• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] "That is too far away"

Hi, I'm stuck on a treasure map and need some help. I keep getting the 'too far away' message when trying to dig up a treasure chest. My targeted dig area is in a forest with a huge canopy of trees covering it. I think it's trying to target trees/canopy instead of the ground. I tried the Toggle Foliage command to hopefully break through but getting same message. I also tried digging the 'diggable' spots in a radius around my targeted plot that wasn't covered by the tree canopy with no luck. I don't really know what to try next, too hard headed to give up and just go to the next one!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sometimes when I just cannot get them, I let the map sit. I think after 30 days, it will reset and need to be re-decoded which will give you a new area to dig in. With that being said, It seems that it is generally near the base of the trees where you need to dig. I start at the bottom of the tree and go up and then start moving out. The ones in dense foliage can be a pain to find.

Sometimes when I just cannot get them, I let the map sit. I think after 30 days, it will reset and need to be re-decoded which will give you a new area to dig in. With that being said, It seems that it is generally near the base of the trees where you need to dig. I start at the bottom of the tree and go up and then start moving out. The ones in dense foliage can be a pain to find.
Will try the focusing the base of the trunks, thanks!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mining on the template makes a huge difference... But I have had them lead to directly under a players house. Throw them in locker and come back next month for that one.