• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Festival of the Way: Event Date Changed to the 20th.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Festival of the Way: Event Date Changed to the 20th

It is time I made a judgment call.

The Procession is being moved one week - to the 20th - that we might announce the event and see to its success.

The IC reason for the move is simple. The Britannians - and their fictional neighbors - are a superstitious and xenophobic lot inhabiting a hostile medieval world. Their struggle is ongoing. Several believe that Friday the 13th - and the Number 13 - is an auspicious omen and wish to avoid it at all costs.

That said. I wish to meet with all participating actors this weekend. The formal announcement will be posted the evening of the 15th.

I have been in communication with the Magincians regarding this matter. Due to the change in our event theirs will be moved forward to tomorrow pending a formal announcement. Their cooperation is a help to us and I plan to return the favor.

The Magincians require fishing nets and human bodies. We would do well to help provide both.

Brackus and I will also be meeting to discuss the Hunt for Winchester. We will have that event planned and in place this coming week.

I would remind those who have participated in the Procession - and those who will - that the Festival is not a one evening event. It is for our characters a commemoration of the struggles faced in the weeks and months following the death of Mondain. For us it commemorates 30 Years of Ultima. So I would suggest that this coming week we create a new tradition that is performed in the week leading up to the Festival.

Suggestions for said tradition are welcome.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I require a meeting with the persons highlighted below.

The Lord of the Way - To Be Announced
The Keeper of the Tale - Nicholas Tarrant
The Warrior - James the Animal Tamer
The Bard - Aesop
The Shepherdess - Silverbrook the Magincian
The Necromancer / The Traitor - Sluggy Freelance
The Ghost -
The Clothier - Lynne the Magincian
The Cupbearer - Magdalena Canzione
The Gulgeth -
The Shades of Dawn - The Kingdom of Dawn
The Lord Marshal - Elladan Faeryn
The Master of Ceremonies -​

An informal gathering will be announced before the Festival to ensure that all goes as planned.

We need to decide on a time.

I am told Mr. Freelance will be participating in the role of Necromancer.

I nominate Lindae the Necromancer as Ghost. Something about him running around harassing the Four - warning them to turn back before its too late - seems ...appropriate.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will gather on Thursday, May the 19th at 6:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM EST to discuss the Festival and ensure each actor knows their part.

The gathering will occur in the High Council Chamber of Castle Britannia. It will be Out of Character.