• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The Death of York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a Dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The death of York

York is dead, suicide is painless.
dead york 2.png
As you may have guessed I killed off York; Why? Because, York failed, and failure is not tolerated. York was given one year to complete a predetermined set of goals and was governor by predetermined rules. Oddly enough, no one ever asked what they were. … There is little point now. However one of these related to York’s death if he could not prove his worth.

I’m not gonna say that it was a total failure because he did come close. I extended his time based on the fact he was close to completing his goals but it became clear that he was not going to be able to complete them after being banned by Stratics mods (Zuckuss, Petra fyde, and Kelmo (sorry bud, I tried to speak with you about this but…. You never replied to me) ). York’s game needed a level of communication that cannot be achieved by the game alone. So if he can’t trust the forums…. Then it was over. Plus being banned highlighted his failure and need to be killed off. Not to mention the new mods are really abusing their power so much the site has lost half of its pop since they have been in place… I completely understand why.

I had a planned to announce his death in a RP manner and write him out but………………. We never had a last meeting!!! And the last meeting that was held was not held on the last Sunday of the month as was agreed. There was no way I could have made it since it was changed and I had planned for the Last Sunday of the month. I will admit it was frustrating to log on to kill off York to find out that I was going to have to do it on stratics. I never could get ahold of the king or the EM….. just failure.

I will say I have had some enjoyable moments on the shard and met some wonderful people. I will also say that I personally was surprised how well and long York lasted. I truly thought he would make it a month or two at most so… 15 months was truly impressive. But, it never changed the fact he was going to have to die. I mean I wrote his ending when I wrote his rules. He always was to commit suicide…

In closing I will say that York was a character and represented parts of the player but he is not, nor was the player. He merely did things the player can’t. The player is still living and thanks all of those who supported York. I highly doubt that York can be resurrected it would take more magic than exists.

Game Over,

Just a Dude. (York’s Player)

Angyl of Ohr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The death of York

York is dead, suicide is painless.
View attachment 25969
As you may have guessed I killed off York; Why? Because, York failed, and failure is not tolerated. York was given one year to complete a predetermined set of goals and was governor by predetermined rules. Oddly enough, no one ever asked what they were. … There is little point now. However one of these related to York’s death if he could not prove his worth.

I’m not gonna say that it was a total failure because he did come close. I extended his time based on the fact he was close to completing his goals but it became clear that he was not going to be able to complete them after being banned by Stratics mods (Zuckuss, Petra fyde, and Kelmo (sorry bud, I tried to speak with you about this but…. You never replied to me) ). York’s game needed a level of communication that cannot be achieved by the game alone. So if he can’t trust the forums…. Then it was over. Plus being banned highlighted his failure and need to be killed off. Not to mention the new mods are really abusing their power so much the site has lost half of its pop since they have been in place… I completely understand why.

I had a planned to announce his death in a RP manner and write him out but………………. We never had a last meeting!!! And the last meetin

Game Over,

Just a Dude. (York’s Player)

Ahh, he shall be missed! I remember the good ole times when I would pass him down in the abyss and scorn his presence cos I knew, just knew that he was trying to steal what I wanted! I would curse, Damn him! and try to beat him to it and many a time I did... I also blame him, even if he didn't do it, for luring Slasher into the middle Gondola area passage way ..... aye :grins: good times. Now who will I play hide and seek with?

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sad to see you go York, I may not have known what your true goals were, but I do remember you telling me once they were finished you would be done. I am very sad to that it did not work out. Thank you for the memories you have brought. Fair well York and be safe.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*An Corp*
*An Corp*

Meh. It only works if you accept...

Does this mean the player behind York is gone as well?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find this...slightly bizarre. Not that that's a bad thing..

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
York will be missed, but - be well friend... ;)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
York,

York had become very angry with me for moving his auction thread off of the UOHall. York got very nasty in the sub-sequential PM's that followed. York was not nor ever was perma-banned. All is not lost. I will send a team of healers in right away to heal York back to full life so York may continue his much valued work. York's absence from Stratics was York's choice and York's alone. There is no need for York to die nor to stop posting but York must simply remember that York may not sell items and post auctions on the UHall. Do not fear for Stratics, York of Siege, population has not indeed taken a hit. It has grown in fact. There is still much community here to hear your words.

York may do well to take a look at the rules for these forums here:
http://community.stratics.com/pages/rules/

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.

This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

E. Private conversations are to be considered private.

They are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the conversation agrees. This applies to any message or communication from any source that is not normally publicly viewable. Please note, also, that private messages are subject to our RoC.

I. Publicly discussing actions by moderators or administrators is prohibited.

This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

L. Spamming the forums is prohibited.

This includes not only advertising, but reposting the same message across numerous forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.