• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] The Fabled Luckblade...

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I am simply wondering if I am chasing a ghost on this one.

As long as my math is serving me correctly (which I certainly hope is the case or I should get out of the finance world in a serious hurry) It "should" be possible to make a luckblade or adventurer's machete with a 160 luck bonus.

I have spoken to a few fellow crafters about this elusive little critter and I seem to be getting the same response from each and every one of them. No matter what hammer is used, the luck property doesn't go over 140. Is it a coincidence that everyone I know seems to be seeing this pattern or has someone out there crafted one with a larger bonus? A die hard tamer and crafter friend of mine even went so far as to use Valorite hammers attempting to make his. 40 luck from the gold ingots, 20 from the recipe, and at a 85% minimum property intensity from his hammer (85 luck), if you get a luck roll from a val hammer the MINIMUM luck you should see is 145?!

I figure that with the number of runic hammers that have been burnt in this forum, someone has to have the answer!

Did I miss something in my understanding of this monster??

Thanks...Ax

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always try it on the test shard. You get all the runics with I forget how many thousands (it could be hundreds) of charges plus ingots, gems, and other ML ingredents.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This morning I went and used up 500 charges off a val hammer on TC.

Struck a fair share of 140's, but absolutely nothing above it. I guess this one is a certified myth as far as I am concerned. Oh well.