• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 20th Veterans' Rewards are just Titles ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna
@Bleak
@Kyronix
From Publish 98 – Ultima Online
Veteran Reward Titles – selected via the titles menu
  • 16 & up: Survivor of Pagan
  • 18 & up: Ascendant of the Guardian
  • 20 & up: Wanderer of the Lost Odyssey
If so, frankly I am really disheartened....
For such a milestone achievement of customers keeping their accounts ALWAYS active for such an incredible length of time, something better then just a Title should have been awarded, at least to my opinion.
This looks, at least to me, just not right considering the exceptional milestone.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
those are just the continuation of the veteran titles that they started years ago.
no now we will have ones going all the way up to 20 years.

they also talked about a 20yr anniversary token that gives you:

• All players logging into a production shard that are at least 30 days old between September 1, 2017 12:01am ET and November 18, 2017 11:59pm ET will receive a 20th Anniversary Token.
  • The token can be used to redeem one of the following,
    • Confetti Canon, fires a confetti bomb into the air when used.
    • Platinum Dragon Statue, animates when used and is engraved with 1 of 30 different events throughout Britannia’s history.
    • Codex of Virtue Deed
    • Ultima Banner Deed
    • Scroll of Alacrity Book
    • Scroll of Transcendence Book
    • Powerscroll Book
    • Sands of Sosaria, updated with Earth Years 2013-2016
    • Ask and Answer Ball
    • Sweet 16 Anniversary Pony Mount
    • Display Case (South)
    • Display Case (East)
    • White Leather Dyetub
    • Harpsichord Deed
    • Shadow Token
    • Crystal Token
but what i think your trying to ask is where are the 20 year veteran rewards, yes?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is the gift... this is NOT new vet rewards... they haven't mentioned those yet as far as I can tell.

They are adding new titles to the menu you just get those...

The token is the Anniversary Reward... NOT your Vet rewards...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh so you think the ponds, rideable dragon and jewellery box mentioned will all be included in Vet rewards?
The only thing that might be worthwhile getting on the Anniversary list is the dragon statue and even then I have no idea where I would put them!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The token can be used to redeem one of the following,
  • Confetti Canon, fires a confetti bomb into the air when used.
  • Platinum Dragon Statue, animates when used and is engraved with 1 of 30 different events throughout Britannia’s history.
  • Codex of Virtue Deed
  • Ultima Banner Deed
  • Powerscroll Book
  • Sands of Sosaria, updated with Earth Years 2013-2016
  • Ask and Answer Ball
  • Sweet 16 Anniversary Pony Mount
  • Display Case (South)
  • Display Case (East)
  • White Leather Dyetub
  • Harpsichord Deed
  • Shadow Token
  • Crystal Token
Basically a rehash repeat other than the top two, and I guess the sands that noone wants will have a few more yrs on em. If you are on a prodo shard there are already hundreds of these around or already tossed in the bin for clean up.

The books should be able to be inscribed not just rehashed in another token or failing that put as a permanent thing on the clean up points list as Mesanna said would be possible at meet and greet. Display cases can be crafted, you cannot give away harpsichord, shadow or crystal deeds now.

Cant say I have ever seen such a disappointing token for such a landmark event.

Should of been we got ONE confetti cannon per account, and One Plat Dragon per character in a nice gift box with a token with the other junk on it and an anniversary card. Then perhaps it wouldn't feel like a huge let down.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hm.... *thinking* depends on how many chars on how many accounts could release this tokens ;) - and for what.....

craftable display case is about 2 tiles, the one from the gift token is about 3 tiles - a small difference - but could be make also craftable ....

sands of sosaria will now completed with the last years from 2013 to 2016 - means the set is now about 20 sands....

Ask and Answer ball.... no longer spawn - so to me one of the rarer balls now (i remember times where lichs or lichlords had this ball with no tags on - just for deco)

Shadows items always been nice for dark and demonish house decoration , crystal items too for the folk liking this frosty and glacial furnitures...
Shadow items for example have the globe of sosaria - a great decoration and nowadays hard to get

and yes...
all the books belongs into the scribes menu for self-crafting

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly on siege, if you weren't on there, as in my case, for any of the books which are an essential part of game play, you have the choice of using the token just to get those which are a necessity and therefore forgo the new stuff.

