• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks and a big Orciez hug!

K

Kurpur

Ug Dere!

OOC:

Last night after I had to log off the game, I lay in bed and to my astonishment I could not get to sleep because I was thinking about the ingame event that I was just part of. To this all I can say is WOW! It has been a long time since I turned the game off and thought about what had transpired in game.

To all those who worked to put the Festival of the Way event together I want to say, Thank you!

It was a great event and was a real honor to be included. I would really love to thank each of you personally but I know I would miss someone and that in itself would be a dishonor to those who I know worked like mad to put this on.

Other shards should wish they had the people that are on Baja!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awe well you're most welcome Kurpur!
I wish a lot more people stayed for the end because that was another big part of the event! The walk was to honor their journey, but the festival afterwards was to honor the Four as persons and we all had a blast!
I would like to give special thanks to Magdalena and Sara as well
Sara (or big sis to me!) beautifully decorated the end part of the festival with flowers and tables and a place to sit.
Magdalena of course supplied the food which was to die for! She truly is Baja's most wonderful Chef!

Wildstar, who helped support this procession by dropping books all over, helping to drop the candles, and so much more
Bucko, who also helped drop books (and i believe candles as well?) and helped us find a wonderful Bard for the Four
Zack, our great meat shield! he too helped place candles
Xel, I had read your speech and it was blinkin' amazing! you truly are the wisest fool! and I love you brother! *hugs Xel*
And of course, Lady Katrina! who was given the task of dressing up EVERYONE, and everyone looked amazing. I liked my outfit so much I am keeping it! In fact I'm still wearing it!

There truly are many names to be said, so many people helped put this all together, but I would truly like to thank all those who attended. For without you all, this would not have been such a grand event.

And for those who did come, and for those who didnt. I just want to say this to you.
I have spoken to The Widow many, many times and one thing that I have taken from her wisdom and truly believe in....I wish to share with you all.

We are all Story, nothing more, and nothing less. The Devs, GMs, and EMs do not make up "our" Story....WE make our own Story. And that is what this event was.
A lot of people have forgotten this simple fact...truth be told I did as well for some time.
We sit here hours on end playing a game and I always hear things about how there arent many events, or quests to be had....
*shakes head* My dear friends...brothers...and sisters...WE ARE THE EVENTS! WE ARE THE QUESTS!
Do not wait for one to be dropped on your laps! MAKE ONE!
Everyone has a history, everyone has a future. So I ask you all...What is your Story?

M

Millie

:9 I wanta see pictures of the event.. I have company here and most of the night was spent watching movies with Dad.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about to begin writing the article. I hope to have it done in the next couple of hours.

Between WildStar, Sara, and I, we collected about 150 screenshots in total.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to have the article(s) done tonight, so I decided I would provide a little preview of what I'm working on...

P

Pol the shepherd

I would also echo what I have heard here from Kurpur and Ceno.

This event was amazing. The background story was simply spectacular. The revelry in Trinsic was enjoyable and the speeches given throughout the event by all players, especially Ceno and Xel, couldn't have been better. Not to mention the prelude to the event over the previous weeks.

As Ceno stated, it is a reminder that we, the players, are responsible for the fiction, the stories, and creating wonderful events/quests that everyone can attend.

And like Kurpur, I laid awake that night thinking about the event and was happy and honored to be part of what transpired. This is easily, slated in my "Top 3 Ever" favorite event in UO, going back to my original playing days even. I haven't been on Baja very long but everyone here does such a wonderful job playing their roles and I eagerly anticipate what other stories may unfold in the future.

Pol's Player