• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Disco-Warrior!

P

Phosphor

I love the idea of a Discordance Warrior. Not an archer, but a right-in-the-thick-of-it 'proper' dexxer.

I have some ideas on how it would work but would like some input from others. The template I was considering is:

Swords 120
Music 120
Disco 120
Parry 120

220 left (700)

The warrior would use Hit Lower Defence AND Attack. With Disco doing it's thing, and 120 parry, you really shouldn't be getting hit very much at all, and should land all your blows!

What other skills? I'm not sure. You need to be damaging (Tactics / Anatomy / Chivalry) but you need to heal also (Neco/SS, Healing/Anat, Chivalry). Bushido would be great (evasion, LS, honour). But there isn't that much space for this skill. So I was thinking:

Necromancy 55
Chivalry 65
Spirit Speak 50*
Tactics 50*

* Skill points can be redistributed between SS and Tactics.

Any spare points from Swords, Music, Disco or Parry (for those without 120 scrolls), or due to owning Midnight Bracers and having lower Necro, should be used to boost Tactics or SS.

Running in Vampire Form.

Cast Enemy of one. Disco. Then enter the fray with Curse and consecrate weapon on (can you use both? If not this template will have to be tweaked!). As soon as the HLD and HLA kick in you should not get hit much through phsyical attacks and you will be getting 70% LL from Vamp and Curse weapon, healing you through any magery attacks.

Other uses of the 220 points:

Bushido 120
Necro 55
SS 45

This would allow damage to be built via honour, with evasion on whenever possible. Damage without tactics and chiv would be much lower.

Another change would be to keep the original template and use wraith form instead of vamp. The extra mana supply could allow better use of specials such as armour ignore, to make up for the lack of tactics.

Any thoughts or critisism?

I

imported_Farsight

I have a disco warrior. One of the old fashioned 7XGM types without all the training in. He has fencing, tactics, music, disco, healing and anatomy and I can't for the life of me remember what the seventh skill was, but if I went back to do it again, it would be 70-80 points of chivalry with added music and disco.

It's a do-able template, a lot of higher level creatures are made easy, and groups will love you for your disco expertise.

But as far as pure hunting goes, there are easier ways to get your gold. If I recall correctly, the bonus for 120 tactics outweighs the bonus for 120 disco. Then again, I may be wrong since I'm not looking at the damage calculator.

I've also always been one to try to put too much on my plates, so adding in a little necro and a little spirit speak sounds good to me, but it wouldn't be near as powerful as a focussed character.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i run this on ATL, and once more on sonoma.
i LOVE it.

120 disco
120 music
110 archery
110 tactics
90 healing
100 anat
rest in chiv/focus
mana regen on suit.

roll up, disco critter then dance around and pick it with the bow.

it is a fun template.
specially for group fighting.
let the brainless mace/sword/fence guys go up and be your meat shields, hehe

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Swords 120
Music 120
Disco 120
Parry 120

[/ QUOTE ]

Try
120 weapon
120 music
120 discord
120 parry
120 bushido
35 Nerco
65 chiv (raise it on anything you can't get to 120 like if you are 115 parry and bushido)

Only thing missing is tactics and anatomy for damage out put, but when you hit for 50-100 a hit, vamp is enough life to keep you alive. With pots a few times

M

mysticvermin

I have a disco warrior that I wound up taking parry off of completely.
Currently:

115 Fencing
90.8 Disco
100 Music
100 Bushido
103.3 Tactics
100 Anatomy
80 Chiv

High weapon skill against a discorded target with bushido means perfection builds quickly. The added damage from perfection, EoO, tactics &amp; anatomy with vampiric embrace will keep your health up. This character carves through Ogre Lords almost as fast as my tamer.

120 disco seems like a longs ways off though...