• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the economy

P

peanutbutter

ok. we all know the economy is dead in UO in general and we don't have to talk about the reasons.

but, i would like to get the feeling from other Luna vendors out there on something...

does it seem to you that sales for commodities like wood and ingots have dropped significantly recently?

anyone else having unusual trouble selling this stuff over the past month or so?

S

sapphirediablo11

nope since i sell the items at a proper price, they are gone before searchuo or finduo can get them up :O but that is just because i selll them cheap :D

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most items I put on my vendors sell fast, but I also spend alot of time restocking so I am usually never empty :) I like to keep my prices cheap, but refuse to be so cheap that when you stock an item it is gone in less than 5 mins and on one of those vendors that prices so high they will never sell.

A

Angus MacGregor

Considering the completely outrageous prices most Luna vendors charge for everything, I'm surprised they can sell anything at all.

Coming back to the game with a new account after many years of being gone, it's very daunting to see how expensive everything is, and knowing that pretty much anything nice that's worth buying is completely out of reach because my new characters aren't rich. No wonder so many people buy gold.

P

peanutbutter

hmm... well, i can't imagine that 50k for 1k ash or yew or 100k for 500 heartwood or bloodwood is "outrageous", so... maybe people are just not too smart, so they go all the way outside the walls to buy wood for double what i charge inside the walls.

anyway. i guess i'm just gonna turn it all in for points at the library or something.

A

Angus MacGregor

hmm... well, i can't imagine that 50k for 1k ash or yew or 100k for 500 heartwood or bloodwood is "outrageous", so... maybe people are just not too smart, so they go all the way outside the walls to buy wood for double what i charge inside the walls.

anyway. i guess i'm just gonna turn it all in for points at the library or something.
Sounds like you're the exception, and not the rule. The few times I've been to Luna lately, it's more like window shopping, because the prices are so extremely high, I won't do more than just look.

P

peanutbutter

well, 2 weeks ago, my prices were:

ash, yew: 100k per k
bloodwood, hearwood: 199k per k

but it just sat there on my vendor when 2 months ago, heartwood would sell regularly at 250-300k per k

even my not great, but not bad, bows won't sell at what i consider to be very low prices.

like i said, i think i'm gonna just turn in all my wood for points. on the reward talismans from the library, the range for bonus and exceptional bonus is 10 to 30, right? are they usually high (as in 25/25+) or not?