Old stuff should NOT be tied to the new stuff as a pick of one or the other, it seriously penalises siege players who are already behind the eightball on gifts given you only have one character on an account, unlike prodo where you get 7.

I don't know, this and the nerf to pets/taming just leaves me pretty cold. Could have been so much better even if all they did was separate the old stuff from the new and put the stuff that could be crafted on the crafting menus. But alas, it is a simple dump it all on a token thing as it is the easy way out.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sadly on siege, if you weren't on there, as in my case, for any of the books which are an essential part of game play, you have the choice of using the token just to get those which are a necessity and therefore forgo the new stuff.

Old stuff should NOT be tied to the new stuff as a pick of one or the other, it seriously penalises siege players who are already behind the eightball on gifts given you only have one character on an account, unlike prodo where you get 7.

I don't know, this and the nerf to pets/taming just leaves me pretty cold. Could have been so much better even if all they did was separate the old stuff from the new and put the stuff that could be crafted on the crafting menus. But alas, it is a simple dump it all on a token thing as it is the easy way out.
You need maybe 2 of each book suck it up and buy them instead of whining about it. I am sure people will trade you siege tokens for their shard as well or just give you them if you were to ask instead of whining excessively.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need maybe 2 of each book suck it up and buy them instead of whining about it. I am sure people will trade you siege tokens for their shard as well or just give you them if you were to ask instead of whining excessively.
She's not whining, she's voicing her opinion on something that she cares about, just like the rest of us.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She's not whining, she's voicing her opinion on something that she cares about, just like the rest of us.
Agreed she has a valid point as well. People on other shards get 7... Siege gets 1... Which makes items harder to get and more precious and sometimes very spendy...

While I get it about Xsharding .... that is very risky... and if you don't know the person you are dealing with can leave you with NOTHING. This game is full of scammers and cheats... While there is the Trade Forum that isn't a true failsafe.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the mount and Ultima banners. The rest are either worthless or only good for collectors though. I truly expected something more spectacular for the 20th anniversary. Even soulstone frag tokens would have been nice and something worth xsharding for. What good is a confetti cannon? Why all the rehashed garbage that nobody really wants or needs? The halloween stuff may prove to be interesting at least.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Come the Anniversary, you're quite welcome to have my token for Siege.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a fan anymore, hard to say that. But maybe that is not the entire gift list?

I have no idea why that list was chosen. To say players do not have most of that list or access to most of it is not true. Who are those items really for? Or maybe they were just easy choices?

I realize that is most likely the whole list and nothing will change. :( But... I think I saw the words personal bless deed on someones list of file information. Yes?

Hawkler

Visitor
I totally agree with the OP

Rewards seem Completely underwhelming, 20 years for the longest MMORPG and you get a confetti cannon? seriously? The people still playing this game are loyal fans of the game... its insulting.

Your having a wonderful party for people that can afford to attend, and a couple houses that very few will win. How about thanking the MAJORITY of your Clients with something worthy of your loyalty.

I have quit and come back multiple times but there is players out there that have played continually for 20 years most with multiple accounts, these are the people you want to Thank.. not insult

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agreed she has a valid point as well. People on other shards get 7... Siege gets 1... Which makes items harder to get and more precious and sometimes very spendy...

While I get it about Xsharding .... that is very risky... and if you don't know the person you are dealing with can leave you with NOTHING. This game is full of scammers and cheats... While there is the Trade Forum that isn't a true failsafe.
then don't play siege ffs, you guys know the restrictions going in and if you can't deal with the 1 character per account limit then go somewhere else.

Not a single book is an 'essential' part of game play.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are vet rewards in the art files. They just haven't announced them yet.

Hopefully, because they are adding more...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then don't play siege ffs, you guys know the restrictions going in and if you can't deal with the 1 character per account limit then go somewhere else.

