• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] The Acropolis Live Auction

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last I talked to Cap there weren't that many submissions and we had discussed changing the frequency of the auctions.

Last edited:

Superflea

Seasoned Veteran
Supporter
I think the once a month auctions are the way to go. Gives the providers ample time to get good items submitted and for people to save/earn more gold for buying power.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would support once or twice a month, depending on your back log of submissions.

My other suggestion would be to try to limit the auction to roughly two hours to keep people's attention and still be able to focus on the more unique auction items. Maybe cut out or turn away some of the less useful submissions (i.e., when someone throws in a bag of 20 useless jewels with no reserve, maybe direct them to use VS).

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Auction #57 will be held on Monday, April 26th at 7 PM Eastern Time.

Auction submissions for this week are currently closed, but items are being accepted for the next auction.

Total Sales: 370 million
No Sales: 2/27

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After consulting with Dryzzid and others from the community, we've decided to change the Acropolis Auction from a weekly auction, to a monthly auction. Part of it is because of a decreased amount of submissions per week compared to when we started, and part of it is because of my increasingly unstable work schedule in real life which has caused too many auction cancellations lately.

The plan going forward is to have one Acropolis Auction per month, which will be announced here as usual, encompassing all submissions from that month.

There are currently 0 submissions for the auction that ordinarily would have been tomorrow, so to give ourselves the most time possible to collect items this month, the next auction will be Monday, May 24th at 7 PM eastern time in the same place as always.

That auction will also most likely be hosted by Dryzzid, instead of me, and we may switch back and forth on who hosts each auction after that as our work schedules permit. You can still submit items to the mailbox at my in town Luna house as usual even if I'm not hosting the auction if you want to, I'll just move them to the appropriate boxes in the auction house for Dryzzid to use.

So basically:

The next auction will be May 24th 2021 at 7 PM eastern time, hosted by @Dryzzid of Atlantic (ICQ 74503058) and item submissions can be given to either of us for it at any time.

Thank you all for your continual support of the auction, we appreciate it very much! :)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mailbox is up; We'll accept submissions there or at Cap's house just to avoid confusion in case anyone misses this thread. If necessary I can throw up a second one since we'll be going so long between auctions.

1619999560116.png

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately I won't be able to run the auction tonight as I've had a loss in my family. Submissions were low last I checked, as well. We'll have to re-evaluate the auctions going forward.

Edit: You can get a hold of me or Cap to retrieve any already submitted items.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After discussing it and evaluating our options regarding the auction, unfortunately Dryzzid and I have concluded that the Acropolis Auction will have to be closed indefinitely. Neither of us have reliable time to run it anymore due to real world commitments, and after a month of accepting submissions this last round there were only about 15 submissions from 3 people, which is not sustainable for an auction.

We'd like to thank you all very much for supporting the auction and joining us for a night of fun almost every Monday for the last year, and hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did. Multiple people have told me over the life of the auction that it was a fun escape for them during the issues of the covid-19 pandemic, and I'm very glad to have been able to contribute towards that. More than anything, I hope the friendships and connections formed as a result of the auction will continue and grow stronger.

I've restarted the Acropolis Auction multiple times over the years, so hopefully we'll all be able to return for more fun one day :)

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, just give it time, people will get the itch for it again, seems we usually do.......and thanks guys !

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you to all who came and participated in the auctions and visited North Harbor over the last 9 or 10 months. A huge thanks to @Captn Norrington for bringing the Acropolis auctions to North Harbor and for giving up his Monday nights for nearly a year (and really - doing all the work). It's been fun!