• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Arcanist Quest in Sanctuary

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I found out that I needed to do a few quests so I could use my soulstone to obtain the Spellweaving skills. So, I headed off to a place called Sanctuary. I had never heard of the place before now.

I was breaking in a "new character." I tossed on a template with the Standard Mage Template. I Pick up the quest to kill the ogres within the sanctuary. Holy crap! I haven't killed a single Ogre maybe 10 deaths later. Wow. This game is not for new players. And, I'm not even a new player in the sense of having to skills developed.

Magery
Evaluate
Meditation
Resist Spells
Wrestling

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am not sure which quest you are on... but the only ones needed to be able to train in Spellweaving are:

Patience: Patience - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

or

Discipline: Discipline - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Once you complete either of those you should be able to stone the skill off. The only other 2 quests that are mandatory are the ones you need to cast the spells Summon Fey and Summon Fiend.

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I decked myself out with the armor provided by the $20 starter pack from the in game store. It actually is pretty dang good stuff. I tossed on some "really good" jewelry, a staff, shield, and some sandals with stats. It was far faster than trying to dig through my pile of 10 year old year trying to mix and match things together.

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
THe tool tip said I could not use the soulstone with the spellweaving ability on it until I did the arcanist quest.

Actually, the Arcanist quest in game is different than the information on that website. THere's nothing about killing ogres on the website as the first quest.

Last edited:

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Facepalm. I'm going back to *insert game here*. I'll still subscribe. But, I'm waiting for the new shard to come out.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You're not paying attention.

There's two quests to unlock spellweaving. They're hyperlinked above. You're trying to do the lot harder one.
Go try the other one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
"You must complete the arcanist quest before you can absorb these spell weaving skill points."

I do admit they have that very poorly worded. You either have to do the Patience or Discipline quests, that's all. Their message should reflect that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're not paying attention.

There's two quests to unlock spellweaving. They're hyperlinked above. You're trying to do the lot harder one.
Go try the other one.
No he is doing the wrong one. Koole gives a few quests, One of them is the Weaver quest. You kill rats in Sanctuary below ground. It does not get much easier than killing rats. The other quests Koole has, gives bags of treasure that were good when ML came out but not now.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
The reason there are 2 quests is because reds cannot enter heartwood. So they do “discipline” in the Sanctuary if they wish to learn spellweaving.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"You must complete the arcanist quest before you can absorb these spell weaving skill points."
Koole has other quests also. You cancel the others until he gives you the one named Discipline. When you complete it he wont offer it again and you can do the other quests he gives if you desire. Find a dirt tile that lets you go below graound and kill rats, just run around and kill rats and avoid the rat men. If you go to the end of the S tunnel you pop out of sanctuary and have to go back in.

Say dungeon Sanctuary at a corrupted portal to get to the entrance.

The reason there are 2 quests is because reds cannot enter heartwood. So they do “discipline” in the Sanctuary if they wish to learn spellweaving.
I take NOOBs to the Sanctuary because the rats are right there and easier to kill than metal beasts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I often die on the way in/out of the sanctuary, especially in fel.
I tell them to just run! Often I have to res them when we arrive. I used to live there when ML came out, doing those bottle quests and kill X quests. lots of passages that you have to hit just right or you get stuck.