• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thats the best event you could do?

R

Return2UO

Having just left the Europa live event I would like to post some feedback.

If that is the best thing you can do then I would suggest that you need to really re-think your game. I am a casual gamer and so have spent the last 30 minutes dead and being reskilled over and over trying to get my suit back together so I get back to my house.

I take it from this event that you only care for core players who have the time and gold to obtain the best kit, unlimited insurance and train up the templates. There was nothing for any lower levels in this event and to be honest you should be ashamed of youself for that. If your idea of a well rounded event is to cater for the high end levels then you have no hope of bringing anyone back into this game.

/2cents

I

imported_Cysphruo

if the event was built for newer players then there wouldnt be an event, eveything would be easy to kill thus dead, think about what your saying.

C

Connor_Graham

I take it from this event that you only care for core players who have the time and gold to obtain the best kit

I hate to say it, but it's the "core players", as you put it, that make up the majority of the population of UO. They catered to the majority, as they should.

F

Fayled Dhreams

well ... my tailor ... heheheh ... getting some pretty good looting done

hardly a core template

or
my looter on atlantic ... got 45.2 hide on him ... maybe one stat over 50 ...
(looted gear has me at ~~ mid 40's resist)
2 planeswords ~~bout a 1/4 mill in gp ...

As inspector callahan would say: "oughta Know your limits"

Europa huh? gonna start a stealther there ... just to see

*waves* ... see ya in the game

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

A man's got to know his limitations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Love Magnum Force!

And I checked corpses while playing a backup role as well, not too bad I must say.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Saw a "Chango" on one of the shards I visited ... coulda been you ... pretty unique name ...

anyways ...
went to Europa on a fresh ninja ... ~~5k and a planeshield ... back to my home shard ...

*waves*

C

Chango Pelon

There are copycats out there now, I know of one on Baja was created as soon as I left... COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should quit UO and consider getting a Wii instead.

I played with a non arty non 100% skilled Pally on Sonoma and walked out in 1.5 hrs of work with 25 of the Plane items.

I did not get a cloak but hey - I didn't have blackrock and a 120 mage.

You can still participate. You just must be extremely weak and unable to comprehend the game or have a really really bad ping or all of the above.

This is not the worst event ever.

G

Doesn't take a 120 mage to cast the spell..... I did it on a character that isn't 120 anything..... he doesn't have magery..... he's a fighter!

J

J0KING

Truthfully and not meaning to be an insult at all... my daughter has been playing the event... She is not decked out in arties and by no means a hard core gamer (yet)...

So far she basically remains around the gate and loots when the corpses go instanced... She has racked up a ton of gold and a few of the event items that players forgot to loot...

It is basically playing with in your scope... I wouldn't take an unexperienced character and face an ancient wyrm solo... but I would join in and help others if they were going to... just for the fun of it... I feel that it isnt really always the game but how you play it

Have Fun!!!