• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Cu Gods were smiling on me today!

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blaze Max HP.jpg
Blaze resists.jpg

So there's a week to think over the build while it bonds and in the meantime i thought i could get some input from the pro's.
It seams you can't go wrong with a Chiv / AI build. Of course i would have to make it 9 x 120. Just debating on weather to put Goo on it as well.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
1> UBER Major Congrats, you hit Jackpot!!
2> If you are a new / resently resubscribed palyer : DO NOT SELL (for less than 1-2 Billion gold (or 1-2 Plats) untrained ). This pet is easily worth 2-3 Dreadmares AND 2-3 Bane Dragons. Dont get scammed.
Also you will absolutlely NOT find another one in the game with these stats, if you spawn for 20 years lol.
3> This one will need all 120's so take your time : Do NOT train till the next pub hits just in case there are bugs, reverts, etc.
4> Was this just an "accident"? or you were actively spawning for one? For how long? What shard?
5> If you are new to taming, which sounds like from the goo question, do not train yet, do not hit the button yet, train other Cus. Then "train" this one especially on TC1 before you do absolutely anything on prodo.
6> Chiv AI sounds good, but goo is geared for spawns, and will drain mana like crazy. Goo will take away from its main damage or white swings that hit for a lot.
7> First before you train even in TC1 go to the very nice posts by Powain on training Cus in this forum. You will not be able to forgive yourself if you mess this unique pet!

Again if it was me, I would advertise and sell it 1-2 plats at the least, untrained. But again, I am a pawper, and this may not apply to you. Just dont get scammed and sell cheap. People from other shards would buy it. They can only dream about having something like this!

Good Job!!

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
1> UBER Major Congrats, you hit Jackpot!!
2> If you are a new / resently resubscribed palyer : DO NOT SELL (for less than 1-2 Billion gold (or 1-2 Plats) untrained ). This pet is easily worth 2-3 Dreadmares AND 2-3 Bane Dragons. Dont get scammed.
Also you will absolutlely NOT find another one in the game with these stats, if you spawn for 20 years lol.
3> This one will need all 120's so take your time : Do NOT train till the next pub hits just in case there are bugs, reverts, etc.
4> Was this just an "accident"? or you were actively spawning for one? For how long? What shard?
5> If you are new to taming, which sounds like from the goo question, do not train yet, do not hit the button yet, train other Cus. Then "train" this one especially on TC1 before you do absolutely anything on prodo.
6> Chiv AI sounds good, but goo is geared for spawns, and will drain mana like crazy. Goo will take away from its main damage or white swings that hit for a lot.
7> First before you train even in TC1 go to the very nice posts by Powain on training Cus in this forum. You will not be able to forgive yourself if you mess this unique pet!

Again if it was me, I would advertise and sell it 1-2 plats at the least, untrained. But again, I am a pawper, and this may not apply to you. Just dont get scammed and sell cheap. People from other shards would buy it. They can only dream about having something like this!

Good Job!!
AND one more thing, if you decide to sell. Do not sell anything despite of what you hear here in Stratics or especially in the game with low ball offers etc, GO to the selling forum in Stratics for non-rare and pet selling and check out pricing for any pet you sell!! ( Don't do the mistake I did to my Dreadmare when I returned to the game a few yrs back -- Im still hurting about it..lol)
I hope this info helps..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congrats! You just hit the UO Jackpot!

As for what to do with it... that would depend mostly on your playstyle and what you plan to do with it.

There are many builds to consider.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks @celticus i'm still in disbelief that it has 600hp. It spawned right in front of me and i was like 'NO WAY' and i was on it! Not bothering with a stat check i didn't know it was max until after it was tamed. I'm Thankful no one else was there which is why i chose a slow shard to farm them on. Sonoma

I've had a tamer for years and dabbled with spawning Cu's a few times on and off. But the last couple weeks i've been hitting it hard everyday just trying for some lesser rare colored ones with perfect stats to train. That being said i was cycling through them pretty fast and was even killing Reds, blacks and ice Cu's if i didnt like the stats.
I am a little new to all the new training which is why i'm asking for input. I've trained a couple Cu's. Totally messed up my first one but the second i got right and use quit often. It has AI / Chiv and works great but i also heard good things about Goo. What you said makes sense though. I think i would want this guy to be geared towards boss fights rather than spawns. I can always make another Cu for spawns.
Thank you for the advise and of course i will be revisiting Pawains Guids when i copy it over to test center. Gotta love her dedication and all the help she provides to others! I still have 6 days and 21 hours to decide lol

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks @celticus i'm still in disbelief that it has 600hp. It spawned right in front of me and i was like 'NO WAY' and i was on it! Not bothering with a stat check i didn't know it was max until after it was tamed. I'm Thankful no one else was there which is why i chose a slow shard to farm them on. Sonoma

