• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anjeel

Thank you Stratics for successfully destroying my thread by moving it to Spiels and Rants. It would have been interesting if you decided to join in on the conversation but instead you decided to do the next best thing and bury it into obscurity.

Spiel -

1. a usually high-flown talk or speech, esp. for the purpose of luring people to a movie, a sale, etc.; pitch.
–verb (used without object) 2. to speak extravagantly.

Rant -

Main Entry: 1rant
Pronunciation: \ˈrant\
Function: verb
Etymology: obsolete Dutch ranten, randen
Date: 1601
intransitive verb
1 : to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
2 : to scold vehemently

As you can see by the definitions posted, the well thought out, rational discussion (minus one moron) most assuredly does not qualify as a rant because well read the definition. Neither does it qualify as a spiel as I am not, nor was I, speaking extravagantly or trying to persuade people to my viewpoint. It was merely my wife's take on the current state of affairs in game. Please feel free to move the post back to Uhall as I will repost it later should it not be. At which time, it should be left where it is as it neither qualifies as a spiel, or a rant.

Which is funny because this, as well as most posts that are allowed to stay in Uhall qualify as a Spiel and a lot of times as a rant.

Thank you for your time and returning my post to where it belongs

as an additional note, I would like to add the following:

This is the place for general discussion about Ultima Online gameplay, development issues, and related Ultima Online issues. Please keep posts on topic, and use the U. Hall OT for off-topic posts!

As you can see, the original thread was part of a general discussion about gameplay, development issues, AND related issues.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So ... which would you say your post here qualifies as? Is it a rant or a spiel?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"This is the place for general discussion about Ultima Online gameplay, development issues, and related Ultima Online issues. Please keep posts on topic, and use the U. Hall OT for off-topic posts"

This post does not belong in this forum.

*hops on for the ride*

A

Anjeel

"This is the place for general discussion about Ultima Online gameplay, development issues, and related Ultima Online issues. Please keep posts on topic, and use the U. Hall OT for off-topic posts"

This post does not belong in this forum.

*hops on for the ride*
And the post that did belong on this forum was moved so I posted this here because apparently spiels and rants belong here and general discussion belongs in spiels and rants

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked for a post thread started by your name there and could not find one you sure you started it under this name?

Status
Not open for further replies.