• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Thanks to Airmid for The End of Summer Festival

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank Airmid for getting it together and all the great people hosting events. I myself had the pleasure of doing the cow tipping and it helped me to remember what it takes to do these events and how much fun they are.

When people host events like this, the amount of work that goes on before an event involves a great deal of time and resources and getting people to run an event. I had forgotten myself how much it takes.

Sometimes our EM's are taken for granted.
The EM's and Messanna have made the game more fun for me. They work hard to bring fun to the game.

At the event I saw people I have not seen for awhile and met some that I did not know. This event reminded me of other player run events and EM events, bringing a smile to my face. The End of Summer Festival was a blast of fun.

I want to say Thank You to all the people who attended the events because of you events are a joy to do.

Thank You
Leeda

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awww Leeda,

Thanks go right back atcha! The pre-planning takes longer than the actual festivals but they are so much fun too! I got all nostalgic remembering past festivals and seeing some great people and love seeing everyone get together for a day!

We already have some other players offering to help host events for a fall festival!

I'll give everyone a sort of break down of how we come up with our festival line up:

We usually have a few standard events that we know everyone enjoys and I try to think of an event for as many play styles as we can. Keeping in mind not everyone likes fighting monsters or others, we try to set up more fun type events. Heck even the bagball 10k was more about winnings for your own team adding up and less about 'beating' the other team :)

I probably got too agressive this first time out after yrs of not hosting. Next time we'll account for shard population a bit more. Some hours we had 3 events all starting at the same time! We'll cut that down next time.

So in planning, one event for active hunters/fighters one event for more docile minded.

The next thing you need for a successful festival is enough players and volunteers able to host one. All the prizes, supplies and outfits needed are supplied for them. Basically its show up and have fun hosting! If a guild or player wants to supply their own that is welcome too but certainly not a necessity.

The gathering of resources ahead of time is crucial. Players like Lady Magdalaine who dropped off fishing nets,designed our staff outfits and supplied all the cloth for our Luna Festival tailor to special tag them are key. Dennar put a call out in general chat one night during our community meet ups in Skara and in no time at all we had donations filling two pack llamas!

Definitely a community effort! So when I stand on the podium and tell everyone this is put on by the community for the community, I mean it. There is no way one person can pull off the number of events we have in 4hrs solo. I don't even challenge anyone to try because that is no fun! I had a blast.

On to the next!

A few ideas.....

We already have a request for a Halloween themed Fall Festival in Umbra.

It will be a shorter schedule and most likely towards the early evening hours. I already have a few emails from players offering to help host events for this!

Perhaps afterwards we can find a way to do a crafting minded one in Magincia?

Can't wait to find out what we come up with!

*hugs everyone*