• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Announcement/Livestream

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What did you think about the announcement/livestream?

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was great, myself. In all of his interviews (That I've seen), I don't think he's never told the story about how Mondain was a character from an english paper he wrote..

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I feel like a little girl, clapping my hands frantically because I believe in fairies!
So I whipped out my plastic and skipped on over to Kickstarter.

RG is perhaps one of the most influential and creative people of our time. He belongs on the same page as Steve Jobs.

Ok - done gushing (lol).

I am getting excited again about gaming - and that's something.

*edit*
hey - can i link to the kickstarter from my siggy? wanna get funding for this!

Last edited:

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds interesting and I'll be watching how it unfolds. There were some interesting ideas, some that were a bit meh, and some that were a little unusual. The whole multiplayer aspect reminds me of Dark Souls a bit where there are other players "there" but not. Other player influences sort of bleed in to your own game. I think anyone who has played it will understand what I mean.

At least it seems to be something a bit different.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thought to post a copy of an email that was sent out yesterday on some details about updates and the next live stream.

3 days into the Kickstarter and we’ve been receiving tons of great feedback, probably more than we received in the last year through our social campaign to find out what people want! Based on one of the most common concerns, we’re making a few small changes.

First, the game can be played offline, no connection required. The character used for the offline version of the game will not be useable in the online version of the game for obvious exploit/hacking reasons. We are going to investigate ways to export your online character to the single player version of the game but the offline character will not be importable into the online version.
Second, the offline single player version of the game for those who purchase it through KickStarter will not use any form of DRM. We had been holding off on committing to that because we don’t know what our final distribution system (Steam, GOG, etc) is going to be and some of them use DRM. We may have DRM of some sort on post-KS sales but we’ll commit to keeping KS versions DRM and “phone home” free for the single player version once launched.
Third, the offline single player of the game will not have any microtransactions. We know this is kind of a no-brainer since it is offline but we wanted to be perfectly clear on that since there was some vagueness in a few statements in one of our video chats.
Also, we’ll get some more exciting news about swag to you in writing tomorrow. We thought hour long video chats were the best way to answer questions but we’re finding we really need more written updates. Also, for those that prefer in depth videos we’ll get another hour long video chat setup this week!

Last edited: