• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Blue Crane Society GRL Portal

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For some time now I have been quietly working on a Teleporter Hub for Atlantic. Some people have been kind enough to mention it here and if you got a Goodman's Runebook for the memorial you received a rune to it. It is conveniently located next to Goodman's Rune Library in Makuto.

It has no grand order or organization. I know I will be criticized for that but I preferred to leave it as an adventurous exploration of our shard. To me it represents a way to keep in touch with our community establishments, past and present. A place to explore on a Sunday afternoon or a quick reference to your favorite player run location.

If you have an established player run town or building that you would like to see connect to it please either pm me here on Stratics or send an email to [email protected]

** UPDATE** If you have been granted town status and you are not mentioned in the Community Center post, please PM me here with your town name and co-ordinates so you are not missed!
You are more than welcome at the Blue Crane Portal as well. ***

The first Teleporter house I ever laid eyes on was the infamous house built for the Pacific Rares Festival. I fell in love with it immediately and vowed to build one.

I did wait for a period of time because I thought that like other shards we would be given a system of portals for our townships. Pictured below is the Chesapeake Shard Luna Township Portal as an example.

When we finally did gain the attention of someone who could give us such a wonderous addition to our shard inevitably there were some discord as to the nature & scope of the project. The greater good prevailed and many members of the community worked very hard together on the proposal posted on the EM Forum here at Stratics. Many hours were spent back and forth until finally there was a proposal that every one could be proud of. It was almost reality.

Then somehow what was accepted by many of the Atlantic Community representatives has become stalled in negative forces and has not come to pass. I would like to open the discussion again on this forum free of this negative energy so I will be reposting the proposal tonight on this shard forum.

Many times I have been asked "What can I do to help you with the library." To those of you who have asked me this question and to those of you who call the Atlantic shard home whether or not you have been here many years or only a day. I ask you to please post your support for this proposal. I do not ask for me or for the library. I ask for the shard. I ask to further the community ideals we have long held dear. I ask so that Mesanna will finally deem the Atlantic Shard worthy of a Community Center.

Please post your support in the new thread. Please do not bring negativity to this discussion. Please respect everyones thoughts and ideas.

I believe if enough of us put our minds to it perhaps our opportunity will become reality again. My thanks for your positive energy.

Andrasta
GRL

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one of the township owners officially recognized, having an official town banner… I can easily share that this was not an easy task even to start off with. I had to wait for the better part of a year before I could be granted such an honor. The Red & Purple has been part of the Atlantic community for 10 years now AND we are still quite happy outside the confines of the easy reach of laggy Luna. Still… the official town banner was only really half of what the staff designed.

I also remember that porter hub on Pacific for the event, and unlike the very trustworthy Andrasta, it ended in disaster as many people lost their teleporter pads to shifty actions. I’m very thankful Andrasta championed the idea on Atlantic. EASILY, this establishment being so near a major landmark makes it easy to direct anyone to the building and thus an easy passage to the Red & Purple town. No runes needed. Not only do I own a passage way… I use others all the time.

Player history of the UO shards goes back a very long way into townships, long before this program started. It was very exciting to learn they were starting this banner program, back before it started. They also made mention even then that shards would have these “Luna Township Portals” and I’ve actually been very disappointed we are still waiting for ours. Considering how dropped advertisement runes vanish fast due to thieves with nothing better to do, newer players could use these hubs to get around with greater ease… and until they have dependable magery and rune collections. I think this Luna hub is long overdue… and I can only thank Andrasta for taking up the slack. EVERY shard needs the public hub to keep things consistent because not everyone knows about the Goodman’s hub. And still… that’s just Atlantic.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Andrasta for championing this for us. Atlantic is one of the oldest and most populated shards there is. It has a wealth of diversity in player styles. Everyone would benefit from a teleporter hub.

I hope this gets approved.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen people exploring this building and the places it leads to all the time. It is a nice hub for the community of Atlantic. I think it is nicely done!

Pink Dragoness

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in support of this type of community envolvement for portals, it could enhance game value especially for a newer player. Until Andrasta house, only way I seen alot the town banners was during my Treasure Map hunting.
Lets git er dun (*crosses fingers*)

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima has a history of centralized teleportation. You may remember that Ultima 7 Serpent Isle (1993) had a teleport room that took you to locations all over that world:

Personally, I love Andrasta's idea. :thumbup: Maybe once the house of teleports is set up, we could have a contest to name it. I think the the original name for the Blue Crane Portal was Nexus. Whatever it's called, the name needs to instantly tell players what it is. (I always think of it as the Bus Station.)

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, Ahu,
Tazar calls it the teleporter hub. Now, that's a great name: everybody'd know what that means; 'cept, of course, any poor blue cranes standing about waiting for the bus.