• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Game of Intrigue: Banners and Sigils

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Game of Intrigue: Banners and Sigils

Below I wish to compile a list of banners and heraldric colors - based on Ultima Lore and Baja Fiction - as a RP Merchant and Smugglers Guide to Interaction.

Each group is encouraged to contribute. (i.e. The Britannian heraldric image is an Ankh and their colors are Purple and Gold. The Legions of Minax - on the other hand - use a Raven as their Coat of Arms and Red and Black as their Prime Colors.)

Groups of Interest: Magincia. Dawn. Fernwood. Berg. Umbra. Luna. House Tarrant. House Canzione. House Lagudae. The Protectorate of Yew.

Items of Interest: Prime Colors. Uniforms. Sigils. Coat of Arms. Heraldric Badges.

L

Lindae

In Umbra, the sigil of the current ruling house is a snake and the heraldric colours are red and grey.

The sigil of my own house is a ki-rin, and our colours are blue and maroon. Each noble family in Umbra has their own banner, although there have been efforts to get us to surrender what is seen as an unnecessary symbol of division.

L

Lindae

Umbra claims to be a meritocracy (hah!) but even the fairest and most egalitarian group, and groups therein, needs a leader. It just so happens that a single family has held the prime ministership; several positions amidst the High Necromancers; the head of Finance; the Commander of the Guard; and the Arch-Dean of Umbra University - which regulates all schooling within the city-state - for many years. (Obviously these positions are not held by the same person. They are a large family, presumably for this purpose.)

So they rule by default. Luckily, they are not into inbreeding and blood purity, so there are plenty of marriageable offspring to go around; all of the noble houses are inextricably linked to them through blood, which was also deliberate on their part, as they are assured of allies in the event of an uprising.

This is not an official organisation, and things would simply go back to the way they were if the entire family were to come to a sticky end. They are unlikely to, however.

L

Lindae

Their name?
Shafiri.

... I could make you a list of all the Umbrian houses if you absolutely craved it. *looks tired* But I don't see why I ought to do you a favour at this point, all things considered.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies if I'm intruding, but do you mean something like this, Lindae:

I thought I'd have a quick attempt interpreting it!

I have a great love of heraldry (so this thread really interests me!) and it's actually pretty simple and easy to make too. I have lots of brushes, shapes, fonts (the graphical/dingbat kind and all compatible with GIMP I believe) and references for anyone who wants to give it a go. I'm happy to share.

L

Lindae

Apologies if I'm intruding, but do you mean something like this, Lindae:

I thought I'd have a quick attempt interpreting it!
I have a great love of heraldry (so this thread really interests me!) and it's actually pretty simple and easy to make too. I have lots of brushes, shapes, fonts (the graphical/dingbat kind and all compatible with GIMP I believe) and references for anyone who wants to give it a go. I'm happy to share.
(Thank you! That looks fantastic!

...forgive me, but that is possibly the cutest snake I've ever seen.)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashlynn said:
Mmm.

I might have to take you up on that offer.