Not a single book is an 'essential' part of game play.
Listen mate I have hundreds and hundreds of those items on prodo shard, I still have about 350 heritage tokens, at least 225 power scroll and alacrity books etc. I have 16th anni horses coming out the wazoo.

I moved to siege and found the problem with that shard is if you weren't ON IT when gifts were issued, there is no way to get them. Now most gifts that are deco don't really matter, sure some would be nice but you can do with out them. I had heaps and heaps of problems obtaining the above books when I first started and was only lucky that I was given ONE pink transcendance scroll book and since then one of each of the others. On Prodo shards you can buy all the stuff transferred by the truck load (given that every account gets 7 and xsharding allows a single account to obtain 300 odd of each gift or more), so there is no scarcity and for 50k you can go buy what you want all the time. On Siege you need to store a LOT more scrolls 105/110's as you have to bind them. Due to ROT you need to store heaps of alacrities, and pinks etc so the need for powerscroll books is vastly different to on prodo. You don't get hundreds and hundreds of the things transferred to you. You may not consider them ESSENTIAL but I assure you on siege they are.

I am not wanting more characters. And I certainly KNOW what the deal is going in on siege.

It doesn't make my point less vallid. Close to a year ago at the Meet & Greet on Siege it was bought up that new players to siege had a seriously hard time obtaining items from past gifts (and I am not talking deco items here but those items in daily use) and that there needed to be a way to obtain these items in game for current and future players. Mesanna said in relation to the books that they would be added to the clean up menu, even though the more logical thing would be to add them to the inscribe menu. But Ok that was a good solution.

So yes seeing them now dumped onto another token is pretty crap, as it will just create the same damn problem we currently have that in a yrs time new people to the shard will not have access again to items that ARE essential to game play. Years ago there were no alactrity scrolls and transcendance scrolls so there was no need for books, things change, these items are items that should be available in game in some way all the time.

Now siege players have to decide to get the scroll books that are are super scarce but needed for gameplay or get a new gift to actually celebrate the 20 yrs. It totally sucks that this is the case.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Functional items should NEVER be one-off gifts/rewards OR vet rewards. Functional items should be earned through gameplay and equally available to everyone regardless of how long or when they played. A huge part of the imbalance and hoarding issues in the game are because there isn't a solid strategy at work for how different kinds of items are distributed.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One measurement of their perceived value - how many are creating new characters just to get more rewards (I do have some open slots on some shards)?

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The conundrum... if its useful and interesting they would just throw it in the in game store... but if its some crap deco (confetti canon wtf???????) that serves no purpose its a grab bag. Heres some deco, waffles. Happy 20 years....

A one time shard transfer token or a soulstone would be nice, but hey, whatevs. Id just like to see less useless crap added to the game - UO has become a hoarders paradise. And who actually cares about this stuff?? The books should be just built into the game or something. The deco is boring af. Just dont understand the point of this. As someone above mentioned... its insulting.

Devs - the deco fest needs to be toned down a bit...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont hold ya breath for any 20th vet reward..... WE ALL KNOW......... its capped at the 15TH ...and for good reason too.....so no more about this.......[end]

Trin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont hold ya breath for any 20th vet reward..... WE ALL KNOW......... its capped at the 15TH ...and for good reason too.....so no more about this.......[end]
If you played for 20 years you should be rewarded. Not for revived accounts, but for those who have actually played for the entire 20.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Listen mate I have hundreds and hundreds of those items on prodo shard, I still have about 350 heritage tokens, at least 225 power scroll and alacrity books etc. I have 16th anni horses coming out the wazoo.

Now siege players have to decide to get the scroll books that are are super scarce but needed for gameplay or get a new gift to actually celebrate the 20 yrs. It totally sucks that this is the case.
I've heard quite a few people echo this sentiment in-game, people who have been around for a long time already have way too many of these items and even those who have only been around for 8-9 years in total, like me, have bought as many of those items as they want/need.
This leaves very little choice of gifts that are actually desirable, you can already find harpsichord deeds free on vendors and the shadow and crystal items were never that popular, often they too are free on vendors.
I'm not really interested in the cannon, so that pretty much leaves the dragon statue, which is quite cute, but I don't really want 7 of them.
Why couldn't they have made a 20th anniversary rose with your character's name on? I really don't want to bash the Devs, I know they work hard, but that list was just a bit disappointing. :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may not consider them ESSENTIAL but I assure you on siege they are.
I have them but don't use them. They are not essential, just handy. I think they should be part of the clean up system rather than a holiday gift, but...

