• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Anniversary of the Trinsic Invasion (OOC)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking through the BNN Archive on UOHerald earlier, and discovered that this month is the ten year anniversary to Juo'nar's Invasion of Trinsic. A decade has passed since one of the most memorable events in Ultima Online History.

Are there any plans being made by any of the roleplaying communities to commemorate this event?

And for those who might not know what I'm talking about.

quig said:
Holy! Not everyones played UO for 10 years, I have no idea what that even is. But if somethings happening im all for more events!
The Trinsic Invasion remains one of the most important events in Ultima Online History and Lore. It is to veterans what the Magincian Invasion is to most of the younger players. It was well thought out. It was well executed. It included a good storyline. And most players who were around at the time could probably tell you a story or two about what happened to them during the attack and the subsequent counterstrike.

It was the culmination of a long storyline alternatively known as the Second War of Darkness or the Revenge of the Dark Enchantress. Lady Minax, the principle antagonist of the era, sought to conquer Britannia and subjugate its citizens in retaliation for the Stranger's murder of her master and lover Mondain the Wizard (principle antagonist of the original Ultima). She recruited a series of generals including Malabelle, G'Thunk and G'Splat, Keeonean, and Juo'nar; tasking them with the destruction or subjugation of Britannia's various cities. The generals each had their various stories; Juo'nar being a villain from an earlier storyline, while Malabelle was an innocent sorceress who was being manipulated by Minax.

Trinsic, the Sentinel of the South, was the first to fall under the sway of the Dark Enchantress. I was not there; but I believe there was a whole event cycle around attempting to defend the city. But the players were meant to inevitably fail, allowing Juo'nar to move in and construct the Black Temple (still visible in the Feluccian Trinsic on all shards).

Towards the end of the War, General Dupre leads a massive counter-assault (including many of the players) in an attempt to retake the city. Juo'nar was a powerful boss that was actually controlled by a Seer (an older and much more powerful version of the event moderators we now have). Trinsic was restored and volia!

But peace was not to last. While Lord British and the Britannian Forces were winning, he decided it was better to retreat to a new (magically created) world than try to protect his people in the old one. So he created the World of Light and Virtue; otherwise known as Trammel. The Second War continues to wage in Felucca as the Factions: The True Britannians and the Council of Mages belonging to the Good Side, Minax and the Shadowlords belonging to the Evil.

There is my cliffnotes version of the Trinsic Invasion. I'm sure someone else can tell it better.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A play would be awesome. But I'm pretty sure I'm not up to the task of constructing something for Baja's enjoyment. I'd be more than happy to help out though.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Golden Knights have recently returned; and it was Kita Talith (the returning leader) who was responsible for many of Baja's early plays and theatrical events.

If anyone were to direct such an event, she would be the one.

S

Skylocke

I am on Atlantic and have decided to make my library's opening topic History, with a focus on the Trinsic Invasion to commemorate the 10th anniversary.

There are a bunch of books that I am going to put up for whoever wishes to read them regarding the Trinsic battles. In the mean time, though, there is a writing contest about it. Feel free to check it out in the Atlantic news section! :)

S

Skylocke

Aye, that is the one.

I just went through some more books and have a good 30-40 soley dedicated to the Trinsic event and its major players. I need to dig around some more and find information on the lesser players and auxillary events to the major one. The rest of the library will be fleshed out with other history tomes (keeping in spirit with the theme of History) until I change the theme.

I will announce when the books are all available to be looked at. Depending on the level of interest, I may try to host an event there where people who have been around a long time can come and share tales from 10+ years ago. Stories and information from years ago that have helped shape the way things have turned out today.

We'll see about that, though. I'm just having a blast collecting all these books and cataloguing them!

Elijah Cross

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, that is the one.

I just went through some more books and have a good 30-40 soley dedicated to the Trinsic event and its major players. I need to dig around some more and find information on the lesser players and auxillary events to the major one. The rest of the library will be fleshed out with other history tomes (keeping in spirit with the theme of History) until I change the theme.

I will announce when the books are all available to be looked at. Depending on the level of interest, I may try to host an event there where people who have been around a long time can come and share tales from 10+ years ago. Stories and information from years ago that have helped shape the way things have turned out today.

We'll see about that, though. I'm just having a blast collecting all these books and cataloguing them!
Is there any way at all someone, anyone, can post the in world story fiction concerning the old Trinsic Invasion here on the forums? I'm wanting that for in game book form for posterity.

Thank you.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you so very much for that link, Judas! Very impressive material, superb writing. This will do nicely I believe.
No problem, glad to have been of help and hope it helps with whatever you needed the information for. Those were definitely some of my favorite times in UO.