• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

That is IT! I JUST CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!

G

Well, I did.

Didn't seem to be any other option.

Ya see, I re-activated an account, even put a credit card on it, yet still got told I can't get into lots in EAARRGGLand due to being on a freebie account.

WTF?

So I looked at the account, it says I'm on day 7 of a 14-day trial.

So I figure, ok...what if I actually click to change billing method, to buy a subscription?

So I do that, get told everything's cool, close the browser and go play the game.

Yet when I do, same message.

WTF times two.

So I go back to the account site, and figure hmmm...if I can't play because it's a freebie account...and it's going to be that way until this stupid free trial is over...then perhaps if I cancel the subscription, and THEN change billing method, it will no longer be in a 14-day trial, it will just say registered, and when I go to the game I'll really be able to play.

Well, you guessed it: WTF TIMES THREE.

The accounting trick seemed to work, EA.com or whatever says I'm registered for TSO, does NOT say the 14-day trial crapola anymore...but the actual game thinks I'm a freebie.

Perhaps maintenance needs to run, as it does say something about taking up to 24 hours for accounts to de-freebie-atize.

So I'll report back on that after the weekend.

I just want my durn entitlement gifts lol

Is there some part of the equation that I'm not getting?

And as soon as I DO get in, I'm gonna go pee on the front lawns of all the folks who said, "YAY! HE'S FINALLY GONE!" when they read the thread header...

UPDATE: Needed to wait a few hours. FINALLY in.

MODS: Please do NOT remove this thread just cuz the problem is fixed. OTHER FOLKS might have the same problem, and might find this helpful.

Heck, if I hadn't canceled my subscription and THEN got out the credit card, I'd STILL be in that darn 14-day trial everyone is gripping about...so don't thank me all at once for posting free tech support. You can pay me with a tree if ever the amnesty thing goes through lol

Seriously, if you can't play the game thanks to the free trial not running out, cancel your subscription and then buy it again.

Of course, if we get double-charged somehow...um, yeah, that's gonna be a pain, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it lol

G

MandiK did the same thing, this is what she said in another thread

<blockquote><hr>

They gave me the 14 day free trial starting yesterday, but once I clicked 'change billing method' in the same place you subscribe to the game again, I entered my credit card info, and within a couple hours I was premium.

I just started back yesterday and this morning, I started being able to visit all lots, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you just have to wait until EA sets it as that type of account. They just started this free thing, im sure there are still a few inconveniences

G

<blockquote><hr>

MandiK did the same thing, this is what she said in another thread

<blockquote><hr>

They gave me the 14 day free trial starting yesterday, but once I clicked 'change billing method' in the same place you subscribe to the game again, I entered my credit card info, and within a couple hours I was premium.

I just started back yesterday and this morning, I started being able to visit all lots, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you just have to wait until EA sets it as that type of account. They just started this free thing, im sure there are still a few inconveniences

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, tried that, but it didn't work. And I think I've seen others who it hasn't worked for either, they gotta wait for the 14-day thing to end.

So what fixed it for me was to cancel my subscription.

Which is cool, because I got to post one of those "I'm canceling my subscription" posts lol

And see who has a sense of humor, and who has a bug up their ass.

And it ain't ME -- I got a bug on my HEAD. Big difference.

N

nodgree

I know when they turned on the free accounts my premium switched to free. I noticed this and imediately started swearing and slamming stuff around ( I really did, ask my wife). Then, I logged out and back in and all was back to normal, well as normal as EA-Land can be at the moment

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know when they turned on the free accounts my premium switched to free. I noticed this and imediately started swearing and slamming stuff around ( I really did, ask my wife). Then, I logged out and back in and all was back to normal, well as normal as EA-Land can be at the moment

[/ QUOTE ]

lol see, I don't have a wife, so I have to come in here to gripe hahahahaha...

And my sim has made twenty simoleans since getting to a money lot (with no skills), so that entitles me to put my two cents in, cuz that's what it's worth at 989 sims per dollars lol