• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THANK YOU...

G

EA-Land is closing down. It is a fact that we are all going to have to get used to. It will be a harder realization for some than others. The fact of the matter is TSO/EA-Land was a hobby for some, and a lifestyle for others. We will all feel the loss in some way or another, and we will all have to learn to cope with it.

In the meantime though, I would like to say THANK YOU to the TSO/EA-Land team for all of the hard work they've put in. Though the outcome is not what we all would have wanted, it wasn't our choice NOR was it the dev team's. The choice must have come from somebody higher up. Would a group of 15 or so people REALLY be putting so much work into something that they knew was going to be shut down? I think not. Though they have probably had more information than us from the start, I am sure this is as much of a blow for them as it us. So again, I would like to say thank you.

THANK YOU for bringing custom content to us.
THANK YOU for balancing the economy.
THANK YOU for keeping an eye on exploits.
THANK YOU for getting rid of scammers.
THANK YOU for being readily available to us.

But most of all, THANK YOU for keeping this game around for at least a year longer than it was planned to be.

Let's all enjoy the time we have remaining, and let's not bash the devs for something that was out of their control. The fact of the matter is, they have put their time and energy into keeping this community together and playing the game that we love.

G

<blockquote><hr>

EA-Land is closing down. It is a fact that we are all going to have to get used to. It will be a harder realization for some than others. The fact of the matter is TSO/EA-Land was a hobby for some, and a lifestyle for others. We will all feel the loss in some way or another, and we will all have to learn to cope with it.

In the meantime though, I would like to say THANK YOU to the TSO/EA-Land team for all of the hard work they've put in. Though the outcome is not what we all would have wanted, it wasn't our choice NOR was it the dev team's. The choice must have come from somebody higher up. Would a group of 15 or so people REALLY be putting so much work into something that they knew was going to be shut down? I think not. Though they have probably had more information than us from the start, I am sure this is as much of a blow for them as it us. So again, I would like to say thank you.

But most of all, THANK YOU for keeping this game around for at least a year longer than it was planned to be.

Let's all enjoy the time we have remaining, and let's not bash the devs for something that was out of their control. The fact of the matter is, they have put their time and energy into keeping this community together and playing the game that we love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the extra effort this past year.

Anyone with logic would know we were dead in the water before that.

And thank you for bringing the impossible (CC and City merges) to us.
lord knows we asked for it long enough.

Good luck on your future work.

(Like that sind?)

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

X.

G

Thanks to some ppl for keeping their pants on .. most of the time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!!

But seriously, thank you devs for everything you have done.

G

Id really like to see the devs here and in the game so we can share the rest of the time we have left with them even if its on their own time not ea's far as im concerned they have worked their tail ends off and accomplished so much as far as the game goes and would have done alot more if givin the time to do so. They plain didnt give them enough time to do what they needed to do and that im really sad about.... its a great game too many play for it not to be a good game.... again come see us devs we would really like to talk to you in person on the boards and games ! we miss you!

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the extra effort this past year.

Anyone with logic would know we were dead in the water before that.

And thank you for bringing the impossible (CC and City merges) to us.
lord knows we asked for it long enough.

Good luck on your future work.

(Like that sind?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

This team brought aspects to the game that some of us wanted since Beta

This was a great team and I'm going to miss them dearly.
They will do great on their next projects and they had an awesome effort on this game.

Thank you for everything and more that this game has given. I have learned so much and met so many great people over the years.

I am happy I was apart of this wonderful community for so many years

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO who kept their pants on?

I've seen many a set of hairy legs with shocking pink dresses....in the dev house no less....on the devs. And let us not forget my simmy husband that never ceased to run around crowded houses with nothing but a grin.

I would like to send a special thank you to Parizad and Randy. Last February, you made the concerted effort to find and fix my main sim Marmalade who suffered a disaster moving from FF to AV. She was lost in the void for a very long time. You stepped up, took over and made things right. I learned then and there that the TSO team weren't bad people....just very over worked. To Gregg, Luc and the rest and especially to Lee who made himself not only an EA employee but also a TSO player, thanks and I personally wish you well in your future endeavors.

Make sure you keep me on your email database. I wanna be first in line for the Sims 3 Online.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Thank you for postponing the inevitable. lol
Thank you for allowing us to buy money that will be useless. I guess my free two last months aren't actually free...

On a different note...
Thank you Lee (only Lee) for your help during the difficult months.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
As I have explained over and over and over.... I did NOT drop my pants! The belt... just... broke.

Ok?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
As I have explained over and over and over.... I did NOT drop my pants! The belt... just... broke.

Ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... it didn't break...