I've had a tamer for years and dabbled with spawning Cu's a few times on and off. But the last couple weeks i've been hitting it hard everyday just trying for some lesser rare colored ones with perfect stats to train. That being said i was cycling through them pretty fast and was even killing Reds, blacks and ice Cu's if i didnt like the stats.
I am a little new to all the new training which is why i'm asking for input. I've trained a couple Cu's. Totally messed up my first one but the second i got right and use quit often. It has AI / Chiv and works great but i also heard good things about Goo. What you said makes sense though. I think i would want this guy to be geared towards boss fights rather than spawns. I can always make another Cu for spawns.
Thank you for the advise and of course i will be revisiting Pawains Guids when i copy it over to test center. Gotta love her dedication and all the help she provides to others! I still have 6 days and 21 hours to decide lol
Cograts again..
By the way, do you use your tamer to spawn Cus? How do you spawn them fast without losing karma? I am soo slooow at this lol.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cograts again..
By the way, do you use your tamer to spawn Cus? How do you spawn them fast without losing karma? I am soo slooow at this lol.
Two accounts. One is my disco / tamer / mystic. The other is a stealth / disco / mystic. The tamer does most of the discording while the stealther kills them with RCs. The only thing the tamer helps kill with RC's are the paragons. Oh you're gonna loose karma but it will be on the stealther. I usually drag the positive karma spawn south by the champ alter and the negative karma stuff (changlings) north towards the cave. Which usually involves dieing once or twice before its all set up.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Two accounts. One is my disco / tamer / mystic. The other is a stealth / disco / mystic. The tamer does most of the discording while the stealther kills them with RCs. The only thing the tamer helps kill with RC's are the paragons. Oh you're gonna loose karma but it will be on the stealther. I usually drag the positive karma spawn south by the champ alter and the negative karma stuff (changlings) north towards the cave. Which usually involves dieing once or twice before its all set up.
Ty thats a cool set up..I will try to squeeze spellweaving to to the disco tamer I have. May have to lower magery to minimum to cast gates, but then will lose the stronger mage remote heals..aw well lol

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty thats a cool set up..I will try to squeeze spellweaving to to the disco tamer I have. May have to lower magery to minimum to cast gates, but then will lose the stronger mage remote heals..aw well lol
When i take my tamer there i dont bring a pet or rely on a pet to kill the spawn which helps. Here's the template i use. It is skill heavy and very dependent on skill bonus items to be able to pull it off.

120 taming (real)
120 lore (real)
120 music (real)
120 disco (real)
90 mysticism (120 with jewels)
80 focus (120 with jewels and talisman)
70 magery (115 with jewels and spellbook)

The idea is to simply Discord and then kill them with RC's and be able to tame when you see a nice one. Magery is still needed because you will need to be able to cast mass dispel. I believe the lowest you can have without fail is 108.

I do it solo with this template when my wifes not around to help with a stealther. I'll get about an hour of farming in then i'll head to nightmares for an hour to build karma and if lucky snag a 2 slot void.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When i take my tamer there i dont bring a pet or rely on a pet to kill the spawn which helps. Here's the template i use. It is skill heavy and very dependent on skill bonus items to be able to pull it off.

120 taming (real)
120 lore (real)
120 music (real)
120 disco (real)
90 mysticism (120 with jewels)
80 focus (120 with jewels and talisman)
70 magery (115 with jewels and spellbook)

The idea is to simply Discord and then kill them with RC's and be able to tame when you see a nice one. Magery is still needed because you will need to be able to cast mass dispel. I believe the lowest you can have without fail is 108.

I do it solo with this template when my wifes not around to help with a stealther. I'll get about an hour of farming in then i'll head to nightmares for an hour to build karma and if lucky snag a 2 slot void.
Thats an awesome plan..This type of tamer will also be able to cast AoE, and rocks to help his pet, plus heals, heal curse and poison..Just need good MR on suit and would work nicely, and does NOT need focus like the SW tamer..No vetting..does that affect stable storage a little bit, the no vet part? and by how much? ty for info..

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats an awesome plan..This type of tamer will also be able to cast AoE, and rocks to help his pet, plus heals, heal curse and poison..Just need good MR on suit and would work nicely, and does NOT need focus like the SW tamer..No vetting..does that affect stable storage a little bit, the no vet part? and by how much? ty for info..
yeah the rock hurling part is fun but i do believe focus is needed for Mysticism to be effective.
You're right about taking a little hit on the stable slots from putting vet on the stone. I couldn't tell you how much exactly right now but i maxed out with the stable slot increase tokens so when i fill up its somewhere around 40. Other factors come into play such as taming mastery level and account upgrades (SA & ToL).

