• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The best pet?

M

mookin1

Which is the overall best pet for a tamer to use? There's the Cu sidhe, the Hiry, the rune beetle, which is the best overall? The hiryu seems to do insane damage, and I don't know much about the rune beetle or Cu sidhe. Does the CU Sidhe even do damage? According to the chart they do 0-0 damage.

G

I haven't found any one single overall or all-round best pet. Since I tend to match pet damage/resists against the damage/resists of whatever I'm planning on attacking, I'm more of a Best Pet for the Task girl, myself.

As far as cu sidhe damage, well, since you're on Europa, I'll gladly invite you to my Felly shack where you can see for yourself what damage is done by a trained pup.

Serious offer, by the way, and I'll even promise to res you afterwards, too.

M

mookin1

Would you be interested in selling a couple of Cu sidhes? My friend and I both need one but we can't get into the dungeon where they are found.

G

I'd gladly give you a couple, but better than that I'll take you to Heartwood where you can nab the Dreadhorn quest (no need to kill Dreadhorn, just need the quest to pass through the sparklies) so you can enter Twisted Weald where elves with enough tame/lore can tame their own.

PM me and we'll do that.

M

minick

If you're on Chesapeke you can have your choice of 3 colored cus: rose, dk blue, and lgt blue. That goes for anyone on the shard. I planned on selling them but I think just the rose has only the slightest demand..btw none are trained.

Maynard

M

mookin1

I have the quest, but how do I get into the twisted weald? I can't find the entrance, been checking dungeons near the spirituality shrine.

F

frodofeet

My personal favourite atm is the Cu Sidhe. They may not kill as fast as other pets, and their lack of magic can slow things down sometimes, but their survivablity is amazing. They heal themselves, they heal you, and they'll even rez your 1 slot pet if it dies
If I had to pick just one pet it would be the Cu. Great for lazy tamers

As for best overall multi-purpose I would have to pick Mare/Rune Beetle combo. The beetle tanks really well and has wicked poison, and both are strong magic users. Just make sure the beetle goes in first as the Mare can't really take the hits from tougher monsters.

But as others have said, it depends on the situation, which is why pretty much every tamer has a variety of pets for different tasks.

To give you an example, fighting Swoop with a Cu will take forever, and if it flies on some rocks you are stuffed because the Cu hasn't any magic. Take a Mare/Rune and Swoop goes down in half the time, even if it goes out of melee range.

Hiryus are great, but I think they're ugly, which is why I don't use them.
Dragon/WW are also great, but they are so big they often get in the way. Although before the Rune Beetle appeared my favourite combo was Mare/Dragon.

If I was told I had to clear my stable and only keep 3 pets, it would be a Cu Sidhe, Mare, Rune Beetle