• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Beginning

Swindle

Visitor
How did I get here? What am I doing?

Capture.PNG

Why are my feet warm so warm?
Capture2.PNG

I was told they do this to everyone, but the look of satisfaction on their faces makes me think otherwise...
This is the life of a thief; staying in the shadows, eating rats, and wearing piss stained clothes.

I decided to take my newly *clears throat* 'dyed' robe and wonderful footwear to find a mark and prove my worthiness to wear the badge of thief and follow in the footsteps of Chad the Sexy.
But where to begin? where do I find a mark? It has been years and years since I have adventured across these strange lands and the world has grown and become unrecognizable since.

I was told of a mines in the strange foreign lands that I have never ventured, so I put on my robe, donned my best Ostard cosplay, and headed out to prove my prowess!
Capture3.PNG

I walked and walked through the dungeon, weaving, dodging - mostly Yomotsu dung - until I reached the end of the mines and to my surprise, a mark! Finally, I'll be able to find some treasure! riches beyond my wildest dreams! I can finally afford to purchase the large crate to live in, instead of my current small pouch! But what does he have for me?

A backpack of crap! oh look more dung to ignore! exceptionally crafted instruments, a little gold, and an empty bag!
Capture5.PNG

Lastly, something to tease me! As I try to steal this Tokuno Dye only to find my conscious tells me that I do not want this item and it is not useful to me, I tell it that I do, indeed, want this dye. But ultimately, I can't bring myself to steal it...
Capture6.PNG

As I sit around for a bit waiting for some special or rare item to drop into Olidammara's pack, I get bored and decide to try a different location, writing this off as another failure in a long line for poor lil' ol' me.

When suddenly... A wild Tokuno Dye appears on the ground and I get the sudden urge to catch them all! Dr. O has no idea I'm here and has decided to drop the best item he has in his pack! But, can I make it in time?
Capture7.PNG

I dash over to the dye, forgetting about the massive amount of Yomotsu dung on the ground - By the way, its true what they say, you do relieve your bowels upon death - by the time I reach the dye, I drop down into a full bagball slide to snatch the dye before Mr. O does!
Capture8.PNG

Ha! I made it, the treasure is mine, I am the victor, I am the winner, and I smell like dung and blood! Is this the life of a thief? Can I call myself that yet? I mean I basically covered myself in dung to get this and I didn't even reach within Mr. O's pockets to get it, is that fair? Should I even care? Off to put it on my vendor!
Capture9.PNG

Before I venture home to my small pouch, maybe I should check Luna for an easy mark? Wait, whats this, someone just sitting at the bank, unaware, am I back in rainbow kitty land again? Who would do such a thing here? Well, I must protect this citizen from evil, by removing anything of value from their pockets. Who would want to harm someone who has nothing?
Capture10.PNG

Hmmm... I don't see much of anything that would be worth stealing from this fine citizen, especially with so many watchful eyes. But, hey I came all this way, might as well go home with something shiny! This ring should fit the ticket, let me relieve this fine citizen of his goods before some evildoer decides to relive him of his life.
Capture11.png

*GASP* He is gone! Disappeared! No longer within view! Was I too late, did this poor sole ascend to the heavens, with all of his worldly possessions?
Capture12.PNG

Wait... No... I knew I should have cleaned the Yomoto dung off of my robe before trying to be sneaky, He must of smelled me and I spooked him, apparently the smell of ammonia and Yomotsu is enough to reveal even the seasoned of shadow walkers!

Well, I might as well go home a lick my w.... Wait he is back! ha! I've already seen within his pack and know exactly where the item I want to claim is, fool! How dare he taunt me so! That ring, is m... WAIT! NOT SO FAST! DON'T RUN! I HAVE COOKIES!!!!!!
Capture13.PNG

No, he is running to the gate! If he makes it I will loose my prize, my shiny, my chance to save his life! I hope he is not quick to the draw or at least he is slow in the head.

HA Gotcha! One second too late, that ring is mine and mine alone. Now begone weary traveler, I have saved your life today, you are no longer a target for evil doers and I now have a shiny to take home to my small pouch.
Capture14.PNG

Another day, another 3gp to add to my savings, one day that large crate will be mine, no more small pouch for Swindle!
Capture15.PNG

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny , my client says "Which item will you attempt to steal"...yours says "Target The Item To Steal" with every word capitalized.. and then that weird "Ready To Steal Something!" line..interesting stuff..details ?

Swindle

Visitor
Hmm interesting indeed! it says 'select the clothing to dye' when I click my black dye tub to set last target. I really don't know what you are talking about. These certainly are strange times we live in with strange messages for strange people.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Funny , my client says "Which item will you attempt to steal"...yours says "Target The Item To Steal" with every word capitalized.. and then that weird "Ready To Steal Something!" line..interesting stuff..details ?
It seems the OP is now edited and the lines you refer to are no longer there...