• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The End of an Era

• Thread starter imported_debslee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

Every now and again I get a Sims 2 newsletter, and I saw on this last one, here, I didnt know that you can buy Sims 2 stuff, ie Tshirt, mugs etc.....I think it would be so kewl, if we had a range (limited supply) of The SimsOnline merchandise that we could buy to hold onto as part of an era - and it could be a money spinner for Maxis/EA - but if nothing more, then just a souvenir for those players that hold TSO dearly in their hearts! What you think?

C

Cruz Cavera

Good. But I am definetly going to buy the original Sims Online CD from eBay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple of the original cds from beta. Now if I could only find them...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have about 3 of 'em.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Every now and again I get a Sims 2 newsletter, and I saw on this last one, here, I didnt know that you can buy Sims 2 stuff, ie Tshirt, mugs etc.....I think it would be so kewl, if we had a range (limited supply) of The SimsOnline merchandise that we could buy to hold onto as part of an era - and it could be a money spinner for Maxis/EA - but if nothing more, then just a souvenir for those players that hold TSO dearly in their hearts! What you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a fabulous fund raising drive for EA to use the funds to keep EAL alive and kicking, but the problem that comes to mind as I see it is the investment that it would take to have the shirts, or whatever else, made. In order to be really effective they'd have to pick one single item, and get it made in extreme bulk to keep the costs low, and then sell them for more than the object is obviously worth, which if the 'frugal' mindset here on the boards is any indication, won't be tolerated very well

It would be awesome if one of the dedicated players either owned or was a high-ranking employee in a printing company, that would be willing to donate the cost of printing say.....10k, just pulling a number, objects and agreeing that EA would then in turn sell those objects to players, with the agreement with those buying that any and all proceeds go toward the continuation and improvement of EAL specifically. If such an agreement could be struck, I'm betting there are alot of us die-hard fanatics that would be happy to pay even an *inflated* price for something that would serve as a limited edition memoribilia/collector's piece. Problem is I don't know if there are any players who do work with a printing company, and I don't know of any player, no matter how talented in graphics artistry, that could produce anything in mass quantity from their private home,that would be marketable to the general public playerbase.

G

They could sell the trees for the desk that people have been asking for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They could sell the trees for the desk that people have been asking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's still the same problem......they'd have to pay to have that item produced, and it would have to be produced in HUGE quantities to be anywhere near profitable, so first they'd have to determine whether or not they could even sell the number that they'd have to order, or else it would just be another money loser.....unless they can find somebody to produce those desk-trees for free, as I said above with the graphics artistry scenario. The item you're talking about, at least in the form I picture it is ALOT more labor intensive, so therefore ostencibly would be more costly per unit and less likely therefore to be donated.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yeah....it's just a wish list of stuff...

maybe when EALand takes off....they'll get a great marketing staff and then maybe we'll get trees for our desks?

I got my pink flamingos though...teehee...they have those little 'miniature' kits at the bookstore and one was a tacky green picket fenced yard with pink flamingos.

You know that might be a little marketing item for them? The miniature box set? They could call it...."Ealand starter kit". The installation could be on one of those 'mini' discs that would fit in the box. Also in the box could be a couple minis like...maybe a pink flamingo and a small tree, or (let's get really cheesy a sec) a little paper doll that looks like a sim and some of the 'peal n stic' clothes?

They could be placed up for grabs in places like Starbucks, Border, Books-a-Million.....you know, where people sit around, drink coffee and surf on their laptops.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple of the original cds from beta. Now if I could only find them...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, i found my beta cd's yesteday, along with the cd's i had to buy after beta
)

~Michele

M

Mystic Kitty

Maybe someone could set something up on cafepress and donate the profits? I would ask a dev or someone about it first though.