*hides scissors*

Mah bad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said ...

And to add, thank you for the extraordinary amount of time you put into trying to make the game work. Thank you for making yourselves available ingame and taking the time to get our feedback and opinions. Thank you for having the patience of a saint and dealing with the at times ridiculous rants and ravings from people acting like spoilt children.

Thank you for all that you have done and tried to do over the past year.

Polly

N

NightFlyer

TTL

Thanks EA for over 5 years of entertainment and hooking me up with the most amazing people. Some of whom I will never forget.

G

I can honestly say, Thank you for giving me my soul-mate and the wonderful memories of time in game with him. This is the only thank you I can muster at the moment.

B

B Rain

TTL

yes, thank you, I had fun these last few months, especially when they brought in custom contents.

Domo Arigato! (* ^)(*^-^*) m(._.)m

But... I'm sad this game is ending.... BAKA! (;_;)

I

imported_Delima

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I too am thankful

Thank you for all the great friends I have made on here.
Thank you for giving me entertainment the past several years.
The biggest thing I have to thank you for is for letting me find my soon to be wife. For that I cannot thank you enough.

I will miss this game and all of it's memories, but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

yes, thank you to the devs, who most likely did try their hardest to save the game.

G

I'm not going to say thankyou to the devs, all I can say is that I'm sad TSO was never the game it could have been from the start.

I will say thankyou to the people I have met over the years, as some of you may remember I used to be very involved in making signatures for the forum and I designed most of the flags for the cities. You've all made it a fun game and I've enjoyed playing the game with you.

G

Thank you TSO. Thank you for all the fun I had, thank you for all the memories, and thank you for all the friends I've made. It had been a blast while it lasted.

J

jammybob

Thank you to Maxis for starting the game and allowing me to meet the love of my life Angel-ize on here. We probably would never have met had it not been for the original concept being brought into being .
A game that could encourage such indepth conversation was a wonderful idea. Such a shame they didn't develop it into the top of the line game it could have been.

D

dinaj

I truly hope you are right about sims 3 online

Forgot to say Thank you to the Dev's for trying, I think we all forget how much of their own time they spent online trying to help us all with problems. I am positive they are as upset as many of you about the closing, it was a labor of love for them.

G

<font color=red>A general message to this thread's participants:</font color=red>

There are a lot of threads going on right now that give avenues to express all kinds and thoughts and emotions about the game closing.

Let's keep this thread pure and on-topic as a Thank You thread.

The off-topic posts have been removed. If something especially witty or well-phrased has been lost that the original poster would like to repost in a thread where the topic applies, please feel free.

Aster

G

a big fat THANK YOU for the outstanding devs and the awesome community that allowed me to enjoy this game and meet the nicest ppl from all around the world. I know that you've worked days and nights, and on weekends and probably had a long argument with the management fighting for this game. Thank you for bringing back hope for the game for like a year and new updates that we've always wanted.

I'd love to be a beta tester of any of your future projects ... count me in

Good luck in everything you will do (to all the devs). I hope you will spend the last few months playing with us.

I will miss this game, my friends and devs a lot!! Its been part of my life for 5 years!

D

DominaVsim

After reeling for a couple days about the closing, I have seen and had mixed emotions about it, but the fact is TSO was closing long before it was announced. The only thing I keep thinking is a line from the movie Secret of My Success, " We all looked for a way out...." and that's the truth of it. EA has worked hard over the past year to keep us in the game we've grown to love. I appreciate it very much. Tho still angry, the logistics inside me screams look at the facts!

So to EA and the DEVs, the Forum Mods, and all who have worked to keep this game running....
THANK YOU for your work.
THANK YOU for bringing me into a game I loved before it was "online"
THANK YOU for the friendships i've made that will last a lifetime.
THANK YOU for finally bringing us Custom Content.
THANK YOU for a sim lifetime of parties, riotous(sp) converstions, fights,drama, and all the other things I can't think of right now.
IT RAWKED!

Please Please, do keep working on making a new online game. Use this as a spring board to bring us (the die-hards [ you know we'll come running back]) a kick butt game that will be around for 20 or 30 yrs. One never leaves a situation without learning from it. I can honestly say, if I have learned anything about online games etc, I can't imagine the vast knowledge that you will take away from this. USE IT! Again, THANK YOU!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said ...

And to add, thank you for the extraordinary amount of time you put into trying to make the game work. Thank you for making yourselves available ingame and taking the time to get our feedback and opinions. Thank you for having the patience of a saint and dealing with the at times ridiculous rants and ravings from people acting like spoilt children.

Thank you for all that you have done and tried to do over the past year.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

What they said.

Thanks a million for everything.