• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Governors Council of Chesapeake Bids You Welcome to the Shimmering Effusion

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Hello. We are wrapping up our 8 Days of Peerless Celebration. You can see the full schedule on the shard forum.

On July 2 at 8p EDT, we will be doing multiple runs of the Shimmering Effusion. I'm sure you all know what a huge pain that is to key so we want to give everyone an opportunity to come and do the fun part ... dispensing of the Shimmering Effusion!

I don't think there are any quests to get in other than bringing 10k gold to the ticket seller. No worries if you've never done the Peerless boss ... some of us haven't either! Even if you aren't the best fighter, we can always use healers and enthusiasm is a plus :)

If you are interested in joining us for the rest of the celebration schedule, please come on over to Chesapeake and just shout out in chat. All the events start at 8p EDT.

GCC events are open to everyone regardless of guild affiliation, wing size, shape of ears or presence of knees. All that is required is a willingness to fight, heal and have fun!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello.

On July 2 at 8p EDT, we will be doing multiple runs of the Shimmering Effusion. I'm sure you all know what a huge pain that is to key so we want to give everyone an opportunity to come and do the fun part ... dispensing of the Shimmering Effusion!
Don't you use the crystals for keys that you can loot off one of the fey mobs in destard right now?

I used them to make gorgon lens.

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I think the lattices might carry some (not sure) But there are I believe 6 different types and all the others are through prism only. As someone who helped acquire some of these keys I can attest to it being the pain and hope we have an awesome turnout!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the lattices might carry some (not sure) But there are I believe 6 different types and all the others are through prism only. As someone who helped acquire some of these keys I can attest to it being the pain and hope we have an awesome turnout!
Ah I have only watched others get keys. lol I did not know there were more than one type.

Have fun!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been playing mainly on Atlantic lately. Where do people on Chessy hang out?

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Don't you use the crystals for keys that you can loot off one of the fey mobs in destard right now?

I used them to make gorgon lens.
There are ... You'd think I'd remember the name after collecting a gazillion of them ... The crystal things you're talking about are not used as keys, but yes they are used for Gorgon Lenses.

There are six keys needed for each run, available on different monsters. Daemons, hydras, sea serpents, vortexes, lattice seeker's, and a mummy (all crystal or cold based of some kind). You need: shattered, scattered crushed, jagged, pieces and broken crystals for each run. They have a six-day timer, thank goodness.

It took us about three days to get enough for five runs, which is how many we've been trying to do for each. Last night, we lacked two of the keys off sea serpents but hopefully by tomorrow, they will have been found.

The dungeon is challenging because the rooms and the monsters give cold damage that is a constant life sap. Also, the rooms are small, especially the hydra/sea serpent room because it has a cold damage river running through it. There were significant amounts of deaths LOL! There is just no where to get a second to heal ... It's a constant barrage of damage, ranging from a slow sap to oh I'm dead hit from the hydras just when you had a FRACTION of hope that you'll live to fight another minute. Another fun feature ... The monsters from the first room can cast at you while you're in the second room but you can't target them. I think they can do it from the third room too but honestly, by the time I got to that side, I was usually dead anyhow LOL!

Three of the keys look like the crystalline pieces and three look kind of blue or grey.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Been playing mainly on Atlantic lately. Where do people on Chessy hang out?
I think most people on Chessy hang out in groups at places rather than like the bank or whatever. Usually, people are doing spawns, the roof, pirating, dungeons etc. There is a good amount of chatter on General but it doesn't really have the population where people just bank sit :)

The alliance I'm in do the roof every Monday. Usually we have events the rest of the week, which are open to everyone. They are listed in the shard forum every month. Come over and join us for some!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk