• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Black Gate Walkthrough

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pillow makes great Deco. I'm sure it would sell on other shards for gold to buy a horse and do Artisan festivals.
Very easy to get.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
ty ive been curious about this! Now can someone make an announcement to announce there is an announcement and give hints relating to this coming soon to my server?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please fix the mixed content warnings when visiting the stratics frontpage?
When visiting Stratics Central - MMORPG Strategy and Statistics I get warnings in Chrome about mixed content on stratics.

Mixed Content: The page at 'The Black Gate Walkthrough - Stratics Central' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://stratics.com/wp-includes/js/wp-emoji-release.min.js?ver=5.3.4'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
Mixed Content: The page at 'The Black Gate Walkthrough - Stratics Central' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://stratics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/lotro_bg.jpg'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

This is nothing new as it has been that way since like forever. Someone should edit the old articles and change the http-links to https ones.

In your walk-through I'm missing at least one picture, because it is loaded via http as well (http://stratics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/TreasuredSacrificeQuestItems.png).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you please fix the mixed content warnings when visiting the stratics frontpage?
When visiting Stratics Central - MMORPG Strategy and Statistics I get warnings in Chrome about mixed content on stratics.

Mixed Content: The page at 'The Black Gate Walkthrough - Stratics Central' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://stratics.com/wp-includes/js/wp-emoji-release.min.js?ver=5.3.4'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
Mixed Content: The page at 'The Black Gate Walkthrough - Stratics Central' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://stratics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/lotro_bg.jpg'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

This is nothing new as it has been that way since like forever. Someone should edit the old articles and change the http-links to https ones.

In your walk-through I'm missing at least one picture, because it is loaded via http as well (http://stratics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/TreasuredSacrificeQuestItems.png).
Need to tag @Nexus for things like this.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone post cords of the ginseng ? I have spent an hour running around northern brit looking for it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, have a question about this quest..... everyone rushing about getting it done, is this temporary or a permanent addition like the training quests in Haven

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs said it is not ending soon. There is no reason for them to remove it until next year. It is part of the fall content. UO Newsletter #50

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any other fall content coming? Halloween? Christmas? Holidays?
If this is the only fall content, it's unfortunate that it's only once-per-character, I think.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok where do i get the vial of blood from the troll from, can't find a troll near any bridge nor where julias ghost is. Nothing in the walkthrough that is obvious. Got all the other seven items just cannot find this blood. The walkthough says : First, you must collect a vial of blood from where Julia was slain to reconnect her spirit to this plane. " but it doest say where from or how, i have tried clicking her, stabbing her, looking on every bridge near the joint. Help appreciated.

No matter found it on the Cah walkthrough page, @Larissa may want to make a note of where that blood is on the stratics walkthrough. Thing is I had been all over the bridges and waked the road back and forward between minoc and vesper and didnt notice that pile of blood. Talk about frustrating.

Thanks for the work guys

Last edited:

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not at gaming PC so can't give coords now. But if you head east from the bridge at the minoc mines, into the woods, there is a pool of blood you click on to get your vial.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok where do i get the vial of blood from the troll from, can't find a troll near any bridge nor where julias ghost is. Nothing in the walkthrough that is obvious. Got all the other seven items just cannot find this blood. The walkthough says : First, you must collect a vial of blood from where Julia was slain to reconnect her spirit to this plane. " but it doest say where from or how, i have tried clicking her, stabbing her, looking on every bridge near the joint. Help appreciated.

No matter found it on the Cah walkthrough page, @Larissa may want to make a note of where that blood is on the stratics walkthrough. Thing is I had been all over the bridges and waked the road back and forward between minoc and vesper and didnt notice that pile of blood. Talk about frustrating.

Thanks for the work guys
cross the east bridge and head straight into the woods.
there will be a pool of blood on the ground.
double click it

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks MissE....the only hint you get in game is "From where Julia was slain"...and "The troll still torments the bridge North of Vesper and East of Minoc where Julia was last killed"

So from those 2 hints (And no, the troll does not exist in the game anywhere, it was just a hint as to where to look for her blood) you know what general area to look for her blood.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question...if I start the quest on shard A and participate on the 8 initial parts and not pick up those shard bound rewards, can I still have credit for those and get items to turn in for the virtue tile on Shard B?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Question...if I start the quest on shard A and participate on the 8 initial parts and not pick up those shard bound rewards, can I still have credit for those and get items to turn in for the virtue tile on Shard B?
No, they are shard bound.

You can choose the reward and see if someone can do it on your shard.
And when they have completed the quest, trade.

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using an endless journey account to do the quest, I can do half of it but the click items like the scroll, blood and ginger wont let me pick it up. Anyone have info about that? kinda stinks to be allowed to do everything but those so I cant do the entire quest.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm using an endless journey account to do the quest, I can do half of it but the click items like the scroll, blood and ginger wont let me pick it up. Anyone have info about that? kinda stinks to be allowed to do everything but those so I cant do the entire quest.
I heard that you can get those items from a paying account and use them to turn in the quest

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that you can get those items from a paying account and use them to turn in the quest
I did the quest on 7 toons on a paying account, it only let me get one of each clicky item per character. Only thing that I could get extra of was the sage off the controllers.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I did the quest on 7 toons on a paying account, it only let me get one of each clicky item per character. Only thing that I could get extra of was the sage off the controllers.
EJ chars can pay someone else for the item that is needed for the quest.
EJ chars can pick up the quest, but can't get the item themselves.
They can get the reward at the end, if they have all items.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
EJ chars can pay someone else for the item that is needed for the quest.
EJ chars can pick up the quest, but can't get the item themselves.
They can get the reward at the end, if they have all items.
OOPS! I can see a nerf hovercraft approaching in the horizon for this! :devil:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OOPS! I can see a nerf hovercraft approaching in the horizon for this! :devil:
I doubt it... for the EJ account to get those pieces they need a paying account to get it which means that they either need to pay for that item or use their paid account to get it (if using a paid account might as well do they quest on that account).

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
so, have a question about this quest..... everyone rushing about getting it done, is this temporary or a permanent addition like the training quests in Haven
The quest is still alive and licking err kicking, just about finished it once again this time I am trying to help friends with a tile, just have the UEV to do

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's still active. I was struggling to find Shamino's bones. It's at the entrance to level 4 of Hythloth.

The walkthrough is vague. The player wiki avoids spoilers.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How is the walkthrough vague? It takes you step by step...hence a walkthrough...and yes there are spoilers because again...it's a walkthrough...

There are others out there, sorry if mine didn't help you, it helped many others :)

And yes it's still active.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is the walkthrough vague? It takes you step by step...hence a walkthrough...and yes there are spoilers because again...it's a walkthrough...

There are others out there, sorry if mine didn't help you, it helped many others :)

And yes it's still active.
" Once you are in the bowls of this horrid place, search the ground for the fallen rangers bones. " Vague.

1651328964331.png

Not Vague.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You said you didn't want spoilers....

And *In the bowls* and *In the depths* kinda means all the way down...yes? At least to most people.

No matter....many other people were able to find it with my *vague* description.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You said you didn't want spoilers....

And *In the bowls* and *In the depths* kinda means all the way down...yes? At least to most people.

No matter....many other people were able to find it with my *vague* description.
I'm sorry for saying it's vague. I didn't consider it an exceptionally bad criticism. I did not find it helpful so I mentioned it. Maybe next time I will find one of your articles helpful. As it is now, it tells little more than the PLAYER WIKI that I said was avoiding spoilers. As in the one on UO.com. I never said I didn't want spoilers. I felt they had a reason to be vague and a "walkthrough" did not.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait, did you seriously take my supporter banner over this? I had it yesterday. She totally took my supporter banner. Petemage still has his. LOL

@Captn Norrington @Nexus

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have no control over that. I am in charge of content, I don't do anything on the backend of the site. Talk to @Nexus. It should not have gone away. I would not do anything so petty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait, did you seriously take my supporter banner over this? I had it yesterday. She totally took my supporter banner. Petemage still has his. LOL

@Captn Norrington @Nexus
They took it off a long time ago, after you told us in unleased how you got it.

But Ya Larissa did it. :devil:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have no control over that. I am in charge of content, I don't do anything on the backend of the site. Talk to @Nexus. It should not have gone away. I would not do anything so petty.
Thank you. Probably a timer thing? Sorry to insinuate. I trust you did not.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I donated a 2nd time legit weeks later and got it back. Also, the first time was nothing nefarious. I noticed the bug and mentioned it immediately.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Shut up Allen! Geesh....lettin all my secrets out! ;)

but no seriously....I wouldn't have the first clue how to do that...I don't touch the backend of the site....I would probably break it! I will let Nexus know in Discord so he can take a look.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shut up Allen! Geesh....lettin all my secrets out! ;)

but no seriously....I wouldn't have the first clue how to do that...I don't touch the backend of the site....I would probably break it! I will let Nexus know in Discord so he can take a look.
No rush, again sorry.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you. Probably a timer thing? Sorry to insinuate. I trust you did not.
It is a timer thing, when you donate you get the supporter banner for 1 month then it rolls off. Your last donation was March 28th, so it expired.