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I moved to siege and found the problem with that shard is if you weren't ON IT when gifts were issued, there is no way to get them. Now most gifts that are deco don't really matter, sure some would be nice but you can do with out them. I had heaps and heaps of problems obtaining the above books when I first started and was only lucky that I was given ONE pink transcendance scroll book and since then one of each of the others. On Prodo shards you can buy all the stuff transferred by the truck load (given that every account gets 7 and xsharding allows a single account to obtain 300 odd of each gift or more), so there is no scarcity and for 50k you can go buy what you want all the time. On Siege you need to store a LOT more scrolls 105/110's as you have to bind them. Due to ROT you need to store heaps of alacrities, and pinks etc so the need for powerscroll books is vastly different to on prodo. You don't get hundreds and hundreds of the things transferred to you. You may not consider them ESSENTIAL but I assure you on siege they are.

I am not wanting more characters. And I certainly KNOW what the deal is going in on siege.

It doesn't make my point less vallid. Close to a year ago at the Meet & Greet on Siege it was bought up that new players to siege had a seriously hard time obtaining items from past gifts (and I am not talking deco items here but those items in daily use) and that there needed to be a way to obtain these items in game for current and future players. Mesanna said in relation to the books that they would be added to the clean up menu, even though the more logical thing would be to add them to the inscribe menu. But Ok that was a good solution.

So yes seeing them now dumped onto another token is pretty crap, as it will just create the same damn problem we currently have that in a yrs time new people to the shard will not have access again to items that ARE essential to game play. Years ago there were no alactrity scrolls and transcendance scrolls so there was no need for books, things change, these items are items that should be available in game in some way all the time.

Ya okay sounds logical to waste time adding an already worthless item to the crafting system so a siege player can craft 2 of each book and never make another one again. But I mean lets waste the dev's time even further catering to Siege Perilous because someone can't handle the 1 character limit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not a fan anymore, hard to say that. But maybe that is not the entire gift list?

I have no idea why that list was chosen. To say players do not have most of that list or access to most of it is not true. Who are those items really for? Or maybe they were just easy choices?

I realize that is most likely the whole list and nothing will change. :( But... I think I saw the words personal bless deed on someones list of file information. Yes?
This is the 20th anniversary token. Why shouldn't it have a bunch of items celebrating the best rewards from the past 20 years.

Everybody talks about an economic point of view. This will be the most sought after token in a couple of years. It has everything.

We can hope the vet reward will be spectacular.

Did you bond Floppy Ears yet? She wants to fight for you.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is so special about 20 years? what is more special, 20? 21? 25? i don't understand

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The books should be able to be inscribed not just rehashed in another token or failing that put as a permanent thing on the clean up points list as Mesanna said would be possible at meet and greet. Display cases can be crafted, you cannot give away harpsichord, shadow or crystal deeds now.
You can only craft 2-tile display cases, not the 3-tile ones from the past gifts.

In my opinion, I'd be FAR happier seeing these following ones changed to RECIPES, rather than the actual items being rehashed:

• Codex of Virtue Deed
  • Ultima Banner Deed
  • Powerscroll Book
  • Display Case (South) (3 tile)
  • Display Case (East) (3 tile)
  • Shadow Token (all the items)
  • Crystal Token (all the items)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can only craft 2-tile display cases, not the 3-tile ones from the past gifts.

In my opinion, I'd be FAR happier seeing these following ones changed to RECIPES, rather than the actual items being rehashed:

• Codex of Virtue Deed
  • Ultima Banner Deed
  • Powerscroll Book
  • Display Case (South) (3 tile)
  • Display Case (East) (3 tile)
  • Shadow Token (all the items)
  • Crystal Token (all the items)
I believe that things ought to be craftable... the more we can make for ourselves the better.... like the Vases... that was awesome... the Runic Atlas... awesome...