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lol, you both talking about different focus like happens so often, Celticus about the arcane focus crystal and Dan about the skill (battle) Focus. ;)
For us, our tamers without vet have 17 stable slots instead of 20, so hit by 3.
And of course we cannot post here without a big hearty CONGRATULATIONS on the nice find Dan! You winz UO! lol

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like its worth it..may give it a try rather than the SW..
yah give it a shot. It's not the template you want to go to roof in or anything like that. The sole purpose of it for me is strictly for taming new critters, killing the spawn without a pet so i dont have to go stable when i see one i like. I stone off the Mystic and focus when doing other stuff.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
With the impending Goober empire dawning upon us next few weeks ("EJ"), I also would recommend waiting for 1-2 months for all the dust to settle from the new bugs, new reverts that will happen etc, before I would even press the start training button on this one, just to be on the safe side..Fact is we don't know what else "EJ" will bring crawling in with it..Just be patient and you'll get there, best done safely.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
to be honest i wouldn't level that pet up.
id just leave it as it is.
train up another Cu to do your everyday hunting with, id leave that as your EM event CU or your banksitting Cu.

if you go and level 5 it and put on stuff sure as heck your gonna wanna sell for gold years from now and whatever you put on it will be wrong and will hurt the price of it.

even if you plan to keep id leave it.
you run the risk of messing it up.

good to see one span on my home shard too!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would get that puppy trained properly with AI and chiv and put max scrolls on it before the update on the 5th.

If it were me It would have been trained up within 5 hours of taming it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I would get that puppy trained properly with AI and chiv and put max scrolls on it before the update on the 5th.

If it were me It would have been trained up within 5 hours of taming it.
Respectfully I disagree..My vote is leaving it alone in the stables for 1-2 months. I would definitely not do anything with it before bonding. What a shameful loss that would cause if it dies! Would break my heart and its not even my own..Would definitely not do anything that would risk losing it, under any circumstances..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T
Respectfully I disagree..My vote is leaving it alone in the stables for 1-2 months. I would definitely not do anything with it before bonding. What a shameful loss that would cause if it dies! Would break my heart and its not even my own..Would definitely not do anything that would risk losing it, under any circumstances..
They sell bonding potions in the uo store.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to be honest i wouldn't level that pet up.
id just leave it as it is.
train up another Cu to do your everyday hunting with, id leave that as your EM event CU or your banksitting Cu.

if you go and level 5 it and put on stuff sure as heck your gonna wanna sell for gold years from now and whatever you put on it will be wrong and will hurt the price of it.

even if you plan to keep id leave it.
you run the risk of messing it up.

good to see one span on my home shard too!
I understand you're reasoning and i agree. Even if you make the perfect build now you always take the chance that in a few years down the road that build will be obsolete.
But i don't care. Never been much of a bank sitter so i would much rather utilize the stats to make a very strong pet for all purpose use.
Plus there is always a chance that a pet could be nerfed in someway a few years down the road and the ones that have been trained up avoided such nerf becoming rare trained prepatch. We have no way of knowing either way.

And thanks all for the suggestions! I have it's stats documented and am keeping my fingers crossed that the patch tomorrow doesn't affect them. It doesn't appear that it should.
Just a few days before it bonds! If all goes well i'll be training on Sunday. He's on his new home shard of Atlantic now.

Cheers
LT

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so you used Sonoma to get a blaze and then jumped right back home.

ill send what i think of that via telepathy to you, let me know when you get it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay i got him bonded last night :)
I'm really gonna take my time with it especially since i cant copy over to Test Center right now.
What i was thinking of doing for now is just raising it's skills to gm before hitting the 'start training' button.
This would do two things for me, 1- give me time to wait on Test Center to take copies again. 2- it will naturally raise dex and stam to 125 saving just a few points down the road.
@Pawain or anyone else who might know, by raising skills first do i take the a chance of it slot jumping?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay i got him bonded last night :)
I'm really gonna take my time with it especially since i cant copy over to Test Center right now.
What i was thinking of doing for now is just raising it's skills to gm before hitting the 'start training' button.
This would do two things for me, 1- give me time to wait on Test Center to take copies again. 2- it will naturally raise dex and stam to 125 saving just a few points down the road.
@Pawain or anyone else who might know, by raising skills first do i take the a chance of it slot jumping?
Nope. Cus never jumped. When wrestling get to 100 the Parry starts increasing. But, taking hits also gives gains.

Take it to the Mage and get 50% gains right now. I've upped 4 pets this weekend and our mage is crowded.

I am out of pets that need training. :sad2:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If You 100% Sure to keep. Then Train IT properly.

If You only 99% dont Train IT.
Training will lower the value alot.