• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The extra dollar messed things up

G

I'll be SO glad when this is all settled

Now my main account is back to Visitor status, after I was able to play just this morning. When I looked at my paypal, EA had only taken out one $9.99 payment, not both of them, and the money was still in my account. On further review I noticed that on the day I paid for both of the accounts with my paypal debit card, EA placed an extra $1.00 USD hold per account. I'd only put enough in the account to cover the $9.99 fees, so of course, the 2nd payment was ultimately denied, even though NOW I've received money I had been waiting for, so of course the extra $1 would have been covered if they'd waited one more day. I don't think it's gonna make a difference with the lava games as long as I redo it today, but I just wonder why EA takes puts a hold on this extra dollar even though they don't actually take it, and why just that would have caused my payment to bounce when the $9.99 amount was in there had THEY not put a hold on that extra dollar?

G

It is a credit hold that many places do to verify the card/bank information.

<blockquote><hr>

I'll be SO glad when this is all settled

Now my main account is back to Visitor status, after I was able to play just this morning. When I looked at my paypal, EA had only taken out one $9.99 payment, not both of them, and the money was still in my account. On further review I noticed that on the day I paid for both of the accounts with my paypal debit card, EA placed an extra $1.00 USD hold per account. I'd only put enough in the account to cover the $9.99 fees, so of course, the 2nd payment was ultimately denied, even though NOW I've received money I had been waiting for, so of course the extra $1 would have been covered if they'd waited one more day. I don't think it's gonna make a difference with the lava games as long as I redo it today, but I just wonder why EA takes puts a hold on this extra dollar even though they don't actually take it, and why just that would have caused my payment to bounce when the $9.99 amount was in there had THEY not put a hold on that extra dollar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paypal debit card always holds out more , When i use it at wally world / gas station anywhere they always do it . check out your paypal acct after u purchase something and it shows (paypal) is adding that extra not EA . After the debit clears then your acct goes back to normal but until then it will show that its - (minus) more then what it should be .

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is a credit hold that many places do to verify the card/bank information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand that part.....but what I don't understand is why that amount would cause the whole payment to bounce since they shouldnt' actually be subtracting that amount from the available balance since it's just a hold. If not for subtracting that dollar, there would have been $9.99 in the account for that payment to clear, so I guess I just don't understand why they would subtract that from the available balance if it's nothing more than a check to verify bank information. The $1 got put back both times, but yet the $9.99 got rejected even though it's in the account.

Anyway from now on I guess I know to keep $2 extra in the account, but it's just kinda a bummer to cut it this close to the next lava game....if it had happened at a different time, it might have caused me to miss out on the yellow game, which would truly suck......so, warning to everybody else paying with paypal debit card, make sure there's an extra dollar in your paypal balance for every account you're paying for. LOL

G

It subtracts because it is holding that $1 until the full charge goes thru. If you have recurring payments they should only do it the first time you add card/bank information.

I know it can be confusing, when I put gas in my car the same thing happens. It shows -$1 and that reflects in the balance and then a few days later the $1 charge is gone and the full amount will reflect.