• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Death of Darkman

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A script from a Facebook thread about a player called Darkman. To those that are unaware, Darkman was a player that had a huge impact on the EU server since the very beginning...pre-Trammel. Even after UO, he was a figurehead and a beacon to others that kept us together over the years in many MMO's and kept us as a force to be reckoned with, despite our increasing age.

Leighton was his name.

I realise this is only a part of Leightons life...but to many, they only ever met him in a virtual world...but still he had a big impact...I think some would like to pay their respects in the same way they met him...
I've arranged a Memorial Stone to be placed on the EU server of Ultima Online.
The location has been confirmed by poll, the ancient Minax Stronghold south of Papua...many a hero and villain fell there...but it is also a place where many have come to pay homage to what was arguably the greatest PvP area of all time in any game, ever, myself included.
The date is yet to be set, but it is likely to be in two weeks, pending authorisation from the owners of Ultima Online.
I would like to ask all of you: reactivate your accounts. Get online before the event, get some basic gear just for fun, borrow some gold...get on discord...
Come celebrate with us

Barney_wins_UO

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankeds Lynx! The old gang are getting together...most of us hate each other so many murder counts I think :D