Just saying.

To me good gifts are things that commemorate something... AoS roses and clothes are awesome... Whispering Roses Awesome... I can't tell you how many times I come to my place that is littered with them and find someone has commented on my board how they remember this or that person and how it was so amazing to see their rose there... Things like that to me are priceless... and treasured...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but what i think your trying to ask is where are the 20 year veteran rewards, yes?
Yes.
I think that such a milestone of keeping an account always active for some 20 Years, NO MATTER WHAT, deserves it......
Not 15+, 16+, 17+,18+,19+ but 20 Years on itself, me thinks.....
And, I think, the exceptional occurrance would also need a good reward, not just some fancy mount....
That's how I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New veteran rewards are normally released around the month of November each and every year... that's nothing new.

I'm surprised no one bothered to mention that... It's only been this way since about 17 years.
That is true BUT, "perhaps" just perhaps I thought that the TWENTY Years Anniversary would have deserved a "special" attention and Veteran Rewards awarded right at the Anniversary ?
I mean, either TWENTY Years we see as "special" or we just consider them a Year like any other....
I do not know what anyone else might think in this regard, but personally, I happen to see such a whopping Milestone as truly a "special" Event that would have deserved something special, and I do not mean the Party....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you played for 20 years you should be rewarded. Not for revived accounts, but for those who have actually played for the entire 20.
Quite easy to do.... in order to claim the exclusive Veteran's Reward for 20 Years active Account Age (NOT 15 to 19+ but exactly 20 Years...), require the Veteran player to enter the original Registration code that was on the jewel case of Ultima Online original 1997 edition for THAT account which is claiming that exceptional Reward.....The account was bought and the claimant lacks that original registration code ? Sorry, cannot claim that exclusive 20th Years Veteran's Reward but have to stick with the 15+ one only...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were rewarded by pleasantly passing your time playing a game you must enjoy for two decades.
Really ?
There is Veteran Players who KEPT THEIR ACCOUNT AS ACTIVE even though they did not log on and this, sometimes also for extended periods of time.
If this is not supporting Ultima Online to help it endure SO MUCH TO DESERVE a "special" attentioon from the Developers with a unique, exclusive 20th Years active Veteran's Account Reward then I would not possibly know what else could be....
Active Account does not mean that one played for 20 years all days, all weeks, all months, all years, but that the subscription was kept paying EVEN WHEN that player did not log into the game, sometimes for months, NO MATTER WHAT.
This, to my opinion, is the players' loyalty to Ultima Online which would deserve special attention and to be rewarded with a unique, exclusive 20th Years Veteran's Reward (and not like some ,useless mount...), to my viewing...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because it's a flawed system.

An 18 year old kid starting a subscription tomorrow will have to wait until he's 33 years old before he can access certain game content. Others on here don't think that's fair...they want him to wait until he's 38, by that time he could have an 18 year old kid himself.:coco:
Not true.
If the Veteran's Rewards are usable by all Years, they can get an older Veteran to gift one to them or they can buy one in game like for example Event Moderator's items are continuosly sold and purchased in the game.
Even a 1 Year brand new player could get a 20th Year exclusive claim Veteran Reward provided that it was usable also by lesser years.
The 15+ Policy, to my opinion is a slap in the face of all those Veteran Players who kept their accounts as active for 16, 17, 17, 19 Years and, now 20 Years (i.e. SEVERALò YEARS more then mere 15) and paid their subscription NO MATTER WHAT, even if they have not been logging into Ultima Online but they still wanted to support it with their monthly fee.
That is the way I see it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really ?
There is Veteran Players who KEPT THEIR ACCOUNT AS ACTIVE even though they did not log on and this, sometimes also for extended periods of time.
If this is not supporting Ultima Online to help it endure SO MUCH TO DESERVE a "special" attentioon from the Developers with a unique, exclusive 20th Years active Veteran's Account Reward then I would not possibly know what else could be....
Active Account does not mean that one played for 20 years all days, all weeks, all months, all years, but that the subscription was kept paying EVEN WHEN that player did not log into the game, sometimes for months, NO MATTER WHAT.
This, to my opinion, is the players' loyalty to Ultima Online which would deserve special attention and to be rewarded with a unique, exclusive 20th Years Veteran's Reward (and not like some ,useless mount...), to my viewing...
Yes, really. They don't deserve anything. They were playing a game, not feeding the poor...

