• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks for nothing!

• Thread starter imported_DutchAmerica
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm still waiting down in technical for assistance.

May I ask, does anyone actually read those?

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Technical Advice (6 viewing)

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Thank you so much for you patience.

Since your issue is so urgent, did you try calling the customer service number listed here in the very top post of the technical advise forum?

I am sorry that your issue has not been resolved and I cannot advise you since I do not have vista. Good luck and I hope someone will be able to assist you.

D

dinaj

calling customer service is like asking to be hit by a truck that is going 100 miles an hour. Her best bet is to wait for Lee, he has given his messenger ID to many so im sure one of us could provide that information to her.

G

<blockquote><hr>

calling customer service is like asking to be hit by a truck that is going 100 miles an hour. Her best bet is to wait for Lee, he has given his messenger ID to many so im sure one of us could provide that information to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure it's a good idea for somebody else to provide that info, but I think it would be/would have been a good idea to add him to YIM when he did give it himself. I agree that calling customer service is not a good idea, but it sounds like this problem is either isolated to one instance or isolated to those using Vista, which is KNOWN to be buggy and I've seen countless people that chose to buy Vista computers turning around and uninstalling that and reinstalling their XP. This being the case, since it's a Microsoft issue and not an EA issue fundamentally, the ones you should be demanding a refund from are the ones that put out the defective OS to start with, and not dump all over Lee et al because they can't fix problems very quickly that frigggin MickeySoft created! If they refunded you the cost of the OS, that would pay for about 13 months of service right there, and then you'd be putting blame where it was due. This was a weekend, it's not right or respectful to expect people to work as many hours as they did on Thursday and Friday with various issues and THEN to work the weekend when there are those that sit around and pancake when they do that too. I wouldn't do a thing 'above and beyond' the call of duty before that either

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still waiting down in technical for assistance.

May I ask, does anyone actually read those?

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely read the Technical Advice forum here. Lee has numerous posts in there helping posters solve their problems. He has also publicly posted his Yahoo ID there. *cough*LFanceyEA*cough* If you don't feel comfortable using that, you may send him a Personal Message via the Stratics system. If/when you do that I would suggest you include any and all details of your problem or a link to your most detailed post in Technical Advice.

Keep in mind that it's the weekend and, although he has helped many people on weekends, it shouldn't be expected.

I

imported_fajjaa

I think you have to wait your turn in Tech Support, I spent the morning there yesterday answering my own questions. The 24 hour Login Bug has nothing to do with your account, it has to do with files or info connected to your icon, or in my case, icons.

G

I am going to be blunt here, Dutch. (takes off mod hat, puts on poster hat)

1. Your problem is Vista, have you asked Microsoft technical support to resolve them? Being a huge corporation with thousands of tech advisers, rather than just Lee and Randy, they will undoubtedly be available to you, all during the weekend.

2. This was a very difficult week for everyone, but especially for the team, with the problems of the Bullet Train, and the team having to hand move everyone, late into the night.....but you get upset, because they do not immediately drop everything, to come fix your problem? Not cool.

3. Try to remember what kind of response you would have gotten to your issues, if this was Feb. 2005 or 6, and please reconsider the attitude you are taking toward the kind of support we recieve from the development team, these days.

I am sorry that you are having problems getting into the game, I am sorry for the many people with individual techinical problems, that are keeping them from playing, but there are few instant answers, and absolutely no excuse for bashing the hands that helps us all and keep the game moving forward, because your problems are not instantly resolved.

IMHO

K

Kurox

Hey.

All you have to do to make this work with vista is send the shortcut to desktop and run it in administrator mode.

