• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The EA Land Logo/Website

M

Monkeybear

Ok so www.thesimsonline.com now redirects to http://ea-land.ea.com/ Does anyone else not find the site and logo appealing? If I had no idea what EA-Land was and came across the site I'd think it was a fan site a kid made and not the official site for the game. The website looks too child-like and so does the logo.

Here's the logo now:

And here's the logo Margaret posted on the wiki:

The 2nd logo is much more appealing than the first milticoloured logo.

www.tsomania.net looks much more like an official website than the current one I hope they do some drastic changes to the current website and logo...

G

Completely agree, the current logo is awful and I don't have words to express how dire the website is! My daughter created a much more professional-looking website than that for a college course when she was 17!

G

I directed a few of my friends to the EA-Land website and they had a bit of the laugh at the fact that the site is written in Comic Sans font. :/

I agree, it needs to be gussied up a bit.

M

MandiK

I like the second one better, but I dont think they first one is that bad. I hated it when it first came out, but it grows on ya I guess...

G

Well the second one keeps it a bit more towards TSO. The first one is something completely different. The TSO fanatic inside screams "WHY CHANGE IT?????" but, I understand they are trying to show the differences between the two "games". They don't want people thinking this is just a new name for an old game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well the second one keeps it a bit more towards TSO. The first one is something completely different. The TSO fanatic inside screams "WHY CHANGE IT?????" but, I understand they are trying to show the differences between the two "games". They don't want people thinking this is just a new name for an old game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent insight!

Just came to say that... :)

/Don't like the new logo, though.
//But, I'll bet you're right!

G

The website doesn't even look slightly professional.

It really needs to be changed. The logo looks like something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

The website doesn't even look slightly professional.

It really needs to be changed. The logo looks like something you'd see on Nickelodeon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Nick Jr.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Or Nick Jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being 35, I wouldn't have a clue
But yes, it does look like it's aimed at the pre-teen market, which is rather confusing because you have to be 13+ to play.

Or have they changed that too?

P

Paula777

for an official site it looks fake lol
i had to check twice before entering my account info... but remembered that post which said ea.com is all official...

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The EA-Land website is horrible, it makes TSO or now EA Land look like a joke lol.

The funny thing is, when the topic was brought up a few weeks ago, one of the devs who was in charge of the website. Asked us "How can we make the website more appealing?" Ughhh, I dunno make it look like a adult made it for one lol.

I agree, www.tsomania.net looks like our official website....! I mean it has all these guides and facts about the game which thesimsonline.com never had...!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

True but this website makes it looks like a game rated G :p.

G

TTL, and open for anyone to discuss:

All interesting points. I think we can all pretty much agree that the current site looks a tad juvenile. So... What would you do to change the site if you were the webmaster?

G

<blockquote><hr>

All interesting points. I think we can all pretty much agree that the current site looks a tad juvenile. So... What would you do to change the site if you were the webmaster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Change the typeface for a start. I know the TSO font is basically "Comic Sans" but if we're no longer TSO, then something a little more "grown up" would change a lot of appearance.

The "EA Land" logo could certainly be changed. Again, it looks like a Disney product aimed towards under 5's. I'm not talented enough to come up with a new one but I'm sure someone else can.

My only thought here is that EA-Land is what TSO used to be ... those at EA may have very different thoughts about what its direction is going to be, and it could well be the "pre-teen" audience that it is going to aim towards because that's where the money is.

Second Life has a teen grid as well as the adult grid, so keeping the "T" rating still puts EA-Land in competition with SL and There ... so it might make sense that a further 'disneyfication' where its only competing with Toontown.

Presumably whoever designed the new site was given a design brief specification from someone at EA. Perhaps they need to be explaining why it looks like something out of Romper Room?

P

Peppie

I really like the colorful one Margaret did she is very talented and she is doing a great job. I love the artwork she did so far!

I also worked on some EA-Land logos lately I like this one :

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would change the graphics to something a bit more appealing to older players.
2. Change the text
3. Add more information (tutorials, facts and pics) like on www.tsomania.net
4. Move the community fourms to the main game website.

and maybe more im still thinking

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

I really like the colorful one Margaret did she is very talented and she is doing a great job. I love the artwork she did so far!

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks very good!

G

I'm going to agree. The blue colours keep the TSO-charm but without limiting the game to TSO in any way whatsoever. This is one of the first logos that I don't have ANY problem with.

M

Max CR

I'm sure it is just a temporary. The old website, The Sims ONline .Com, had flash graphics with objects flying in and links popping up. The new website seems like something that was rushed to be put online. So I am sure that it is temporary.

I

imported_Spacey

The first one reminds me of something from McDonalds. I don't know why...maybe the colors red and yellow and the fact that it looks like it is geared to a 5 year old.

D

dirndingle

I wouldn't expect to see the comic sans font to go away, as that is a Maxis standard since wayyy back.

The current EA Land logo is awful though. It looks like Walt Disney threw up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good looking design, Peppie. I'm really impressed!