As one of the people who will hit the 20 year mark (albeit not for a year or so) I could care less. Make the game better for everyone, not just the elite.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think Popps is actually another user on stratics who wants an exclusive item only available to 20 year accounts, so he can turn around and jack up the price and sell accounts for RL $$$.

Not sure how many more threads Popps needs to create to keep saying the same thing.

Popps stop thinking about yourself, and start thinking about what's good for the game, and for other players.

IMNSHO your a greedy little bugger.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, really. They don't deserve anything. They were playing a game, not feeding the poor...

As one of the people who will hit the 20 year mark (albeit not for a year or so) I could care less. Make the game better for everyone, not just the elite.
I could not disagree more.
They were SUPPORTING Ultima Online with resources EVEN WHEN, and NO MATTER WHAT, they kept their accounts as ACTIVE even when not logging in and, this, for extended periods of times, sometimes.
And, in recognition of this SUPPORT to Ultima Online (remember, they were NOT logging on and, yet, STILL paying their monthly fees....), it is my opinion that they actually deserve a special recognition for such an extraordinary contribution and support to Ultima Online and, for such a special 20 Years milestone achieved also thanking to THEIR paid feed even though they were NOT logging in, sometimes for an extended period of time.
That's at least the way I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Popps is actually another user on stratics who wants an exclusive item only available to 20 year accounts, so he can turn around and jack up the price and sell accounts for RL $$$.

Not sure how many more threads Popps needs to create to keep saying the same thing.

Popps stop thinking about yourself, and start thinking about what's good for the game, and for other players.

IMNSHO your a greedy little bugger.
Excuse me ?
I happen to think that paying money for a service that is NOT being used (i.e. maintaining an account as active even when that Veteran player is NOT logging on, whatever the reasons might be, like lack of time, personal reasons or whatever...) does is SUPPORTING that service.
Consequentially, at least to my opinion, I would only see it as fit to recognize this special support, sometimes for an extended period of time, by awarding to these exceptionally supportive Veteran players who maintained their accounts always as active, NO MATTER WHAT, for a whopping 20 Years, continuously, even when for extended period of times, they were not able to log in, whatever the reasons, a really special Veteran's Reward that was to be fitting for such an extremely long time in recognition of such extraordinary support.
To my understanding, it is quite a COMMON business practise, it's called rewarding customers' loyalty to the brand/service so as to motivate customers to stick with that particular brand/service and not go to the competition.
That is how I see it.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It doesn't matter what any of us think about the anniversary gifts or the veteran rewards, the bottom line here is they don't actually have to give us anything! So anything we do get, no matter how useless or ugly, is a bonus, take it or leave it...
I took 6 months to choose my last vet reward, not because everything was terrible, but just because even at 8 years there wasn't much I really needed or could use. Coming up with new items that try to please everyone must be a pretty thankless task to be honest.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could not disagree more.
They were SUPPORTING Ultima Online with resources EVEN WHEN, and NO MATTER WHAT, they kept their accounts as ACTIVE even when not logging in and, this, for extended periods of times, sometimes.
And, in recognition of this SUPPORT to Ultima Online (remember, they were NOT logging on and, yet, STILL paying their monthly fees....), it is my opinion that they actually deserve a special recognition for such an extraordinary contribution and support to Ultima Online and, for such a special 20 Years milestone achieved also thanking to THEIR paid feed even though they were NOT logging in, sometimes for an extended period of time.
That's at least the way I see it.
Like I said, it's not a charity, it's a subscription to a service. There's nothing extraordinary about it.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Exactly what are you asking for here?