Just to clarify every time you want to play you MUST right click the shortcut and click run as administrator.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I'm sorry Gilley, but I think your response to Dutch was a bit out of line. In all actuallity, some of the developements in this game has hendered most of the paying customers. Even though marketing said "hey, lets give out free trial accounts to promote the game" it has caused alot of animosity due to getting the "you have to be a paying customer" message that pops up when you try to log your paying customer in. It happens to me everyday but as I persistantly keep trying I eventually get in. I feel for Dutch and her problems. BTW, I have called the tech phone number several times and have yet spoke with a human. It's really frustrating.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry Gilley, but I think your response to Dutch was a bit out of line. In all actuallity, some of the developements in this game has hendered most of the paying customers. Even though marketing said "hey, lets give out free trial accounts to promote the game" it has caused alot of animosity due to getting the "you have to be a paying customer" message that pops up when you try to log your paying customer in. It happens to me everyday but as I persistantly keep trying I eventually get in. I feel for Dutch and her problems. BTW, I have called the tech phone number several times and have yet spoke with a human. It's really frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Gilly's response was out of line even though she clearly removed the mod hat before she posted, but you don't think Dutch's response that was almost pure trolling since she'd already posted the actual issue in the Tech forum was hunky dory? Are you serious? Her issue doesn't have anything to do with the free account/paying customer bug, but even if it did I still would not ever justify bashing this dev team when they have gone out of their way, almost bent over backwards kissing their own rear ends to handle problems one by one. Plus she made the mistake of doing this on a weekend, which makes it even more justifiable that she thinks her $10/mo x however many accounts entitles her to basically summon the devs on their day off. Yes Lee has publically given his yahoo, and yes I do have him on my yahoo list, and I've even talked to him on the weekends, but usually not problem related stuff and if I DO have to call something to his attention I always begin my message with "Sorry to bother you on a weekend, but......". This goes right back to what we've been saying for weeks. Presentation and verbage is everything. You can be emphatic without being hurtful and spiteful.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In all actuallity, some of the developements in this game has hendered most of the paying customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an exaggeration.

I am sorry for the people it is affecting, but that is not affecting, 'most' of the players.

The subscription bug is a known issue, one that is being worked on, and it is *not* keeping EA-Land empty of players. It will get fixed when they find a solution....and that is not Dutch's issue, anyway. Vista is having problems all over the place....not just in our game.

It is unreasonable to expect team members to hold poster's hands on a problem with no current solution, especially on their days off.....and Super Bowl Sunday to boot!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

...I still would not ever justify bashing this dev team when they have gone out of their way, almost bent over backwards kissing their own rear ends to handle problems one by one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THERE is an image, LMAO. Face forward, guys, it is easier to solve problems FACE FORWARD.

Thanks for the laugh, Carrie. Even though I snorted my coffee and made a mess. I'm a little turned on by that image, too, but TMI, TMI.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you so much for you patience.

Since your issue is so urgent, did you try calling the customer service number listed here in the very top post of the technical advise forum?

I am sorry that your issue has not been resolved and I cannot advise you since I do not have vista. Good luck and I hope someone will be able to assist you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were an issue customer service could actually assist me with, I would choose that option. Otherwise, it would be a total waste of time.

I have followed several of the links and scrolled through the stickied threads at the top and other then giving out a lot of 'did you know' info, there's not much helpful there if you are having technical problems that can't be resolved through normal channels.

Sorry if you folks don't want to hear that, but that's my opinion. I also think that many people are not so much frustrated with the game but are frustrated with the process of getting assistance when something is wrong.

I would suggest that IF my problem is Vista, then it is something the devs need to take into consideration because as more and more players get new computers, they will also get Vista. So, this is something that needs to be addressed for all future players that will be getting Vista.

How many of the players with the old system that are having problems with the game will end up getting new computers. How many of them will end up frustrated like me that EA software doesn't like Vista? It's a known problem with EA that Sims2 is not 'quite' compatible with dual core processors. If found that on their website after I bought a few expansion packs. Hmm...go figure.

So my main question is, when TSO moves over to be more Sims2, will they have issues with Dual-cores also?

The whole issue that I'm trying to bring up is that while EA is in the throes of 'revamping' the game, I believe that their team needs to consider how technical issues are handled and how they should be handled in the future.

