• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Grateful Rune opens in Luna

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would like to announce the official opening of The Grateful Rune, a rune library dedicated to hosting the runes of Baja. Every set of runebooks, isn't separated by facet, but set up per location, all facets included. If you are looking for banks, you won't find a book of Trammel banks, a book of Felucca banks, a book of Malas, Tokuno, and Ter Mur banks, just books of banks. All alphabetized and sorted to the best of my abilities, we try to cover every accessible location per category. Though a perpetual work in progress, The Grateful Rune carries many of the runes needed to get around to almost anywhere. We are constantly adding new books, whether they're more landmark locations, or more specialty books, the shelves fill a little more by the day.

The Grateful Rune has been a library in the works since 2001. After many, many houses, the rune library has finally found a home in Luna. Originally a humble sandstone house in the center of Avalon, the Rune has come a long way, from a personal collection of runebooks, tucked away in the home of a disorganized young scribe, to a library full of locations from across lands. In it's present location, the library can grow into what it was always intended to become, a reliable location to find runes, to wherever it is you want to go. The Grateful Rune is an all access, four story building dedicated to the housing of runes and runebooks. Each floor is designated to a particular style of rune, or location.

On the 1st floor, are the Specialty Runes.​

Though sparse at the moment, many books are in the works, be sure to check back for new books soon, as we are always updating.​

On the 2nd floor, are the Town Runes.

Including NPC shops, Moongates, Shrines and more.

On the Third floor, are the Dungeon Runes.​

Dungeons and monster locations throughout Baja. Also currently in the process of updating many books.​

On the top floor we have the Rooftop Garden.​

A complete set of Veteran Reward Dye Tubs, is available to all, not to mention a place to rest with a nice view over the walls of Luna.​

The Grateful Rune is always open, and always open to suggestions. I want this rune library to be useful to as many of the citizens of Sosaria as I can, not just myself, so if there is something you would like to see, just let me know, and I will do everything in my power to make that happen. Within reason that is ... I mean .. I would love to reactive my runes to the Star Room for all to use, but that is simply out of my control ...​

Safe Travels!

-Xanth de Orlig
Historian, Citizens of Avalon

-Xax Tsaroth
Keeper of the Rune, Purple Llama Society

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're grateful for the hard work and the runes. Being a self-actualized griefer (which is one of the highest compliments I have ever received from someone who obviously doesn't understand what self-actualization is) I had to ask: Does this rune library also include runes to Fel?

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Library was originally in Felucca for years ... the only runes I had early on were Fel runes, and that has been my biggest thing about expanding the library, to include every facet.

For every available location that is in Tram, there is a Fel rune just below it in the book.

In fact many of the Blessed areas runes, and the upcoming sets of community towns/locations are very Felucca intensive.

Being a native of Avalon, twas a very, very hard choice to move the library to Luna ... but finally had to make the call of where it would overall get more use ...

So long of the short is ... an emphatic yes :) many many Fel runes.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Hums to himself*

...Walk all night by lantern light
Our former lives foregone....
We'll find hope aga-ain on the shores of Avalon....

Once again, I'm very impressed! We'll be "borrowing" some of those runes for an upcoming All Shard Tavern Night.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice! I know that at times we have newer guys who lack the proper Fel runes and oftentimes they end up waiting for someone to pick them up since we don't know of a good Fel rune library.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice! I know that at times we have newer guys who lack the proper Fel runes and oftentimes they end up waiting for someone to pick them up since we don't know of a good Fel rune library.

This jogged my memory on another thought I had recently ...

If any guilds would like to put together a 'Guild Book' for their guild specific locations, I would be more than happy to lockdown the book here for use, or even friend a guild leader to place the book, and set access to guild only if they wanted security on only their members using the books.

If anyone is interested let me know, I have been thinking of setting up a Guilds shelf for this purpose on the ground floor. I figure that Luna is an easy to get to location, for new or returning players of guilds to get to.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'll get you a copy of WarderDragon's RP communities runebook, but this would be a great idea for all guilds, not just the RP ones.

If you want to, we could help advertise for a guild rune collection drive (not vendor malls, unless you want those separately) but true non-vendor Guild HQs. Rune drive where the library puts out a mailbox and we advertise for guild leaders (of all playstyles) to donate a rune to their HQs in the mailbox.

Maybe an alphabetic listing, only by guild abbreviation, and only one rune per guild. Something like that?

Then you can sort out the true guild runes from the vendor mall runes I'm sure you'll get anyway. :p

Any interest, let your local reporters know and we'll put out the news. :thumbup1:

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WarderDragon was kind enough to donate a copy of the Travelogues, it is opposite the current event book on the front steps.

I do like the idea of a Guild HQ book as well ... if there are interested parties ... the more runes the better I say, and if they are useful to folks, than thats an added bonus! heh

also would love to fill out my Vendors of Baja book ... I am refraining from adding Luna houses for the most part ... as they are all a quick run from the Library, but would love to get more out of town player run vendor shops.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have a mailbox? If not, I'm sure we can find someone with one to donate. Put it out and don't forget to keep it secure to Owner or Guild only so nobody swipes the donations after deposit.

As soon as you have one, we can start a rune advertising campaign for ya.

If you want both Guild and Vendor runes, we can post that you're accepting both, but to clearly label Guild HQ runes with only the guild abbreviation (and nothing else) so you can easily distinguish the two.

Something like that?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can donate a mailbox.

I would need some time to organize some runes together but I'm also wary of doing that: traditionally, entry onto the Cartel Island is not safe for other folks as most of the shard is well aware, bar a few exceptions. It's also common sense to not hang out at the guildhouse of a well-known PK guild.

But it is those same few exceptions that make the most public noise about not knowing that afterwards.

I think it's a great idea though and would help so much when returning and new members come back and we're in the middle of a fight, leaving the returnee feeling neglected because they can't even get to the GuildHouse.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have a mailbox? If not, I'm sure we can find someone with one to donate. Put it out and don't forget to keep it secure to Owner or Guild only so nobody swipes the donations after deposit.

As soon as you have one, we can start a rune advertising campaign for ya.

If you want both Guild and Vendor runes, we can post that you're accepting both, but to clearly label Guild HQ runes with only the guild abbreviation (and nothing else) so you can easily distinguish the two.

Something like that?
This sounds like a good idea, I have a mailbox I can set up outside, I will try to get that up tonight. I will post when I have it set up.

SuperKen said:
traditionally, entry onto the Cartel Island is not safe for other folks as most of the shard is well aware
Those not aware would be soon after recalling ;-)

Either way, I think it should be fairly common knowledge that if you hit a 'turquoise' rune ... you may be killed ... I try getting disclaimers up where i can to reiterate this fact ...

But that's also half the fun of having Fel runes set up in a Tram ruleset facet ... gives folks a chance at adventure ;-) ... either intentionally or haphazardly ;-)

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a start, there is now a mailbox up for anyone who would like to include their Guildhall in the Guilds of Baja runebooks, or their Vendor house in the Vendors of Baja runebooks.

Just label your runes either with you guild's abbreviation, for Guildhall/HQ, or With the name of the vendor shop, I will get it into the appropriate set.

Please, one rune per guild for your guild's main building. Multiple vendor runes that all end up at the same house, will be consolidated to one rune for the actual building. Talk to your guild leader(s), or guild leaders you know ... talk to your favorite shopkeepers ...pass the word ... any and all are welcome to be included.

(ps. can you dye mailboxes?)

L

LadyLucia

WOW what an amazing Project! I am very happy that you have completed, what a goal achieved. In addition I can't wait to use it.