• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Baja Roleplaying and Event Survey.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can view the original thread here.

Thread created to gather information and opinions regarding Roleplaying on Baja and how it can be improved upon.

Inspired by the Europa Roleplaying Survey [CORE/ERPA].

Please Private Message me your answers. Information will remain confidential unless you choose to reply publicly with your answers.

Name and Guild Affiliations.

What do you actively log in for?

How often do you log in when there is nothing 'Planned'?

What is your prefered playstyle aside from Roleplaying?

What do you enjoy about Roleplay on the Baja Shard?

What do you not enjoy about Roleplay on the Baja Shard?

What do you enjoy about EM Events on the Baja Shard?

What do you not enjoy about EM Events on the Baja Shard?

What types of events do you enjoy? Player and EM.

Would you like to see more spontaneous roleplay?

Would you like to see more scripted scenarios and storylines? Player and EM.

Would you be interested in more Roleplaying Tavern Nights?

Would you be interested in roleplaying a Pirate?

Would you be interested in participating in RPvP Scenarios (i.e. Pirates and Bandits versus the Town Guard) and Roleplayed Wars?

Would you be interested in watching or participating in Baja Shard Plays and Theatrical Events? (i.e. Neo's Day Out.)

What is your most memorable Player Run or Historical Event Moment on the Baja Shard?

Have you attended the All Shards Tavern Night on Baja? If so what did you like or dislike about it.

Have you attended the BRPA Baja Taming Hour? If so what did you like or dislike about it.

Have you attended the Best Shot in the Realms Tournement? If so what did you like or dislike about it?

What Time Zone do you currently live in?

What is the best time for you to participate in Baja Player and EM Events?

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Roleplaying Alliance GMs and Leaders?

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Event Moderators?

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Community Leaders where applicable? (e.g. SI, M!S, S|A, et. al.)​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part 2.

Select those questions you have an opinion on.

1. Would you be interested in roleplaying a Town or Royal Guard?

2. Would you be interested in joining or forming a Player Run Village? If so what do you look for in a Village?

3. What is your preferred genre? Why?

Low or Heroic Fantasy? (Conan the Barbarian, The Song of Ice and Fire, et. al.) The emphasis is on character development. Good and Evil are relative.

High Fantasy? (Elves, Dwarves, Faeries, Lord of the Rings, et. al.) There being numerous fantasy races. Tends to have one great evil. (Sauron / Mondain.)

Historical Romanticism / Realism? (Emphasis on Medievalism and reconstruction of cultures such as Dark Age Europe or Feudal Japan / China.)

Gothic Horror? (Vampires, Werewolves, Zombie Apocalypse, et. al.)

Post Apocalyptic Fantasy? The world has just survived catastrophe and the emphasis is on the struggle to rebuild and survive.

Other.

4. Have you played a previous Ultima Title?

5. Do you enjoy events that are structured and include prizes (i.e. Scavenger Hunts, Murder Mysteries, etc.) or informal roleplaying gatherings? (i.e. Tavern Nights, Festivals, Spontaneous World RP, etc.)

6. What was your favorite part about the War of Shadows Storyarc? What was your least favorite part? Were you satisfied with the outcome?

7. What was your favorite part about the Britannian Purity League / Prophecies Foretold Storyarc? What was your least favorite part? Were you satisfied with the outcome?

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your prefered playstyle aside from Roleplaying?

ANY

What do you enjoy about Roleplay on the Baja Shard?

THE PEOPLE

What do you not enjoy about Roleplay on the Baja Shard?

NOTHING

What types of events do you enjoy? Player and EM.

YES

Would you like to see more spontaneous roleplay?

YES

Would you like to see more scripted scenarios and storylines? Player and EM.

YES

Would you be interested in more Roleplaying Tavern Nights?

YES

Would you be interested in roleplaying a Pirate?

HELL YES

Would you be interested in participating in RPvP Scenarios (i.e. Pirates and Bandits versus the Town Guard) and Roleplayed Wars?

ABSOF&^*IN'LUTLY

Have you attended the Best Shot in the Realms Tournement? If so what did you like or dislike about it?

EVERYONES GOT A CHANCE

What Time Zone do you currently live in?

PACIFIC... THINK.. SUBJECT TO CHANGE

What is the best time for you to participate in Baja Player and EM Events?

NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS WHENEVA

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Roleplaying Alliance GMs and Leaders?

YUP

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Event Moderators?

YUP

Do you consent to me sharing this information with Baja Community Leaders where applicable? (e.g. SI, M!S, S|A, et. al.)

YUP YUP

1. Would you be interested in roleplaying a Town or Royal Guard?

GUARDS... MEH WHY NOT. NEVER TRIED

2. Would you be interested in joining or forming a Player Run Village? If so what do you look for in a Village?

YEA, GOOD STRUCTURE, HISTORY, REALISM.

3. What is your preferred genre? Why?

Low or Heroic Fantasy? (Conan the Barbarian, The Song of Ice and Fire, et. al.) The emphasis is on character development. Good and Evil are relative.

High Fantasy? (Elves, Dwarves, Faeries, Lord of the Rings, et. al.) There being numerous fantasy races. Tends to have one great evil. (Sauron / Mondain.)

Historical Romanticism / Realism? (Emphasis on Medievalism and reconstruction of cultures such as Dark Age Europe or Feudal Japan / China.)

Gothic Horror? (Vampires, Werewolves, Zombie Apocalypse, et. al.)

Post Apocalyptic Fantasy? The world has just survived catastrophe and the emphasis is on the struggle to rebuild and survive.

ALL OF THE ABOVE! MELTIN' POT FTW!

4. Have you played a previous Ultima Title?

PC GAME WISE? YEA

5. Do you enjoy events that are structured and include prizes (i.e. Scavenger Hunts, Murder Mysteries, etc.) or informal roleplaying gatherings? (i.e. Tavern Nights, Festivals, Spontaneous World RP, etc.)

YEP