I feel sorry for Lee in many ways because there is only so much 1 person can do to help the huge population of players in TSO. But problems as a whole need to be addressed in a much more efficient manner and more proactively.

I like what WoW does, Pirates of the Caribbean does the same thing. If you happen to crash during the game, you get a 'report error' screen automatically. You type in what you were doing and hit 'send'. It sends the time, date and technical info, plus your comments to their team. I think that's not a bad idea for EAland.

Just throwing that out there because assistance with technical problems has been a thorn in the side for as long as I can remember and really needs fixing along with everything else.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

And you know, it is almost impossible to get a new system that doesn't have dual core AND Vista. Vista, Vista, Vista...try not getting it, Microsoft is heavy handed with the roll out. I was looking at the Dell website over the weekend, they only special offer Windows on a couple of selected systems.

G

I see Lee in there working all the time.
I think they need to set up technical support so that the tech support forum would be used only under extreme issues.

I think its silly that the Senior DD or whatever the heck he is is playing tech support at 3 in the morning on weekends sometimes...

thats just me though.

Hope they fix this error soon though.

I

imported_SimTripps

Hey Dutch, did you get it resolved? I read your post in the Tech forum - Lee responded, and you mentioned the .zip from Atlanta lol...

I

imported_corpatortis

I once heard Lee describe his position.. then couldn't understand why he deals with the tech support stuff. I've gotten help from him at crazy hours of the day.

If you think he was taking too long to reply try PMing him so he knows to look at your issue right away. The flashing is annoying.

At least that would get my attention

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Dutch, did you get it resolved? I read your post in the Tech forum - Lee responded, and you mentioned the .zip from Atlanta lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very lucky that I have a wonderful big bro, who is not a computer geek but figured out what needed to be done and was able to help me.

But not everyone out there is that lucky don't you agree? I haven't had problems with most of the updates. With this problem I realized that along with the economy and lack of updates, customer service for technical problems has been a real embarrassment to EA and I think it needs to be fixed.

I'm hoping that once they get everything merged and in place then these nuissances can be fixed and we can get on with playing the game with little or no inconveniences like 'you don't subscribe'....'you can't connect to EA' things going on....but when people do have problems, there needs to be a responsive place where they can turn for timely assistance.

I

imported_SimTripps

Totally - these issues need to get fixed a.s.a.p., especially since there's currently been a big player recruitment going on. Alot of new/returning players will get turned off very quickly if they keep getting these technical headaches... and Lee has had one big technical headache since the EA Land install lol...

Edited to add the silly Lee comment lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

And you know, it is almost impossible to get a new system that doesn't have dual core AND Vista. Vista, Vista, Vista...try not getting it, Microsoft is heavy handed with the roll out. I was looking at the Dell website over the weekend, they only special offer Windows on a couple of selected systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution to this is to do what I did and several other people have done...if you get a system that comes pre-loaded with Vista, as soon as you fire it up replace it with XP, which everybody should have copies of XP restore disks or copies of the OS they bought from having to do reformats. If you don't have a copy, they are all over e-bay for fairly cheap, last time I checked. Nobody is *stuck* with Vista.....also if one chooses to buy barebones and build their own system, which is the most economical option, then it will come with no OS on the HD at all.

Bottom line is it's not EA's or anyone else's issue to clean up problems that Microsoft caused by putting out a product that wasn't ready, just like it's not EA's problem (over on the TS2 board) to deal with issues that SecuROM causes, yet people expect them to do that too. You've got to take your problems to the correct people, and if enough people boycotted Vista, MickeySoft would have no choice but to fix the issues it has, but if people keep buying it, and not complaining to THEIR Customer Support people, then they have no reason to see it as a priority to fix it.

O

ozzynowgone

dutch i dont see how its a vista or a dual core issue i had a puter with a dual core and vista also and game worked for me just fine

F

forsure01

My Sister and I run 4 computers with vista 2 dual core and one quad No problems at all. We did shut off the uac.