• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Age of the Average Atlantic Player...

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

After attending the EM event today on Atlantic, I have begun to wonder...what is the age of the average Atlantic player?

Judging by the behavior of several at the event, I would wager a guess of about 12-13 years old.

Is there any good reason to spam spells and act like a general a$$hat at these events?

A few notes to the EMs that may read this:

- As soon as someone starts spamming, send them to macro jail.
- If you are going to display something, make sure you make enough room so that players cannot block what you are displaying.
- If you can do this...simply DELETE any dragons or large pets brought into building.

Events like these can be entertaining for the players that actually want to participate, so it would be a real shame to let a few idiots ruin it for everyone else.

We appreciate your work, and your commitment to make UO a better experience for us all.

Thank You.

T

Tazar

Sadly, these powers you wish the EM's to use are powers that they do not have... they can not delete, or teleport, or even squelch players....

Would be nice though!!!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Sadly, these powers you wish the EM's to use are powers that they do not have... they can not delete, or teleport, or even squelch players....

Would be nice though!!!
Someone kicked a spammer out, and the EM said "Some people need to learn to behave" immediately after that.

So if the EM didn't do it, perhaps a GM did.

If it takes a GM, why not have a GM present, but hidden, at these events?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

No, I know of at least one person that was removed.

Is there a reason I should not complain about people trying to ruin the event?? It seems as much my right to complain as it was their right to cause problems.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and SHE is RIGHT

A GM needs to be present if they are the only ones with such powers.

Pet should not be allowed into event speach ares PERIOD

Spell casting in the event area should be shut off COMPLETLEY

if ANY char repeats the same line more than 2 times he should be removed

If oyu dont like this oyu are prob one of the gimp idiots who was there spamming spells or words, and dont have the intestinal fortitude to stand up for what is right.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mind you, look on the bright side, it could have been worse.... I could have been there :O *lightning strike*

BARTON

T

Tazar

The event gives you a week to complete the tasks and report back next Saturday - so there is still a good venue for your mayhem... still time for you to complete that quest too! Start by reading the book in the councilor's hall...

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you guys shouldnt let your kids play!!! :p
My kid could care less about UO, he just had a daughter and made me a granpa, tells ya the age region huh?

I believe, saddly, there are non children doing the spamming....I know, adult brats.....the EM's need more control.

A

Allworth

Would be nice though!!!
I don't see any reason why they wouldnt give the EM'S squelch ability I am pretty sure they used to have it long ago, I know we did as counselor's. We had strict guidelines as to when to use it but this was one of the times we could of.