• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the end of uo

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chm

Well between the log in problems, lag, and puzzle room screw up(which somebodys head better roll over) I am done with UO. I think all will find this is going to happen across the board to such a degree that UO will be no more!

W

wee papa smurf

Lags always been a problem, but iv never quit because of it! I dont understand why anyone would want to quit just because of the screw up with the puzzles? Just take a chill pill, anyway if you quit i want your stuff! :lol:

C

chm

well when i quit my stuff goes in the perma delete bin at bank and believe me lots of high value items, its not just the lag which is a lot worse now but the log in issues and yes finally puzzle room, i guess what bothers me most is i get carp tunnel building imbuing while a lot of others(LOTS) get to just eat scrools and they are lengenary.

S

Salya Sin

I agree.. Lag has always been an issue and I don't know anyone who plays that has not had log in issues at some point... don't be ridiculous.

The puzzle room is NEW! Hello? They released new content which everyone in UO likes to have and that inevitably means they will have unforeseen issues to deal with. And everyone I know who is doing imbuing spent all their time hammering at it... none of them ate scrolls.

Don't you think you are overreacting just a tad bit? AND instead of deleting all those items... Haven drop them... new players get a break and should you have items that are no longer spawning (server birth rares, etc)... it would be just spiteful to delete them.

J

JPDefault

I never had serious login issues in UO. Okay, I'm a newcomer, but I can live with login problems, I'm a network and system admin and I know they happen.
About the lag... my lag on UO is not worse nor better than the lag I have in any other online game. Just normal lag I'm used.
And the puzzle room, come on... this is not Puzzle Room Online, it's Ultima Online, an entire world, I can easily find something else to do until they fix that single, okay new and okay exciting, but still relatively small part of the game.
Now, about imbuing, nobody forces anyone to get to 120 skill points in a week. I train my crafters every now and then, no macroes, no UOA, I just stop training when I get bored, even if I only had a 0.1 gain. It's a game, not my second job.
If you quit, anyway, I applaud your proposition to trash all your stuff, expecially the gold. That will help stopping the inflation.

W

wee papa smurf

well when i quit my stuff goes in the perma delete bin at bank and believe me lots of high value items, its not just the lag which is a lot worse now but the log in issues and yes finally puzzle room, i guess what bothers me most is i get carp tunnel building imbuing while a lot of others(LOTS) get to just eat scrools and they are lengenary.
lol, well when you put them in the bin i'll need to scour the cavern of the disgarded to find them :lol:

C

chm

Hello? are you serious is it 10 year old ppl running this show the frikin problem that was the cheat should have been seen a mile away! then everbody posting problem for weeks and no action. so yes ill be spiteful and thanks for the tip on cavern so now it will be a timed out delte from ground.

T

Tay M'real

Well between the log in problems, lag, and puzzle room screw up(which somebodys head better roll over) I am done with UO. I think all will find this is going to happen across the board to such a degree that UO will be no more!
LOL - sure buddy

C

Chadlo

Well let's call the WAAAAAHMublance. Dude with your 5 post count who gives a **** honestly?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quitting over lag, which EVERY online game has? And quitting over buggy NEW puzzles and areas?

Maybe online games aren't for you.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
so yes ill be spiteful and thanks for the tip on cavern so now it will be a timed out delte from ground.
I never thought I'd say this to anyone, and forgive my abruptness, but I think that the UO Community would be better off without you. This attitude is hateful and childish.

Lag is common to any MMO. You can watch WOW videos on YouTube demonstrating 15+ second delays for insta-cast spells. Moreover, the puzzle room closed temporarily in order to fix an exploit that was ruining the SOT market. If you are not able to handle these MMO-related issues, you might consider returning to console-based games.

You were unknown on Stratics prior to this post. Now, you'll forever be known for your selfishness and pettiness. If such small items mean so much to you...I feel genuine sympathy toward you.

M

maroite

QQ

lol

It will take more than lag, log in troubles, and a few overpriced pinks that wouldn't even GM one skill for one person to get me to quit.

If you don't like the pinks, don't pay the rediculous prices for them. As for other people buying them, how does this directly affect you? Other than people being able to finalize builds and be able to group with you.

If you're really quitting over lag or other such problems like log in problems, then you probably should just give up on online gaming as a hole, because every massive multiplayer game has it problems. In fact, WoW comes down for 8 hours for "maintenance" nearly EVERY week like clock work.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all will find this is going to happen across the board to such a degree that UO will be no more!
I think you're over stating things just a bit. But have fun playing WoW or where ever you end up.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're over stating things just a bit. But have fun playing WoW or where ever you end up.
Then we can hop over the to WoW boards and see him whining about the lag and quitting over it :D

S

StifledArgument

Would we be able to tell him apart from all the whiny, childish people over there? Probably not...

M

maroite

Then we can hop over the to WoW boards and see him whining about the lag and quitting over it :D
Well... to be honest... I don't lag in WoW, and I lag big time in UO. :x

lol But I'm not quitting UO because of it, I just work around it. It is kinda sad when you think about it though... lagging less in a more graphic intensive game...

F

Fingers of Cats

HAHAHAHAHHAHA... you know how many of these posts are created EVERY TIME new content comes out?!

When AoS, I was mad because my PvP Thief got put on the shelf for awhile but did I cry and threaten to close my account, no... just adapt or go play WoW :p

How many years have you been playing?

Did you remember the rants when they created Tram?

When they created bonding of animals?

When they released Ilsh?

When Insurance was available?

When Sami Archers pwned everyone?!

The tide is highest when the sun and moon pull together my friend...

K

killer instinct

ok ppl. I feel bad for the way you treated the poster. There were a few productive comments tho(Drop stuff in New Haven,Give to the needy)But omg are you guys a bunch of slappies eating the ea cornbread. You must get real.EA goes with lowest bidder for a server and we reep the benefits...

EA cares not about you, but your money. If your cable tv signal had lips moving and the words coming a second later(Like a foreign dubbed movie)Would you keep paying? If so how long? Come On Man. It's even hard to just get BODS anymore. What about hunting? When I pay for something I expect it to work. My boss expects me to perform,Why not EA?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lag is sickening of late, and has been for the last three months to all East coast shards for me. Durring prime time hours I ping better to west coast shards, than I do East. I live in Florida, it shouldn't be that way!!!

All I had participated in was pvp. It's kind of hard to compete at prime time hours pinging 140-180+ with packet loss.

I have to agree with the OP, if this continues there will be a large subscription loss in the UO community. I've sent in MANY trace routes to EA, I've done everything I could to communicate to them the problem, and still nothing...

M

Muggs10

Nicely said Killer.....I'm sure we ALL have had issues within UO...It just gets old and we just get use to it....and continue on....:lick:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting ticked off by UO is probably normal for most people. They don't Quality Check their software before adding it to the game. You can accept the faults of the game while enjoying the benefits, or walk.

I'll confess I've done both. :)

Two instances a few hours back were the npc pet rezzers being unable to rezz a beetle due to a constancy or somesuch problem and I finally just released the beetle and logged. Another was a while later. Took a greater dragon vs a greater turkey with my character a half screen away. He was teleported to the turkey, dirtnapped, and when he got back from the rezzer, the greater dragon was dead and the turkey's healthbar was all blue. Another super high hitpoint monster with an almost one-hit kill. Three deaths, each first hit left a couple pixels of heath and no ability to run away from the second hit. OOOoooOOOooo. "Yawn" tiresome to say the least. To much a routine with the GM's.

I wish they were capable of coming up with more ideas than just supermonsters for their amusement. Something most players can enjoy seems to be beyond them.

Buts thats our UO. :thumbup:

T

TraLaLaDiDa

Wow, your post is like a blast from the past (say 10 years ago in UO!) same problems then, same problems now. Then again, gamers always complain. While your enthusiasm is not out of the norm, I wouldn't expect too much as UO is not a top contending MMO anymore. It was to start, but I do see UO being fazed out eventually because it cannot compete with better quality games introduced in the market (think WOW etc). Sad story for UO but it is a true story. UO was the first, but it has been surpassed, and if you're complaining about gameplay functionality, well it will never be up to par and you should accept it as it is or move on to something else. Just sayin'.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No log in problem for me. I use CC not EC.
No lag in problem for me. Pick a shard close to you.

You joined 07-30-2006 and if the puzzle room is the only thing that has happened to you in the last 3 years then you haven't been playing UO during that time.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was expecting to find another thread on how T2A, Tram, Age of Stuff or some other update had sealed the doom of UO. Personally, I think the last nail in the coffin was when they took away the Tram and Fell stones.Or maybe when the moongates started to be driven by a destination menu instead of the phase of the moons.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO died long time ago... and ironically I'm the only one who can res it.

Freakin troll forum is what that is. You can't even be cool like ogres, you just stink, are ugly and do nothing even funny.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just quit already. From what I've seen over the years, many a player has come here to announce to the UO world, that they are a quitter.

As far as your stuff goes, I, for one, could care less........UO is too item based as it is, and just makes players materialistic.

So, I say delete your accounts, let your stuff go poof, then, if ever you come back, you'll feel bad.

(note the punctuation??)

later

B

Beer_Cayse

so, someone tell me ... did they leave? what happened to all their stufz?

G

georgemarvin2001

Last time I played WoW my ping was over 800; it runs between 150-300 on UO most of the time. Not great, but MUCH better than most of the online games out there. I do get a lot of lag sometimes, but that's to be expected with all online games. I've been in a WoW battleground and lagged out for 30 seconds at a time.
He's right about the fact that UO has a lousy record concerning bugs that are often around for years before somebody ever gets around to fixing them though. The Khaldun puzzle boxes were broken for years, after all.
Losing all your stuff you worked for years to get due to the insurance bug, or losing stuff you had for years due to a house break in bug, or constantly getting owned by speed hackers may be legitimate reasons to leave, but just because a little puzzle doesn't work right isn't a real reason to leave. Any game as complex as UO will have some things that don't work right.

C

Citrus Drop

Play or shut the hell up and stop cryin like a little pancake u are noone gives a **** ☆go drink your milk its past your bed time☆☆

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an awful lot of anger there, but the stars are a nice touch

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless a game turns up with at least 10% of UO's content and, has it's ability for players to benefit from hunting together without character level difference problems, I'd say UO, with it's clean classic client graphics, has no reason to worry.

Pixel crack thrills many for a while, true. But beiing locked into a certain sequence of quests to advance, or just being limited to endlessly whacking monsters, does get old.

In UO you can do something as laidback as herding sheep if you want, to something as extreme as hardcore PvP if that is what makes a game fun for you.

I like UO because I can find something to do that is fun no matter how my day has gone or what flavor mood I'm in. Something no other game out there can provide.

If pixel crack is the most important game feature for you, just move on to a game that provides awesome graphics. A simple solution.

Melcor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just quit already. From what I've seen over the years, many a player has come here to announce to the UO world, that they are a quitter.

As far as your stuff goes, I, for one, could care less........UO is too item based as it is, and just makes players materialistic.

So, I say delete your accounts, let your stuff go poof, then, if ever you come back, you'll feel bad.

(note the punctuation??)

later
You're right .. how many threads like this one has been made over the years. At least it's in the correct forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.