, makeovers, name changes, extra character slots, ect and ect. ArenaNet has already stated they will follow the same philosophy with the Guild Wars 2 store.

In truth the only time you would need to spend any money for Guild Wars 2 would be for any expansions they would produce after the first initial release. ArenaNet did this for the original Guild Wars. Most games online always have an expansion and it’s expected. As a player you are not forced to buy these expansions unless you want to move on to newer content.

If you’re looking for a new MMO to play and basically worth your money then this is the game for you. Buy it once and play forever for free. No monthly subscription, no hidden fees, no item shop items to just compete in the game.

[youtube]Y7oop_Z0MKM&feature=related[/youtube]

© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

*I would like to give credit to R1SK4LIFE for putting this video up on youtube*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm really considering purchasing this when it is released. It's going to be a big deal.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Syrus :) I will be buying 3 Guild Wars 2 accounts.

The beauty of this model also it gives the players like UO, Warhammer, WoW, DaoC, SW:TOR, ect ect that are subscription based games a chance to buy Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 and play when they are bored of their games they do play. Just the initail cost of the game is all it costs players.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, I see. So only one account per purchase of the software?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Each account is tied into a key. So for me buying 3 accounts I will have to buy 3 disks.