• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] The creature resisted the attempt to dispel it.

G

gramarye

I started a new char AFTER buying SA. The template includes magery/med/eval, all at 100 except magery at 115. With all my other chars, when using EVs, I am able to cast dispel anywhere near them to, well, dispel them. If I have two EVs I can simply cast dispel and target an area somewhere between them and they both go 'poof' at the same time. This is the way this has worked for me for almost ten years now. But with this new char it doesn't work like that. To have the spell work I have to target one of the EVs directly, either the EV itself or its label. It just wont work otherwise. And when I do this I often get the message that is the title to this post. Has something changed with chars made after SA? Or is it me somehow? And why, at 115 magery, would it resist so frequently anyhow? This is annoying and beats me so any help would be much appreciated. Oh, btw, since buying SA all my other chars can dispel just the same as they always have. This 'problem' only exists on my new char.
Edited because I forgot to say that I use the spell tutor statue and the messages I get while trying to dispel are:
Magery: Too easy
Magery: Challenging
Why two messages from one spell?
Thanks for any help.

B

BlackMagus

I started a new char AFTER buying SA. The template includes magery/med/eval, all at 100 except magery at 115. With all my other chars, when using EVs, I am able to cast dispel anywhere near them to, well, dispel them. If I have two EVs I can simply cast dispel and target an area somewhere between them and they both go 'poof' at the same time. This is the way this has worked for me for almost ten years now. But with this new char it doesn't work like that. To have the spell work I have to target one of the EVs directly, either the EV itself or its label. It just wont work otherwise. And when I do this I often get the message that is the title to this post. Has something changed with chars made after SA? Or is it me somehow? And why, at 115 magery, would it resist so frequently anyhow? This is annoying and beats me so any help would be much appreciated. Oh, btw, since buying SA all my other chars can dispel just the same as they always have. This 'problem' only exists on my new char.
Edited because I forgot to say that I use the spell tutor statue and the messages I get while trying to dispel are:
Magery: Too easy
Magery: Challenging
Why two messages from one spell?
Thanks for any help.
I think you might be confusing Dispel and Mass Dispel.

You have to cast Dispel directly onto the summon, while Mass Dispel works as area spell. Also Dispel is much more easily resisted by the summons...

G

gramarye

Gah! *slaps self on forehead* exactly what I was doing! Damn,what a fool. Thank you, BlackMagus for pointing out my stupidity! :)