• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Dragon and The Lady

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the spring a young man’s thoughts turn lightly to love. This is something we have heard in rhyme and song since the invention of rhyme and song. And if in truth the spring stirs the hearts of men then surely summer makes the dragon’s blood burn hot.

It has been my pleasure and privilege to have served some small part in bringing this couple together. I have watched many times as Arkon’s eyes followed her at events and in taverns. And yet never did he find the nerve to approach her and make his feelings known. A man of deep held passions and a burning devotion to those he cares about, I felt that they were a perfect match.

Calli has known other loves. Some good and some not so good. And I always thought she deserved more than she found in the arms and eyes of others. She is a lass of great strength and resolve. One I though more than capable of standing against the storm. And I felt that within each other’s presence there was nothing that these two could not handle.

And so, though it was no concern of my own, I encouraged Baron Arkon to pursue and win the heart of Callista. What surprised me though is how quickly the two came together. Now it is more than clear that they were destined to find one another.

From their first date on they became inseparable. And in her presence the Dragon’s heart beat softer, his roar became more a song than something to be feared. She moved to Yew in a short time, and as she helped Arkon work on his house, they quickly found that what they were truly doing was building their home.

I was not surprised when they came into the Rest together seeking me and Izzy. As he held her hand gently he said that though he had wanted to wait till after the election, he simply could not do so. He had asked Calli to become his wife, and she had consented full willing.

They have their lives now stretched before them, and their happiness will fill the woods to over flowing. It is a news worth shouting from the roof tops, and whispering to the fires which burn beneath the grounds. Yew will have a new Governor soon, and he will bring to Great North Forests a First Lady to be loved and admired.

Bad news it is said travels fast. But news that is joyous and good does not travel, but settles in over folks, and moves instead with them seeking out the darkest corners, and filling them with light. Their news, their coming joining has brought new hope to Yew and a happiness to my life. Within the Dragon and the Lady, I see the future of the lands I love, and the peace and stability Yew has long needed.