• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Governor of Jhelom

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The City of Jhelom has long been known for its mercenaries - skilled fighters willing to hire out to the forces of virtue and vice alike. Some fight for coin, others fight for a cause. And then there are those who simply enjoy a fight for its own sake. Whatever their reasons, they all fight with courage. For this, Jhelom has come to stand for the virtue of valor.

Valor can be defined as having great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle. Valor, though, is more than just war. One does not need to be a skilled warrior to be a brave one - nor does one need to wield a weapon to be courageous in the face of danger. Valor can be found in many ways. It can be a warrior's sword arm, a tamer's skilled companion, a bard's bold songs, a mage's clever spells. Valor can even be found in the vices of Sosaria, for thieves and murderers have their own tales of daring adventures in the face of impossible odds. There is courage to be found in the skilled crafters of the land, who brave the treacherous forests, caves, oceans, and monster lairs in search of fine materials with which to ply their trade.

I will be asking King Blackthorn for the vacant seat of Governor of Jhelom this coming weekend for what remains of the term.

As Governor of Jhelom, I would invite any and all brave souls to join me in making the city shine with valor in all its many forms! We would seek a Trade Deal with The Merchant's Association, to benefit from greater regeneration of mana. The citizens have a voice, however, and this can be changed. There will be celebrations and contests. I plan to make Jhelom known for more than its fine weapons!

This month, I have been passing out my trademark ''buttons'' :p For the remainder of the week, expect to find more of these all across the lands!

vote for tanager.jpg

Any others who wish to run for the office are free to do so! How you would benefit Jhelom?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
One of my first duties was to arrange a trade deal with the Merchant's Guild. Everyone can use an extra MR2, right? However, there is a ballot box atop the city stone with a poll. Citizens of Jhelom, please vote to keep the trade the same, or if you want it changed. If you want something different, please vote and then write your preferred choice in a book and give it to the City Cryer, standing beside the City Stone. (Please note, this is NOT a Town Cryer, but the City Cryer specific to Jhelom.) I will tally these books when the poll is ended (in a little over 6 days).

poll2.jpg

If any citizen would like a title granted to them (this is a subtitle directly below your name, above and in addition to any other displayed subtitles, and will say Of Jhelom after it), just let me know in GC or give a note to the City Cryer with a time that is good for you and most likely I can be available.

Other shards of the Gem have implemented a new bulletin board system. This has not yet arrived for Siege, but be assured that the oversight has been mentioned to the powers that be.

In May, there should be at least one player event taking place in the City of Jhelom! If you have any suggestions or requests, please give a book to the City Cryer.

That is all for now - carry on, citizens of Jhelom! (And anyone interested in becoming a citizen or just enjoying the fun :p )