• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Thanks NO SELL !!!

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is a white book with a dagger on the cover that when double click it reveals that it can be used as a runebook. item is on great lakes an buyer is responsible for pick up. starting bid is 50 mil with a buyout of 100 mil.Auction will run to oct 2nd or untill the buyout is reached. THANKS AN HAPPY BIDDING

Attachments

T

Trevelyan

Re: the recipe of serpentwyne-By The Brotherhood Of The Rose

Just for clarity, this was an item that was obtainable by anyone for a short while from an item dispenser on Europa, last night.

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just for clarity, this was an item that was obtainable by anyone for a short while from an item dispenser on Europa, last night.
yes untill the em turned it off due to people gating others in.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I dont think many were given out due to the EM turning the statue off.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I dont think many were given out due to the EM turning the statue off.
I know 4 people with 10 or more. That's just the 4 I asked.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm didnt think it was active for that long.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I know 4 people with 10 or more. That's just the 4 I asked.
There were not many people with over 2 or 3 due to the nature of the course. Probably just the handful of people you spoke to. I was there from beginning to end...and did not even manage to get that many.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There were not many people with over 2 or 3 due to the nature of the course. Probably just the handful of people you spoke to. I was there from beginning to end...and did not even manage to get that many.

A few people didin't run the course they skipped right to it by walking through the walls at the beginning until he fixed it. Some were able to mark the place and gated people in for a few minutes which was enough to run through all the characters on accounts.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-europa/223451-[report]-finding-serpentwyne-recipe.html

This picture alone showed over 40 people there and even if each got 2-3 books thats 80-120 books not counting those who gated multiple chars etc...

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i sorta agree there was alot of people at the begining of the event. But as your pic showed not many were at the end to recieve there rewards. The Em turned off the statue so not all got items and many waited in hopes that the EM would turn it back on. But it never happened. Im sure there are quite a few out there but i doubt all those people got there rewards. :(

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm going to have to respectfully withdraw my current bid. Thanks.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I think there are 1 gazillion books out there.

N

Nightly Spirit

1. Quantity + intensity value
2. Name + intensity value
3. Graphic + intensity value
4. Usefulness + intensity value
5. Overall desirability + intensity value

So in a nut shell, don't judge its price based on one factor alone. Gem Of Immortality has over 300 in existence and each is still fetching ~200 mi.

This equation can be applied to just about any item. The only unpredicted variable is how bad a person wants it. Sometimes that alone can drive the price up to an insane amount.

Not that I wish to be involved in this but it seems this event item has touched some people's nerves.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A few people didin't run the course they skipped right to it by walking through the walls at the beginning until he fixed it. Some were able to mark the place and gated people in for a few minutes which was enough to run through all the characters on accounts.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-europa/223451-[report]-finding-serpentwyne-recipe.html

This picture alone showed over 40 people there and even if each got 2-3 books thats 80-120 books not counting those who gated multiple chars etc...
Yes, this is the handful you speak of...however it does not mean that everyone got multiples. There were guardians there that would attack positive and negative people who went through the course (which most did mind you). Even IF all 40 got a book...I hardly doubt that ever person there was able to get more than a second book (possibly a third) before the EM shut it down.

Again, that leaves only a handful of people who were able to attain more than 2 or 3 before the statue poofed. My estimate would be 100 total possibly...as not everyone finished quest...not many got more than one...and only a handful were able to get more than 2 OR 3.

Whoever you mentioned were able to get 10 or more, chances are slim they actually did get that many...the statue was not up long enough.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, this is the handful you speak of...however it does not mean that everyone got multiples. There were guardians there that would attack positive and negative people who went through the course (which most did mind you). Even IF all 40 got a book...I hardly doubt that ever person there was able to get more than a second book (possibly a third) before the EM shut it down.

Again, that leaves only a handful of people who were able to attain more than 2 or 3 before the statue poofed. My estimate would be 100 total possibly...as not everyone finished quest...not many got more than one...and only a handful were able to get more than 2 OR 3.

Whoever you mentioned were able to get 10 or more, chances are slim they actually did get that many...the statue was not up long enough.
I agree, at this point, everything is just speculation. I'll try to get a more accurate count on them (may or may not be successful), we'll see. The people I know who got 10 does have 10. They gated their guildies in and its more than 1 person.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. Quantity + intensity value
2. Name + intensity value
3. Graphic + intensity value
4. Usefulness + intensity value
5. Overall desirability + intensity value

So in a nut shell, don't judge its price based on one factor alone. Gem Of Immortality has over 300 in existence and each is still fetching ~200 mi.

This equation can be applied to just about any item. The only unpredicted variable is how bad a person wants it. Sometimes that alone can drive the price up to an insane amount.

Not that I wish to be involved in this but it seems this event item has touched some people's nerves.

I totally agree with you Nighly and am glad you pull this equation up. What it comes down to is how bad a person wants and the hopes that the person wanting it know the facts. May be the quantity does or does not matter in this case. For me, as a buyer I would certainly want to know all the information. However, there are times when I do buy a tin-foiled wrapped sandwich and not knowing what's inside for the surprise :)

Y

Yen Sid

Gem Of Immortality has over 300 in existence and each is still fetching ~200 mi.
Where are you getting over 300? There were 3 per shard and last I checked there aren't 100 shards... Unless there is another Gem of Immortality besides the Shard(s) of the Gem...

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if people were gating there charicters in, then quite a few could be obtained, when the crystal display was given out on napa, the box was only obtainable for 4-5 minutes tops, i still obtained 14.

N

Nightly Spirit

Gem Of Immortality has over 300 in existence and each is still fetching ~200 mi.
Where are you getting over 300? There were 3 per shard and last I checked there aren't 100 shards... Unless there is another Gem of Immortality besides the Shard(s) of the Gem...
These are numbers by Manticore himself...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if people were gating there charicters in, then quite a few could be obtained, when the crystal display was given out on napa, the box was only obtainable for 4-5 minutes tops, i still obtained 14.
Gating in and out was openly discouraged by the EM. I only saw two people gating inside at the drop itself...both were asked not to continue. Again, I managed to see things firsthand...and know that it just was not physically possible under the conditions present to get many at all.

Gauntlet + short availability of item = lower numbers than presented. There were less of these than there were deamon statues.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

after some more investigations today and by players EMs who were at the event, the best estimate on the quantity of the books puts it around ~50 +/- few. I was not able to confirm this with the EMs.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

since when I said there were 300?

SEASON 7

Shard Wide
Broken Crystals (~40 per shard x 15 tradable shards = 600)
Clainin's Spell Book (~150) (6 mods)
Black Hally From Paladins (~200+)
Messana's Cream Pie (Comes in Many Colors) (~?)
Gem of Immortality (52)
Orange Spider Webs (~20)

N

Nightly Spirit

since when I said there were 300?

SEASON 7

Shard Wide
Broken Crystals (~40 per shard x 15 tradable shards = 600)
Clainin's Spell Book (~150) (6 mods)
Black Hally From Paladins (~200+)
Messana's Cream Pie (Comes in Many Colors) (~?)
Gem of Immortality (52)
Orange Spider Webs (~20)
When you gave your equation, all I did was copy and paste, please check notes.
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-rare...s-vanquisher-what-making-so-popular-more.html

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

still up no bids an 24 hours to go