• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 10574395874th Solution to Botting

• Thread starter imported_TheCookieFamily
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I have a solution for the botting problem in EALand!

Get rid of the job objects. They're just boring, and worthless anyways. Make, sell, make, sell. Or add ingredients. W/e. I think we need to move to a much more interactive way to make money. Think Jobs. Only not. But the same basic concept. Only not....umm.

How can I splain this?

Think TSO mini games (interactive skilling) except you play them for simoleans. Obviously, we can't go on using the current system. Players can create houses exclusively devoted to the games that they create for you to play. If you have ever played Mario Party or ToonTown, you already know what I'm talking about

But what about when they bot the mini games?
Well, at least they invented a funner way to make simoleans. There's always gonna be the jerks who try to ruin the game for everyone.

Thumbs up? Down? To the side? Don't have thumbs?

G

Some people do not like having to work for their money.

I think that this is a good idea, but I don't think it is really a solution for botters.

It would be nice to have something like this brought into the game, however, purely to make things more interesting. I like the idea of having interactive money making objects. We already have them on group objects, it'd be cool to see them on singles as well. Maybe we should be given the choice to do either or.

Let's take for example - jam tables. When you click on the table you could have "Make Preserves" or "Make Preserves Interactively". The interactive option would bring up a mini game. I think the interactive option should pay substantially more.

This should also be an option for skilling.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Currently there are mini games already in place to earn money.

Be a store keeper.

Be a custom content creator and sell your wares.

Coming soon = reskinning objects to sell with bitmaps

The problem with these is they are too limiting and do not appeal to the mass of game players.

Currently the only thing being added new to game is "commerce". Not everyone wants to play that game!

Until other mini games can be created to replace money objects then I do not believe it would be wise to get rid of them.

H

HoTDeViL

as fast as we can script our own items we can create items for others to use to make money on them. it will gain the property visitortime and give the user money.

so many ideas

G

<blockquote><hr>

Get rid of the job objects. They're just boring, and worthless anyways. Make, sell, make, sell. Or add ingredients. W/e. I think we need to move to a much more interactive way to make money. Think Jobs. Only not. But the same basic concept. Only not....umm.

How can I splain this?

Think TSO mini games (interactive skilling) except you play them for simoleans. Obviously, we can't go on using the current system. Players can create houses exclusively devoted to the games that they create for you to play. If you have ever played Mario Party or ToonTown, you already know what I'm talking about

Well, at least they invented a funner way to make simoleans. There's always gonna be the jerks who try to ruin the game for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as we're tossing ideas out there... here is one I have been thinking about for a long time:

Do away with ALL money and skill OBJECTS! Yes! Get rid of every one! - no more jamming, painting, gnoming, etc - and NO MORE SKILLING! No endless page turning or grunting on the bench press. No more "Clar! Clar! Clar!" while we yell at ourselves in mirrors! No.

Every sim would start out with 14,000,000$. That's it. No opportunity to make more. EVER!
The sim would spend and spend to his/her hearts content.
Then, when the last simoleon is spent..............

The sim would explode in a blast of laser light and multi-colored confetti! Never to walk EAzy Land again.

Then you make a new sim and start all over!

Sounds great, huh???? [thumbs up]

G

<blockquote><hr>

As long as we're tossing ideas out there... here is one I have been thinking about for a long time:

Do away with ALL money and skill OBJECTS! Yes! Get rid of every one! - no more jamming, painting, gnoming, etc - and NO MORE SKILLING! No endless page turning or grunting on the bench press. No more "Clar! Clar! Clar!" while we yell at ourselves in mirrors! No.

Every sim would start out with 14,000,000$. That's it. No opportunity to make more. EVER!

The sim would explode in a blast of laser light and multi-colored confetti! Never to walk EAzy Land again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an interesting idea...to add to it, perhaps a time limit should be set in place! For instance, if your sim doesn't spend all of the money in a month, he/she would do the explosion thing, but get this - - - it is obvious that it was too much money to handle so the next time you recreate you only get $7,000,000! If it happens again; $3,500,000; etc!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How can I splain this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, it would become a mad go for all, blow your money as fast as you can to see who can blow up 1st.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NO

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww, how come? I thought it would add a little excitement to the game to have people running around spending money knowing that if they don't, they'll lose it all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What an interesting idea...to add to it, perhaps a time limit should be set in place! For instance, if your sim doesn't spend all of the money in a month, he/she would do the explosion thing, but get this - - - it is obvious that it was too much money to handle so the next time you recreate you only get $7,000,000! If it happens again; $3,500,000; etc!

[/ QUOTE ]
Mahvelous

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How can I splain this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, it would become a mad go for all, blow your money as fast as you can to see who can blow up 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hot Damn! I think we are REALLY on to something here! Move over WoW! \/

D

dinaj

because i'm greedy and I would want the full amount everytime ...
and I just wanted to see how it felt to be like Paizad and just say NO ...

but yeah lol I agree that would be funny

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this and I came up with a wonderful solution! Obviously EA is going to need to turn a profit, so, on the last day of every month they can offer the "Buy Away" option.

So, let's say somebody has an extra $5,000,000 they were unable to spend...they can in turn pay EA say, $50, to buy the $5,000,000 back.

This gains them the opportunity to start up Month 2 with the same amount of starter cash.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this and I came up with a wonderful solution! Obviously EA is going to need to turn a profit, so, on the last day of every month they can offer the "Buy Away" option.

So, let's say somebody has an extra $5,000,000 they were unable to spend...they can in turn pay EA say, $50, to buy the $5,000,000 back.

This gains them the opportunity to start up Month 2 with the same amount of starter cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, was just thinking the same thing. EA could also throw a spnner in the works by randomly selecting sims to have won the lottery. Dynamic lotteries, I am sure they would love that.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I can't imagine why anyone would use bots to try to make money with the current job objects. Seems like a waste of time.

We do need some more job tracks, though. More variety, throw in some fun chance cards maybe.

D

dinaj

they would love it till someone tried to cash in their winnings for real cash then they would choke on their coffee

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't imagine why anyone would use bots to try to make money with the current job objects. Seems like a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the whole idea of the low payouts. I spoke with Lee just before EA Land opened, he accually said the time over money thing. Make it not worth while to do and it will go away. Trouble is, even at the current rate of payouts it's still possible to make 15k an hour with a good system without bots. Bots can do that over and over, 24/7, on multiple computers.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Donovan's idea reminds me of the scenarios from SIM City 2000. Wouldn't it be great to see EA-Land Scenarios in the game? I think it would be sooo cool!

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

How can I splain this?

[/ QUOTE ]

UHMMMMM

Hello, Some of us Don't Bot, and loves the group and solo jobs items
Thx !

Max

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Yeah but then again some of us have been doing the same thing over and over again for years and want a change of pace