• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] The Fish That Ate The Remains Of Gareth

X

Xenome

One of these just sold for 80M!

Here's your second chance to own a rare EM event item goof from Chesapeake history!

Item: The Fish That Ate The Remains Of Gareth.

Asking price: 75M Gold - Chessy Only.

Source: Acquired first hand from the first EM placed prize totem during the Mesanna vs Gareth event on Monday, 6/27/11 at about 8:30P EST. The first totem was placed for only a few seconds and produced the above big fish trophy that was not movable in avatar's backpacks. One of the EM's had to manually fix the items for players that had the item stuck. There was roughly 15-20 players who may have been affected. Shortly after a 2nd prize totem was generated and removed (it did not work if I recall). Then the same 2nd prize totem returned and generated the identical item but with the name Stuffed Fish With Gareth's Remains. The 2nd totem may have only been active for about a minute, since several players were gating others to claim the prize. :cursing:

If you are interested, I was also able to claim the common Stuffed Fish With Gareth's Remains also. I may package them both together if the price is right!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill do that for 75m on Chessy, 459-176-283

X

Xenome

Sold to Lineman at 75M. Hopefully this helps others trying to sell the same item. Thanks for a smooth transaction.

X

Xenome

I just acquired another one of these unique big fish statues if anyone else is interested!

:D :D :D Please post or ICQ me!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure these were vending style machine trinkets so anyone attending maybe got 2-3-4 if they we quick to recall others toons/chars in??? correct me if iam wrong here.

X

Xenome

pretty sure these were vending style machine trinkets so anyone attending maybe got 2-3-4 if they we quick to recall others toons/chars in??? correct me if iam wrong here.
Yes, but if you read my source... there were multiple "vending machines". My original item was acquired from the very first totem that was glitched and it was removed quickly. The Stuffed Fish With Gareth's Remains is the common one, I wouldn't doubt if there at least 50 to 75 of the common one in circulation. Mine is the The Fish That Ate The Remains Of Gareth., which I estimate to be around 20.

The only way I've estimated these counts is because the EM told people with the stuck fish to move over to a separate area. Maybe others acquired their item on their mules or alternate accounts and didn't walk over to get them unstuck... your guess would be as good as mine! As much as I'd like to provide you with more accurate information, I've done my best based on my own observance, speculation, and research. Take it with a grain of salt because I don't have any proof otherwise. :fight:

Regardless, I am just looking to sell this item. I've read about one sell for 80m at auction, Europa Trader offered 75m for one previously, I just sold one at 75m, and now...
I'm trying to sell this one for 75m also!

PS - If you don't think it's worth 75m because you feel they're uncommon, then don't buy it! I clearly didn't have a problem selling my first one!

X

Xenome

I will be out of the area this weekend due to family reasons, so I will not immediately respond.

I am still entertaining offers for this item! Please ICQ me or reply here.

Thank you.

X

Xenome

*bump* Back in town and will be online for the next 2-3 hours for immediate trade.

X

Xenome

*bump* Any offers? On ICQ now!

X

Xenome

I'm starting to think I will hold on to this.

I have no offers and I've seen 2 of the common ones either sell or have been taken off vendors on SearchUO on other shards since this weekend...

This is my last call before I bank it and let this post get buried!

D

danmar83

i'm considering buying this, are you open to negotiations or are you pretty firm at 75