• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Bv Merge/Train

• Thread starter imported_Brownie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Brownie

Hi There,

Based on what has been said, the BV "merge" is still up in the air. So I was wondering, if, after the production city merges are complete, if they might start up the BV Express train again. I read too late about being able to move my just family members and leaving the Master with the house, my fault i know, so the siblings are all over there unattended and misbehaving

Also, in the event BV can't be merged, I would hope they would let all the Masters that stayed with their houses take the train over too.

Sorry if I missed where this specific issues was addressed.

BRAVA Devs for not deleting our BV sims and allowing access to them in EALand! Just goes to show that you guys really do listen and really do care!

Thank you in advance for your assistance:)

G

My BV sims appear on my screen, I think they will become individual playable sims since we can have 8. I reactivated some old accounts yesterday, and the BV sims are not on those accounts, so I am assuming the process has begun in some form for BV. Unless BV started deleting non paying accounts in BV sometime over the last year.

G

I believe that the Bv sims were deleted as of March 8th due to the amnesty program. I heard that BV was not subject to the usual wipes as the legacy cities were. So they should still be there if you activated your account in early March.

I

imported_Brownie

<blockquote><hr>

My BV sims appear on my screen, I think they will become individual playable sims since we can have 8. I reactivated some old accounts yesterday, and the BV sims are not on those accounts, so I am assuming the process has begun in some form for BV. Unless BV started deleting non paying accounts in BV sometime over the last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can see mine too, but I assumed that unless I took the train or the city was "merged" they would remain unusable. I know quite a few took the train over and are now in play, but i was wondering what was up for those who either missed the train or were waiting on the "Merge"

G

There was a train out of every city . . but BV. There was never an option to move out of BV. I think they wiped BV sometime over the last week, they moved them to the new sign on screen anyway. For programming I see no issue in pulling the sims and the lot leaving all free will behind. For those of us who were there during it's creation, we had many discussions on how it worked.

G

I am hoping, if they can't bring over properties, that we will have time to at least send our families on the train. I already moved one family over, but left the second with the house. I'm crossing fingers that they are able to merge BV with sims, objects and properties intact.

G

Unfortunately, I did not know the trick to see if my BV sims were still there before the shut down the legacy cities. Is there a way to see whether or not theystill exist. It sucks because since it's been so long that I don't remember the sims name to look her up in EAL.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there was a 'clean-up' some time last year. It was around the time when there was a big 'argument' over 'non-payed' sims taking up 'prime real estate' in BV for so many years.

It was shortly after it came to the dev's attention, that the city was 'cleaned up' it seems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There was a train out of every city . . but BV. There was never an option to move out of BV. I think they wiped BV sometime over the last week, they moved them to the new sign on screen anyway. For programming I see no issue in pulling the sims and the lot leaving all free will behind. For those of us who were there during it's creation, we had many discussions on how it worked.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry,, but yes there has been several trains from BV to EA Land,as i have had sims on them,,and they arrived without being ****d too badly,,,lol,,didnt need to put them in the Crisis Management program,,lol,,

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately, I did not know the trick to see if my BV sims were still there before the shut down the legacy cities. Is there a way to see whether or not theystill exist. It sucks because since it's been so long that I don't remember the sims name to look her up in EAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have BV sims, they should appear on your Select a Sim screen, just like the un-merged production city sims.

All of mine do.

R

Rennay

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry,, but yes there has been several trains from BV to EA Land,as i have had sims on them,,and they arrived without being ****d too badly,,,lol,,didnt need to put them in the Crisis Management program,,lol,,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I too caught the train with my BV sims to EA-L and play them the most, they were the first to arrive of all my original sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They did.
When I reactivated my account with my favorite BV family on it, the BV sims were already gone. Apparently from what those of us affected have been able to piece together, at the time BV was permanently shut down, all sims on accounts that were not currently being paid for were deleted, and all sims on accounts that were current were able to be accessed to be put on the bullet train. I reactivated that account like less than 2 weeks after BV was shut down, after having read nothing forwarning people that their sims would be deleted unless they started paying for their accounts again.....so to say I was disappointed to have lost those 1000 day old sims is an understatement
. Still kicking myself for not keeping that account current even if I wasn't gonna play

G

<blockquote><hr>

I believe that the Bv sims were deleted as of March 8th due to the amnesty program. I heard that BV was not subject to the usual wipes as the legacy cities were. So they should still be there if you activated your account in early March.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is not true. Those sims were gone way before the March 8th deadline. Just squelching another rumor.

G

When I played BV last year there was no option to move our family of sims to another city, perhaps I should have been more clear. Anyone who is paying for an account, will not ever lose a sim. As I understand the game rules, the only reason a sim would be wiped is from non payment. So even tho they may have added an option to get on this train, I am sure those who weren't logged in to do so would be saved solely on the reason they are still paying, and would qualify as auto move. My BV Family is on my sign up screen, so I am assuming they made it out alive without getting on any train. Probably had to walk tho, that means they will be red when I finally sign them on the first time lmao

G

Well that sucks I would have loved to see how they turned out after all these years.

G

All of my BV sims have caught the train except my master sim. Still holding out in hopes to save my house. lol
If you can not see your BV sims u need to fix that target string in your shortcut.
The one I use for client is...
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

The main shortcut target string is ....
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600

These strings are for window mode.
If u want full screen I think u just change the 600x800 to 1024x768

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They did.
When I reactivated my account with my favorite BV family on it, the BV sims were already gone. Apparently from what those of us affected have been able to piece together, at the time BV was permanently shut down, all sims on accounts that were not currently being paid for were deleted, and all sims on accounts that were current were able to be accessed to be put on the bullet train. I reactivated that account like less than 2 weeks after BV was shut down, after having read nothing forwarning people that their sims would be deleted unless they started paying for their accounts again.....so to say I was disappointed to have lost those 1000 day old sims is an understatement
. Still kicking myself for not keeping that account current even if I wasn't gonna play

[/ QUOTE ]
I reactivated some old accounts several months before BV was shut down and two of my BV families had been deleted. I hadn't paid on those accounts for over ninety days but I was surprised they were gone since I didn't think they purged in BV but apparently they did.

I

imported_Brownie

OK Guys,

Now back to my original question, will the BV bullet train resume when the merges are complete.

Yes I have a paid account, Yes, I can see my BV sims, no they were not wiped. I just cant use them until they either are "moved" or "merged". And YES, they are set up to move.

I Just waant to know know if they will have another opoortunity to come over. Maybe it will be automatic at this point, I dont know.

Any help in answering MY qestions would be appreciated

G

They have not mentioned any more Bullet Trains in the Blog or on Stratics since they moved the server to the East Coast.

That is the most specific answer I have, sorry.

I suspect we will just have to wait until the merges are complete to see what they plan to do with the BV sims. Or you could try to catch them in Town Hall, EAL and ask them directly what they are doing with the BV sims scheduled for the Train....