• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Day the Reapers came back

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
some day they are gonna fix reapers not casting spells and they are not gonna tell any of us and we are gonna recall home and there is gonna be a reaper couple tiles back and you aren't gonna pay it any attention and all of a sudden.....

*BLAMO*!!!!!!!
triple flame strike pre-cast explosion all landing at once!
you crawl for the door but your fate is already sealed, it was sealed the day you became complacent about the Reaper's and the uneasy truce!
as your last breath rattles out of your chest your finger nail breaks on the first step of your house as your crawl with every ounce of will power you have for the safety of your house, you may just make it!
you look back over your shoulder to smile at how you cheated death one more time.....
but...
no it can't be!
did that Reaper just pull itself out of the ground and start walking towards you!!!!!

mark my word people.
some day they will fix them....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dunno if it's called the same on all shards but there was a place I called Reaper Point. Somewhat East and North of Yew, reapers would spawn like crazy ... and if you were stupid enough to go around the S end of the mountain and enter the cave there, you most certainly were seeing grey. There were dozens if not hundreds of reapers in there.

Damn, but that place was fun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dunno if it's called the same on all shards but there was a place I called Reaper Point. Somewhat East and North of Yew, reapers would spawn like crazy ... and if you were stupid enough to go around the S end of the mountain and enter the cave there, you most certainly were seeing grey. There were dozens if not hundreds of reapers in there.

Damn, but that place was fun.
The place you are thinking of is near Minoc not Yew... past the cave to the Lost Lands.

It used to be "the" place to train resists and such until the trees started teleporting onto you. Then people quit using it... but now the trees seem stunted and don't cast... but that's ok. Perhaps they have all be infected with some sort of casting virus.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What happened to the reapers? Did they just turn off their spells? I used to be so scared of those things...:eek:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It´s been a few years. I miss their spellcasting. Now they´re as scary as a corpser.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One guildmate lived along the mountains in Umbra and on more than one occasion one would kill her through the walls of her home. Maybe they finally took pity on folks in that situation. :D